radeon xt1950txt pro vs geforce 7900 gts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The GeForce 7900 has a powerlevel of 3,000,000,000!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm fairly certain that the x1950xt would smoke a 7900 in any trim. A 7950 GT would be fairer fight :rolleyes:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the x1950xt is made by ATi. It would lose to a 6600GT.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, you sir, have your head completely in the clouds or inside your ass, I haven't figured out which yet. A 6600GT is a far cry short of muscle from a x1800gt, much less a x1950xt.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The ATI Card is more powerfull, Yet Nvidia Geforce 7 7950GTX Beats it hands down :)
Price/Performance crown goes to Nvidia.
The better drivers also goto Nvidia!
ATI Royally pissed me off when they refused to have the added support for all their non-direct x 9.0 cards. (Like the Radeon 9200).
Nvidia still has support for the Old TNT cards in their drivers!
For me Nvidia is awsome performance at a great price point :) And I dont need 50 billion drivers to support All of their Graphix cards. And If I remember rightly, the ATI card uses more power me-thinks! Which adds to your electricity bill :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pemalite said:
The ATI Card is more powerfull, Yet Nvidia Geforce 7 7950GTX Beats it hands down :)
Price/Performance crown goes to Nvidia.
The better drivers also goto Nvidia!
ATI Royally pissed me off when they refused to have the added support for all their non-direct x 9.0 cards. (Like the Radeon 9200).
Nvidia still has support for the Old TNT cards in their drivers!
For me Nvidia is awsome performance at a great price point :) And I dont need 50 billion drivers to support All of their Graphix cards. And If I remember rightly, the ATI card uses more power me-thinks! Which adds to your electricity bill :p
I'm sure you mean a 7950GX2? which is sli on one stick and uses more powe then a X1950XTX. With the power load difference being tiny between competing products in the same intended market, it adds very little money to a power bill regardless of which one consumes more power (unless it was seriously flawed).

Doesn't matter though, G80 (Geforce 8800GTS/GTX) puts all these cards To shame =P. ATI though will Ship R600, their next gen GPU soon enough.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the most part, Nvidia is what you want for a two card solution, and ATi is what you want for a single card. Nvidia and ATi's top offerings are literally milliseconds behind eachother, and I promise you won't notice a difference. LOL, kids.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Cucumba said:
For the most part, Nvidia is what you want for a two card solution, and ATi is what you want for a single card. Nvidia and ATi's top offerings are literally milliseconds behind eachother, and I promise you won't notice a difference. LOL, kids.
Yes you do, 8800GTX.

And yes the image quality dramatically improved and kicks X1950XTX Crossfires ass with the latest driver.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually with full optimizations I'm confident that any ATI card can outperform Nvidias of equal strength.

I forget what it was, but there is some basic element of graphics customization that literally can't be done on a GF card without having THREE SEPARATE third party progs; in the ATI driver set, it's right in the main menu.

Either way, with ATI Tray Tools and some other minor tweaks I have kept my 9800 Pro alive and kicking with some of the bigger guys. I can only imagine the performance I'd be able to pull out of a big card...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
Yes you do, 8800GTX.

And yes the image quality dramatically improved and kicks X1950XTX Crossfires ass with the latest driver.
Don't be fooled, the 8800GTX is the next category up, which ATi has not yet released. I'm talking about equally footed classing, but you can play with numbers how you like fanboy.

As for Prides comments, I still ascertain that you will not notice a difference between top line cards in the same category.

If people are done being ignorant, I'll be on my way.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Don't be fooled, the 8800GTX is the next category up, which ATi has not yet released. I'm talking about equally footed classing, but you can play with numbers how you like fanboy.

As for Prides comments, I still ascertain that you will not notice a difference between top line cards in the same category.

If people are done being ignorant, I'll be on my way.
Sorry to say this Cucumba but your logic is flawed.

You could say the same to people comparing the ATi Radeon 9700 vs Geforce 4 Ti 4600 back in the day.
(Nobody whined backed then, now did they?)
It's what released what counts, not what is still to come.

Besides a 8800GTX is cheaper and faster then a 2x X1950XTX, hell even an OC'ed(And not rediculously far) 8800GTS is faster then a 2x X1950XTX setup and even sometime faster then a stock 8800GTX. Besides that a HELL lot cheaper.

@SaiyanPride;

You shouldn't compare videocard of equal strength, but of equal price. It's totally unlogical to put a 7900GTO vs a X1950XTX if they are not equally priced. Unless you have infinity resource of cash(Please share with me :p), it's retarded to compare setups with 2 difference price classes.

Now for some social training here.
Cucumba, if you have a problem with my behaviour, reply in a way which does not provoke flaming by called someone ignorant.
And I pretty sure it was towards me because, beside SaiyanPride, there is nobody else who responded later then your latest post.

I expected from a 20+(Or was it 30+ already?) adult, which is a father, more intelligent response then "If people are done being ignorant, I'll be on my way." and "LOL, kids.".

P.s. Calling me fanboy shows how fanboyish/hypocrite you are. I have a ATi Radeon X700 in my laptop and never whine about it. It's fine, I'm just stating facts thank you.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are being ignorant, because you are comparing different model years. Thus my logic is completely fine.

Lets use cars as an example. If you compare the 84 Corvette to the 2006 Ford GT, of course the Ford GT will win hands down. Compare the Vette Z06 from 2006, and the race is a whole lot tighter. My point being that it matters what stepping of technology you are on. You are supposing that I should compare a Core Duo to my old Athlon XP, nothing more nothing less.

I will continue to do no such thing, and untill a DirectX 10 class card surfaces from ATi, my point is not only valid, but correct.

If you want to take a more mature, informed stance on the video cards, I'm willing to listen. Untill then you remain a child, and you remain ignorant.

Lets step back a moment and not forget that out of everyone in this thread, I am the only one with college and trade school education on the subject.

Not to mention, boy, that if you attempt to socially correct me again, I will hand your ass to you.

"LOL Kids" points to the fact that you are all having pissing contests over a frame or two of animation your mind cannot comprehend in the first place, or 10 milliseconds, that MILLIONTHS OF A SECOND, that you can't percieve either. Rest assured, when the R600 cores arrive, I will merrily laugh at your digital bravado, and not even bother being justified because I know already that I'm right.

As for ignorant, the burden of proof now lies on you, Devion, prove to me that you are not by intelligently telling me why I should compare technology in one class from one in another. And before I forget, don't tell me that all that matters is what's out now. Rest assured, ATi's DX10 card will be out shortly.

Deny ignorance, it physically harms you.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Cucumba said:
You are being ignorant, because you are comparing different model years. Thus my logic is completely fine.

Lets use cars as an example. If you compare the 84 Corvette to the 2006 Ford GT, of course the Ford GT will win hands down. Compare the Vette Z06 from 2006, and the race is a whole lot tighter. My point being that it matters what stepping of technology you are on. You are supposing that I should compare a Core Duo to my old Athlon XP, nothing more nothing less.
Get a bunch of goggles, as I said you should compare models on base of PRICE. If an Athlon XP would be 350 dollars and you compare E6600(Which is about 350 dollars), it would be a perfect comparison. Unless you want to say that you never look at the price of hardware.

I mean if you have to choose between a X1900XT 256MB version for 250 dollars or a X1950XTX 512MB, which isnt that much faster, I would choose the X1900XT 256MB. More bang for the buck.

But if you would compare them purely on performance it isnt fair to say that a 500 euro rig is not as faster as a 1800 euro rig. Yeah well duh with that kind of money you can buy more expensive and faster components and its only logic that it will be faster.
Cucumba said:
I will continue to do no such thing, and untill a DirectX 10 class card surfaces from ATi, my point is not only valid, but correct.
Then keep on dreaming. Besides why would you wait on a DirectX 10 ATi card? It's DriectX 9(.c :p) performance we are talking about, because you cant make a statement of DirectX 10 performance since there arent benchmarks or games released with DirectX 10 support.

If you want to buy a futureproof videocard, I suggest you wait until there are actual DirectX 10 benchmarks and games. You dont want to make the same mistake that I made with the Geforce FX serie.(I still have nightmares about my Geforce FX 5600 ;p)

Now for the next arguments I'll take them down one by one.
Cucumba said:
If you want to take a more mature, informed stance on the video cards, I'm willing to listen. Untill then you remain a child, and you remain ignorant.
So what do you KNOW of videocards? Technical specification? (M)architecture? Hardware-Software capabilities?

Now if you quit assuming that I know absolutely nothing about videocards and give a proper response why I shouldnt compare a 2x X1950XTX and 8800GTX. The 2x X1950XTX is even more expensive then the 8800GTX.

Despite of the which looks you like of a car, you dont compare a million euro car with one which is 10.000 euro. You compare them in terms of pricing.
Also technology is constantly compared to each other. Electric cars to diesel cars. Or to take a little leap back in time, steamturbine boats with diesel boats.
Why is it that its different with videocards?
Cucumba said:
Lets step back a moment and not forget that out of everyone in this thread, I am the only one with college and trade school education on the subject.
It didn't help you much.

Might explain why I'm more economical orientated as I am studing Accoutancy. ;p
Cucumba said:
Not to mention, boy, that if you attempt to socially correct me again, I will hand your ass to you.
"I will hand your ass to you", I think I said enough, man.
Cucumba said:
"LOL Kids" points to the fact that you are all having pissing contests over a frame or two of animation your mind cannot comprehend in the first place, or 10 milliseconds, that MILLIONTHS OF A SECOND, that you can't percieve either. Rest assured, when the R600 cores arrive, I will merrily laugh at your digital bravado, and not even bother being justified because I know already that I'm right.
Oh dear mother jehosifat.

First of all 8800GTX is consiberably faster then 2x X1950XTX(ATi's strongest setup atm). Now it wouldn't matter if the speed difference wasn't noticable but it is. Second of all the 8800GTX is cheaper. Thirdly, FINALLY nVidia improved it's quality setting. Especially people would like to play everything full out with a 24 inch LCD it's a blessing.

And to be now just plain blunt, mr Admin, I NEVER said ANYTHING about the R600, except for the fact it isnt out. So please explain to me why you would laugh in my face when the R600 is coming out? Dont ignore it, EXPLAIN WHY.

You might see me somehow as a nVidia fanboy, but I'm not. I'm a hardware freak and that's all to it. I advise people on which hardware they should choose on almost a daily basis. And most of the time its an ATi videocard.(X1900XT 256MB to be exact)
Cucumba said:
As for ignorant, the burden of proof now lies on you, Devion, prove to me that you are not by intelligently telling me why I should compare technology in one class from one in another. And before I forget, don't tell me that all that matters is what's out now. Rest assured, ATi's DX10 card will be out shortly.
You make it sound almost like a political discussion.

As I stated now for the 4th time, technology difference doesn't matter. I mean I suppose the lastest XGI and S3 videocards, with your logic are extremely fast, compared to a Geforce 5900Ultra or a Radeon 9800 Pro.
Or you couldnt compare the X850XT with a 6800Ultra, since the X850XT didnt have SM3.0. Different technology, cant compare!
As you see that is NO way of comparing.
Cucumba said:
Deny ignorance, it physically harms you.
Oh yes wise man. *kuch*

Best answers
uncover bunker said:
which one is powerful?
The Geforce 7950 GT is more powerful in most cases, as reported in Gamespot's 2006 video roundup(they benchmarked and tested all the current and old Geforce and ATI cards)

But don't get a geforce if you want to play Oblivian with HDR and AA at the same time, get the ATI card if you want suprior graphics in Oblivian.

P.S I wish I had your money, I'm on a 7300...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
Get a bunch of goggles, as I said you should compare models on base of PRICE. If an Athlon XP would be 350 dollars and you compare E6600(Which is about 350 dollars), it would be a perfect comparison. Unless you want to say that you never look at the price of hardware.
Then have fun comparing apples to oranges.

I mean if you have to choose between a X1900XT 256MB version for 250 dollars or a X1950XTX 512MB, which isnt that much faster, I would choose the X1900XT 256MB. More bang for the buck.
In fact, that was my very choice, and I have one installed on my computer now. I can agree with this point, and it's well thought out. This is not a comparison of what should be bought, it was a direct comparison of two cards, and I pointed out that the top offering of both companies is usually marginally faster or slower, not titanically. The 8800 is a step up, it's counterpart is missing.

But if you would compare them purely on performance it isnt fair to say that a 500 euro rig is not as faster as a 1800 euro rig. Yeah well duh with that kind of money you can buy more expensive and faster components and its only logic that it will be faster.
We agree here.

Then keep on dreaming. Besides why would you wait on a DirectX 10 ATi card? It's DriectX 9(.c :p) performance we are talking about, because you cant make a statement of DirectX 10 performance since there arent benchmarks or games released with DirectX 10 support.
And you somehow beleive that ATi's DX10 class card will not prove to be the 8800's neighbor? Explain this irrational logic, as history is proving you pretty wrong.

If you want to buy a futureproof videocard, I suggest you wait until there are actual DirectX 10 benchmarks and games. You dont want to make the same mistake that I made with the Geforce FX serie.(I still have nightmares about my Geforce FX 5600 ;p)
The 5xxx series is the one card I can remember going back that was really, really bad compared to it's competition. (Barring of course the Matrox, SiS, et al entries.)

Now for the next arguments I'll take them down one by one.
Oh dear god, not shown up by an internet "hardware guru"!

So what do you KNOW of videocards? Technical specification? (M)architecture? Hardware-Software capabilities?
Since my focus was in hardware engineering, far more than most of you people here, even if you read trade magazines.

Now if you quit assuming that I know absolutely nothing about videocards and give a proper response why I shouldnt compare a 2x X1950XTX and 8800GTX. The 2x X1950XTX is even more expensive then the 8800GTX.
Now you need the goggles, I said you were ignorant, perhaps foolish, but never devoid of knowledge on the subject, but thank you for putting ideas in my head and words in my mouth. You shouldn't compare them because they are not in the same class, which has been my argument all along. This is a discussion about power, not economics. Further the undertone was always that of the constant fanboy war between the two manufacturers. They both will have a card, roughly in the same class, and same price range, that should be compared.

Despite of the which looks you like of a car, you dont compare a million euro car with one which is 10.000 euro. You compare them in terms of pricing.
Also technology is constantly compared to each other. Electric cars to diesel cars. Or to take a little leap back in time, steamturbine boats with diesel boats.
Why is it that its different with videocards?
It's not, you insist on comparing apples to oranges. We are talking performance, not price. The 8xxx cards will win hands down because there is no equivalent ATi card yet. When that card arrives, my point will be valid. You are dancing firmly around my original ascertation that two cards in the same class from both companies will be so close to eachother that the difference will be negligable. You stormed into this thread and attempted to correct Moore's Law, not just me. If the x1900 and 7900 cards were close in performance, then their descendants 18 months down the road will be too, unless some ungodly mismanagement of the supporting systems (busses, for example) turns horridly wrong. (Hello, 5xxx series.)

It didn't help you much.
Hello to skating on thin ice, one more comment like that and it's a warning. Kids is one thing, ignorance is another, insinuating that my education fails me is another entirely. Not only that but you outright called me immature, which is conjecture, unlike my calling of your age, which is fact.

"I will hand your ass to you", I think I said enough, man.
This was not an empty threat, keep it up.

First of all 8800GTX is consiberably faster then 2x X1950XTX(ATi's strongest setup atm). Now it wouldn't matter if the speed difference wasn't noticable but it is. Second of all the 8800GTX is cheaper. Thirdly, FINALLY nVidia improved it's quality setting. Especially people would like to play everything full out with a 24 inch LCD it's a blessing.
ATM, great abbreviation, also a conssesion to my point, and Moore's Law. You know full well the DX10 ATi card will perform similar, be it lower or higher, than the Nvidia card just released.

And to be now just plain blunt, mr Admin, I NEVER said ANYTHING about the R600, except for the fact it isnt out. So please explain to me why you would laugh in my face when the R600 is coming out? Dont ignore it, EXPLAIN WHY.
We are having some serious failure to communicate here. My point of contention is that you should compare the Nvidia 8xxx to the R600 cards when they arrive for an accurate comparison based on the spirit of this thread. You are saying something akin to, well, look at how the 360 whips the Slimline PS2, even though both are currently the top offerings of their respective brands. When the R600 comes out, my point will be validated, and Moore's Law once again vindicated, and you will have been wrong to assail my opinion.

You might see me somehow as a nVidia fanboy, but I'm not. I'm a hardware freak and that's all to it. I advise people on which hardware they should choose on almost a daily basis. And most of the time its an ATi videocard.(X1900XT 256MB to be exact)[/qoute]

You've given the burden of proof that you are not a fanboy, and obviously that you are not ignorant of hardware to a degree. What baffles me is why you would support an ascertation that you know will give tainted results. If you are buying a card right now, there is no question that it should be the 8xxx, however, that will not be the case in less than six months, garaunteed. Whatever monstrosity Nvidia has then as it's top card, will be matched by something equally monsterous from ATi.

As I stated now for the 4th time, technology difference doesn't matter. I mean I suppose the lastest XGI and S3 videocards, with your logic are extremely fast, compared to a Geforce 5900Ultra or a Radeon 9800 Pro.
On that note, your ascertation that I should include SiS and the other bit players is a complete smoke and mirrors trick. Thanks for trying though. I said two companies, not all of them, as XGI, Intel and SiS are way behind the curve on technology.

Or you couldnt compare the X850XT with a 6800Ultra, since the X850XT didnt have SM3.0. Different technology, cant compare!
And the reason both cards couldn't be tested with SM2.0? Oh wait, you just proved my point. Don't compare DX10 cards to DX9 cards. Oh yeah, I forgot use DX9 . . . wait a tic, I'm right again. Your final point supports my original argument, are we done now?

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Then have fun comparing apples to oranges.
It's not apples and oranges, it would be if I compared DirectX 10 performance on the 8800GTX and DirectX 9 performance on the X1950XTX with each other.

Then it would be apples and oranges.
Cucumba said:
In fact, that was my very choice, and I have one installed on my computer now. I can agree with this point, and it's well thought out. This is not a comparison of what should be bought, it was a direct comparison of two cards, and I pointed out that the top offering of both companies is usually marginally faster or slower, not titanically. The 8800 is a step up, it's counterpart is missing.
Ehum, Geforce FX 5900Ultra vs Radeon 9800 Pro, the Radeon 9800 Pro was (semi)titanically faster in true DirectX 9. It happens.

The counterpart(R600) you are refering to isnt here yet, so the direct counterpart would be effectively 2x X1950XTX until ATi's releases its new flagship the R600.
Cucumba said:
And you somehow beleive that ATi's DX10 class card will not prove to be the 8800's neighbor? Explain this irrational logic, as history is proving you pretty wrong.
I did not say that. I said till the R600 isn't out, the X1950XTX is 8800GTX counterpart or metaphorical neighbour.

It's about what you can buy NOW, not in the future.
Cucumba said:
The 5xxx series is the one card I can remember going back that was really, really bad compared to it's competition. (Barring of course the Matrox, SiS, et al entries.)
Couldn't agree more. So that's why I'm not saying anything about the R600, unlike you who is making statements; "Rest assured, when the R600 cores arrive, I will merrily laugh at your digital bravado, and not even bother being justified because I know already that I'm right.".

If you dont mind, I'll rather wait until the actual videocard comes out before I will talk about its performance.
Cucumba said:
Since my focus was in hardware engineering, far more than most of you people here, even if you read trade magazines.
So because the 8800GTX and X1950XTX is different in specs/technology, you cant compare it? Rather redicolous.
Cucumba said:
Now you need the goggles, I said you were ignorant, perhaps foolish, but never devoid of knowledge on the subject, but thank you for putting ideas in my head and words in my mouth. You shouldn't compare them because they are not in the same class, which has been my argument all along. This is a discussion about power, not economics. Further the undertone was always that of the constant fanboy war between the two manufacturers. They both will have a card, roughly in the same class, and same price range, that should be compared.
What makes you can fit thing into imaginary classes? Hell then the Geforce 6xxx serie never had competition until the X1 series, because the X serie didnt support SM2.0!(To make it clear, I'm being sarcastic)

As you can see, it doesnt work that way. You compare cards because of the price and then pick the one which gives more bang of its buck. Unless you have an infinite cash resources.(Share please)
Cucumba said:
It's not, you insist on comparing apples to oranges. We are talking performance, not price. The 8xxx cards will win hands down because there is no equivalent ATi card yet. When that card arrives, my point will be valid. You are dancing firmly around my original ascertation that two cards in the same class from both companies will be so close to eachother that the difference will be negligable. You stormed into this thread and attempted to correct Moore's Law, not just me. If the x1900 and 7900 cards were close in performance, then their descendants 18 months down the road will be too, unless some ungodly mismanagement of the supporting systems (busses, for example) turns horridly wrong. (Hello, 5xxx series.)
Why would you take cards of about the same performance? Hey the X1900XT is almost as fast as a 7900GTX!

But you know well as I do, that isnt a fair comparison, because the X1900XT is ALOT cheaper.

Furthermore Moore's law is about doubling transistors each 1 and a half year. Not about performance, gigaherzen or any of that. It's a popular misconception.
Cucumba said:
Hello to skating on thin ice, one more comment like that and it's a warning. Kids is one thing, ignorance is another, insinuating that my education fails me is another entirely. Not only that but you outright called me immature, which is conjecture, unlike my calling of your age, which is fact.
Who was the one who invoked fanboy in this topic? Who started name calling? Who started the "boy" calling? Who was it who directly transformed this part of the topic in a fanboy discussion?

Now here is a suggestion. Let Smith/Zorg or other admin judge this topic. Let him decide objectively and precise who made the ice "thin". No offense but your judgement is impaired and highly subjective.
Cucumba said:
ATM, great abbreviation, also a conssesion to my point, and Moore's Law. You know full well the DX10 ATi card will perform similar, be it lower or higher, than the Nvidia card just released.
Moore's law has nothing to do with this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law

Furthermore, we are talking about DirectX 9(.c) performance. The advantage of 8800GTX of DirectX 10 has no affected to it.
Cucumba said:
We are having some serious failure to communicate here. My point of contention is that you should compare the Nvidia 8xxx to the R600 cards when they arrive for an accurate comparison based on the spirit of this thread. You are saying something akin to, well, look at how the 360 whips the Slimline PS2, even though both are currently the top offerings of their respective brands. When the R600 comes out, my point will be validated, and Moore's Law once again vindicated, and you will have been wrong to assail my opinion.
Again Moore's law has nothing to do with it.

Yes the Xbox360 vs PS2 is a PERFECT comparison. For someone with not infinite cash amount, its perfectly to analyse which console give more value for your money. Xbox 360, more powerfull/better graphics, great online future and expensive compared to the PS2. PS2 getting outdated, less good looking graphics, incredible amount of games and great games.(Last one is a bit subjective though)

But then again each comparison is subjective, because some people are willing to pay the 200 euro extra and some dont.
Cucumba said:
You've given the burden of proof that you are not a fanboy, and obviously that you are not ignorant of hardware to a degree. What baffles me is why you would support an ascertation that you know will give tainted results. If you are buying a card right now, there is no question that it should be the 8xxx, however, that will not be the case in less than six months, garaunteed. Whatever monstrosity Nvidia has then as it's top card, will be matched by something equally monsterous from ATi.
First of all, dont make assumptions that the R600 will defintely is faster. As it looks to be faster on paper, we all know the Geforce FX event.

Furthermore for all we know nVidia could release G81 until then.

But besides all that, we are talking about now. Now the 8800GTX is faster and cheaper then 2x X1950XTX.
Cucumba said:
On that note, your ascertation that I should include SiS and the other bit players is a complete smoke and mirrors trick. Thanks for trying though. I said two companies, not all of them, as XGI, Intel and SiS are way behind the curve on technology.
Why exactly, because it debunks your caterogy theory?

It makes no freaking sense to make caterogies and then compare existing cards to non-existing cards. Certainly based on technology is utter stupid, because then we couldnt compare Geforce 6 vs ATi X or Geforce FX vs ATi 9
Cucumba said:
And the reason both cards couldn't be tested with SM2.0? Oh wait, you just proved my point. Don't compare DX10 cards to DX9 cards. Oh yeah, I forgot use DX9 . . . wait a tic, I'm right again. Your final point supports my original argument, are we done now?
First of all they could BOTH be tested with SM2.0, not SM3.0. But I'll assume that's a typo.

If you read more carefully you could clearly see I was sarcastic.(Hence the !)
Maybe this is more clear.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Radeon 9xxx series vs Geforce FX? Everyone knows the outcome of that one. Radeon.
And after skipping through the wars and flames, and insulting and what not...
It doesnt matter if its a direct x 10 part or a direct x 9 part, at the moment having support for eityher API is NOT GOING TO IMPACT YOU at the moment.
And I would compare the New Geforce to the newest ATI card. for ONE reason, and thats Price/Performance, if the latest Geforce 8800GTX was the same price as the radeon 1950xt and the geforce shat on it, what would be the most logical buy? Price/Performance/features Is all that really matters, I couldnt be stuffed who has the performance crown, as long as I can get a mid ranged card, that has awsome features, awsome price, awsome performance, who am I to complain? All of my computers have ATI or Nvidia cards or even 3dfx cards, depending on the generations, and what had the best performance and price ratio. seriously, this bickering on who is better is incredibly old. If you wish to argue about it, do it elsehwere please. Some people rather just do without it :) and it aint nice to read all that crap when you just wake up... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom