Racism! (A hot topic)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok, I'm 16 here, and I'm quite sick of getting called a racist (I'm white FYI).

Now here's my outlook on things:
The word "******" can be used to define both a black, or white person.
The word "Cracker" is the "Black Person's" way of calling a white person a "******".
Most people see the word "Cracker" as a non racial word.
Most people see Black people as "innocent" in the world of racism.

Now, to me the word ****** means Ignorant Individual (and I usually will just call someone ignorant, not using the word much).

However what I want to understand is why do schools suspend for "Racism" when the word "******" is used, however "Cracker" is perfectly acceptable when aimed at an individual?

To another degree, the word ******, does in no way shape or form describe a Black person, though it can. It simply means ignorant individual (Of any race).

I've been called racist because of my dislike of "******s". Even after trying to explain my outlook on things, people still persist that it's racist. What is your view on this?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's because ****** has a history attached to it. Cracker was created as a way to try to lessen the impact of the word ****** by giving black folk a word to use to degrade white folk. Of course, cracker doesn't bother white people, can hardly be called racist since it's...a cracker, and no one has forgotten all of the stigma attached to ******.

Stop using it. It isn't your word. You're not allowed to use it. Blame white Americans of the past.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The word "******" originated from slavery and was used as a derogatory term for black slaves, I don't recall the word being used to undermine any other race. The word cracker also originated from slavery, it was created because the slave owners always "cracked" their whips (making a crackling sound), when lynching and punishing slaves.

People in my family and some of my friends use the word "******" to refer to me or other people, no matter what their race is. It's pretty absurd that people use the word as a friendly term such as dude, or man. I try my hardest to refrain from saying the word at all, especially when referring to one of my friends or family members.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It isn't "My" word? Are you saying it belongs to a person, or people?

Not that it matters, But of what creed would you be?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The word "******" originated from slavery and was used as a derogatory term for black slaves, I don't recall the word being used to undermine any other race. The word cracker also originated from slavery, it was created because the slave owners always "cracked" their whips (making a crackling sound), when lynching and punishing slaves.

People in my family and some of my friends use the word "******" to refer to me or other people, no matter what their race is. It's pretty absurd that people use the word as a friendly term such as dude, or man. I try my hardest to refrain from saying the word at all, especially when referring to one of my friends or family members.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

I see your point here, however I've been called "*****" by a specific individual, though I am clearly white, that defies your logic, no?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't "My" word? Are you saying it belongs to a person, or people?

Not that it matters, But of what creed would you be?
It isn't your word because black people have taken it for themselves, and rightly so, in order to trivialize it and remove any power it may have over people.

And you're right. My creed doesn't matter.

@ Your second post: The word ****** is used so frequently, that it can mean just about anything. It's part of the trivialization of the word, which many black leaders feel is a bad thing. I, on the other hand, am happy to see a racial slur lose all meaning.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do what I do and don't use racist terms. Ever. Whether the n-word means this or whether it means that makes no difference. It's the history associated with it that makes it what it is, but not so much it's definition.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even understand why someone would feel the need to use racist terms. People have names. Use them. If you want to insult them, stick to general terms. No reason to bring up a time where black people were considered to be little more than tools.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see your point here, however I've been called "*****" by a specific individual, though I am clearly white, that defies your logic, no?
I said before, people say "******" to other people as a word to replace, dude, man, fellow, chap, lad, etc.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
For clarification, I never use the word ******, in solitude or public, unless provoked by an individual that fits under that term (Ignorant), however If I simply called them ignorant they wouldn't understand, and calling them stupid would be laughable.

I shouldn't be fighting to begin with I know, I've never started a Fight in my life, I just keep to myself and my friends, but people still feel the need to provoke me (I'm overweight), And using intelligent terms just makes them stand there and go "what?"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't matter though, people can say what they want, you don't have to respond or react, if that's the case.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For clarification, I never use the word ******, in solitude or public, unless provoked by an individual that fits under that term (Ignorant), however If I simply called them ignorant they wouldn't understand, and calling them stupid would be laughable.

I shouldn't be fighting to begin with I know, I've never started a Fight in my life, I just keep to myself and my friends, but people still feel the need to provoke me (I'm overweight), And using intelligent terms just makes them stand there and go "what?"
So? If they can't understand you, you've won. Just walk away. There's really no excuse for resorting to racism or using racial slurs, even if you don't recognize the stigma attached to them. Simply don't use them. If they don't understand what moron means, they're not worth arguing with. If you're so self conscious about being overweight, don't take it out on them and get yourself in shape. If you don't want to get in shape, ignore them when they insult your weight.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So? If they can't understand you, you've won. Just walk away. There's really no excuse for resorting to racism or using racial slurs, even if you don't recognize the stigma attached to them. Simply don't use them. If they don't understand what moron means, they're not worth arguing with. If you're so self conscious about being overweight, don't take it out on them and get yourself in shape. If you don't want to get in shape, ignore them when they insult your weight.
It's easier said than done

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course it is, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Racism in any and every form needs to die. I think within the past 100 years or so, we've made great strides towards that end. Within the next few hundred years I'm hopeful that it'll be a thing of the past. Hell, just look at Obama, we're on the verge of having the first black president.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this happening at school or something?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's easier said than done
Of course it is, but that's hardly an excuse for not walking away. I didn't exactly grow up in the suburbs. I learned to pick my battles, how to shut up, how to ignore people and when and how to stand up for myself. When it comes time for me to open my mouth, I'm not going to resort to using racial slurs and I'm not going to argue about things that have absolutely zero relevance to the situation at hand. I'm going to talk to them like human beings. If I'm forced to throw down, at least I know I'll have exhausted all other options.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Black people don't use it in the way you are thinking of. The "ga" is very different form the "ger" variation.

Let's say a black person says "I was the at store and some ***** started giving the clerk ****". That's with "ga". That is a term transformed by the black community to mean "dude" basically. "A couple of dudes on the block" is the same as saying "a couple of *****s on the block".

Now, you being white, you are basically not allowed to say it. Why? Because the idea/image of a white person saying it is still connected to the times of slavery, and it is seen as derogatory when you say it, even if you are not saying it. When a black person says it, it usually is race-neutral.

But, why would you ever want to use that word in a normal conversation as "ignorant individual"? Why not just say "idiot", "dumbass", or "douche bag"? "******", coming from you, sounds like you are calling someone that because they are black. Instead of saying "Hey you! Yeah! I think you're REALLY ignorant!", you are saying "You are ignorant because you are black!"

"Cracker" has much less of an impact than "******". White people had a derogatory name for black people, so we made one for yall, so there isn't really a history to it.

I personally don't like the use of "*****" at all. Yeah we basically took it and made it "ours", but we still get pissed if a non black calls us that. And looking at the majority of the popular black people that use the word "*****" often, there really isn't much to be proud of.

And for your own safety, do not resort to that word as a trump card when someone is messing with you. Say it to the wrong person, and you might not live to regret it.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I ignore history, I look at the here and now.

lets look at reparations, none of the blacks begging for money now were slaves themselves, and none of the people they are begging to are slavers.

they are trying to exploit their history as a means of lining their own pockets nothing more.

of course, that just my perspective XD

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I ignore history, I look at the here and now.

lets look at reparations, none of the blacks begging for money now were slaves themselves, and none of the people they are begging to are slavers.

they are trying to exploit their history as a means of lining their own pockets nothing more.

of course, that just my perspective XD
None of this has anything to do with anything. If you want to talk about how silly reparations are, how about we talk about the reparations owed to the Native Americas per contracts signed with the United States government, none of which have been honored.

Or let's not and focus on the topic and not use the thread as a platform for thinly-veiled attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom