radeon 9600 pro 256mb

Best answers
today i bought some new ram + agp video card
i bought a radeon 9600 pro 256mb ati graphics card and installed latest drivers. i go to play cs 1.6 and cz and it plays like ****. fps start of with 100 then drop down to 15-30 and it the player moves very bad. the cross hair also moves responds like **** when i move my mouse. i also bought a new logitech mouse. my old geforce 4 mx440 64 mb acted way better then this i had 100 fps and played very well. wtf?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why'd you get a 9600? The 9800 is the best card for that generation (as far as ATI goes...), and 9800 Pro 128MB ones are quite cheap these days...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was this thing I used to do as a kid. I would take all the money I earned from doing chores, and pool it together to buy something I wanted. It required patience, but it ensures that I was able to buy one of the cool LEGO sets, rather than one of the small, crappy, overpriced ones. If you couldn't afford anything decent, waiting would have be the best option, especially because it wouldn't be all that much more... 9800's go for around $30 on eBay these days, if not less.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How much did you pay for that 9600? Since it's a really crappy card these days. You would be much better off with a newer card, you could have just saved some money and buy it later. To answer your question, I wouldn't know, it should be able to play CS perfectly fine.

And yeah, 9800 isn't that expensive these days. (25 to 30 dollars) and is twice as powerful as your 9600 you have now. (Would be able to play Half Life 2 at high settings)

Edit:

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

Best answers
my dad payed for it and this card was the best the shop it had lol, i can play css and hl2 fine but not cs 1.6 or cz. i dont like css or hl2. im just angry that cs 1.6 doesnt respond verywell. as i go to type it doesnt show up intell 1 sec later and its very laggy, i go to stop walking but it keeps walking or it wont shoot when i click the mouse i got the video card for 150 i think lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this card was the best the shop it had lol
Please don't shop there. Ever.

And $150? You got mega-shafted there. Tell me you can take the card back, please.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my dad payed for it and this card was the best the shop it had lol, i can play css and hl2 fine but not cs 1.6 or cz. i dont like css or hl2. im just angry that cs 1.6 doesnt respond verywell. as i go to type it doesnt show up intell 1 sec later and its very laggy, i go to stop walking but it keeps walking or it wont shoot when i click the mouse i got the video card for 150 i think lol
Return it, get something else. For 150 dollars, you can get a 8600GTS, 3 times as powerful as you have now, specially made for HD decoding and a DX10 card. Next time, ask here before buying a new video card. There are a lot of people on these forums that know the price/quality rating of a lot of videocards, if they don't they can search for it. But your card is not worth 150 dollars, more like...15 to 20 dollars.

As for CS, what settings do you use?

Best answers
yea i can take it back i use the recommended settings, 1024x768 in openGL
rate 20000
cl_updaterate 101,cl_cmdrate 101,ati_npatch 0,ati_supdiv 0,developer 1 and fps_max 350

ive been changing all settings in the ati catylist control center aswell but it still sucks to play 1.6 or cz. i cant even stand one minute of it
:guys i cant take it back... i really need help with this css + hl2 works fine but not cs 1.6 and cs zero. ive tried a lot of settings with catylist control center i have the latest drivers, and ive tried opengl and d3d. the reaction is so slow in 1.6 and fps are everywhere from 15-100. once i play online its not even worth playing for 20 secs i basicly have the same problem as this guy http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1335035674

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom