Radar Suggestion

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's not in esf it's photoshop anyway it look's grate but an other color theath will be seen on dark and like sky and ground a perfect color , like Red could work can you do it on Red Color

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron, that suggestion of yours is the ****. :yes:

It would be great if it was toggleable, and you could set the transparency of it, too.

It would also make it a bit easier to aim at long distances, because it's easier to see people.

Maybe it would be possible to have different colors, depending on how powerful your opponent is. It could be blue for a very weak opponent, and then gradually get more red, when the enemy is very strong.

That way, you can instantly see if someone is more powerful than you, and how much more, without having to read the little numbers every time.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it's a grate ideea Shiyojin Rommyu this way beam spaming culd be slow because you will not see them and they can remove the diamonde

Force Pit Member
Best answers
having both options (one with text below the radar, and one with text in the middle of screen) would be nice. In my opinion, all the text might get in the way when there is a bunch of players in the server.

Shiyojin Rommyu said:

Maybe it would be possible to have different colors, depending on how powerful your opponent is. It could be blue for a very weak opponent, and then gradually get more red, when the enemy is very strong.

That way, you can instantly see if someone is more powerful than you, and how much more, without having to read the little numbers every time.
Lol nice idea shiyojin.

Best answers
I gotta say thats a pretty damn nice idea. Itd be nice to see this in. It can sometimes be a pain in the ass to not know exactly who its is your fighting until u kill them with radar mode.

Best answers
one problem guys
it looks indeed nice
but think, 2 players will look fine
but when there are like 10 players in front of you ... UGLY and disturbing

i wouldn't like the view

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now THAT sounds like a great idea!

and offtopic, tho related: how about when a character reaches the absolute maximum PL you can get, that the scouter starts beeping and showing wierd symbols for the gigantic PL, overloads and you see the scouter eyepiece crack. Scouter still functions, but has cracks in it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Wouldn't this work:

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/3848/esfscouter9pj.jpg

As soon as you hover your mouse over the enemy player, a sprite similair to the show's scouter will fade in to about...20~40% opacity. So it doesn't block your view, but is still readable. (I used 20% in this image, should be a bit higher seeing as the text is rather hard to read). Simple, good and effective.

been thinking about something like this for a while... hadnt written it up though :x

Best answers
ssj2goku said:
one problem guys
it looks indeed nice
but think, 2 players will look fine
but when there are like 10 players in front of you ... UGLY and disturbing

i wouldn't like the view
The stats would only come on wen u put ur cursor over a person. Also it wouldnt change ur view at all. Thats just the view Sub plays in. :]

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
either me or pain will bring it up on next sundays meeting.
good idea indeed :)

Best answers
But Woudn't it make this too easy

i think having 3 modes gives more challenge and the original scouters in dragonball z had to be toggled too

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it is annoying, ESF is a fast paced game, and I don't feel like having to search for an enemy for 5 minutes, I want to get into the action right away.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TheCost said:
But Woudn't it make this too easy

i think having 3 modes gives more challenge and the original scouters in dragonball z had to be toggled too
It has nothing to do with making the game hard, it has to do with making the game less annoying for the player (as Sicron said).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to let you guys know that the team did discuss this idea, and we will be doing a slight variation of it. The details of which will remain unknown untill it's nearer to completion.

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom