Racism! (A hot topic)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is going to sound weird, and interpret as you will, but I've always felt it is fine for an individual to classify a culture, just not a person. You can make certain assumptions based on statistical data on various cultures, how they respond to certain things, what they like to do, what they like to eat, and you can be correct in all of those. You are also free to dislike various aspects of those cultures because they don't mesh with your system of beliefs. What you cannot do without an in-depth analysis is assess an individual's tastes, predispositions, and opinions. The problem people run into is once they have a bad taste in their mouth for a certain culture they want to apply that culture to every individual who looks like he is from that culture. That's "prejudice" in that you are "pre-judging" an individual. I have issues with various cultures which could be referred to as racist predispositions, and cultures will always clash with one another, but I don't immediately apply everything I believe to be true about German culture to a German guy I've never met before, because I don't know if he falls into all of those generalizations.

I don't know if that adds anything but there you go.

And on the topic of language, making a conscious choice to use a word that is widely understood to be racist is identifying yourself to everyone in earshot as a racist, and giving them an excuse to believe it. The pendulum swings both ways, and a lot of white folks tend to get upset at the fact that it's off limits for them to say anything about other races, while other races can seemingly say whatever they want to about the white folks. It isn't fair, but life isn't always fair, and it's no reason to lash out at people who may not partake in those kinds of below the belt blows.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is going to sound weird, and interpret as you will, but I've always felt it is fine for an individual to classify a culture, just not a person. You can make certain assumptions based on statistical data on various cultures, how they respond to certain things, what they like to do, what they like to eat, and you can be correct in all of those. You are also free to dislike various aspects of those cultures because they don't mesh with your system of beliefs. What you cannot do without an in-depth analysis is assess an individual's tastes, predispositions, and opinions. The problem people run into is once they have a bad taste in their mouth for a certain culture they want to apply that culture to every individual who looks like he is from that culture. That's "prejudice" in that you are "pre-judging" an individual. I have issues with various cultures which could be referred to as racist predispositions, and cultures will always clash with one another, but I don't immediately apply everything I believe to be true about German culture to a German guy I've never met before, because I don't know if he falls into all of those generalizations.

I don't know if that adds anything but there you go.

And on the topic of language, making a conscious choice to use a word that is widely understood to be racist is identifying yourself to everyone in earshot as a racist, and giving them an excuse to believe it. The pendulum swings both ways, and a lot of white folks tend to get upset at the fact that it's off limits for them to say anything about other races, while other races can seemingly say whatever they want to about the white folks. It isn't fair, but life isn't always fair, and it's no reason to lash out at people who may not partake in those kinds of below the belt blows.
I understand where you're coming from and I have no quarrel with your interpretation.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are humans not animals D:
It's a matter of degree. Your gf is a beast. We are not beasts. We're several levels above beasts.

/"BUT WE DO SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS/WERE SO STUPID"

The fact that we can even question what we do, look back and ponder about what was and what could have been only serves to reinforce my argument.

Oh, and you're demoted.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on how you look at it actually

The word "animal" comes from the Latin word animale, neuter of animalis, and is derived from anima, meaning vital breath or soul. In everyday colloquial usage, the word usually refers to non-human animals.
The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the Kingdom Animalia. Therefore, when the word "animal" is used in a biological context, humans are included.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It's a matter of degree. Your gf is a beast. We are not beasts. We're several levels above beasts.

/"BUT WE DO SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS/WERE SO STUPID"

The fact that we can even question what we do, look back and ponder about what was and what could have been only serves to reinforce my argument.

Oh, and you're demoted.
wtf you can't demote me :(

what am i demoted to :(

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on how you look at it actually

The word "animal" comes from the Latin word animale, neuter of animalis, and is derived from anima, meaning vital breath or soul. In everyday colloquial usage, the word usually refers to non-human animals.
The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the Kingdom Animalia. Therefore, when the word "animal" is used in a biological context, humans are included.
Good thing I'm using everyday colloquial usage. Animals, like hookers, don't have souls. Everyone knows that.

You're demoted to Imperial Whorestress, FP. You belong to Dogmanix now.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Good thing I'm using everyday colloquial usage. Animals, like hookers, don't have souls. Everyone knows that.

You're demoted to Imperial Whorestress, FP. You belong to Dogmanix now.
So in essence....nothing's changed. Awesome.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So in essence....nothing's changed. Awesome.
You were second only to Hybrid before. Now you're below Dogmanix. Dogmanix is who we send on suicide missions, hoping he dies a horrible death so that we may use said "tragedy" to incite our people and make them angry enough to want to wage war against our enemies.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
You were second only to Hybrid before. Now you're below Dogmanix. Dogmanix is who we send on suicide missions, hoping he dies a horrible death so that we may use said "tragedy" to incite our people and make them angry enough to want to wage war against our enemies.
Cool .

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I'm 16 here, and I'm quite sick of getting called a racist (I'm white FYI).

Now here's my outlook on things:
The word "******" can be used to define both a black, or white person.
The word "Cracker" is the "Black Person's" way of calling a white person a "******".
Most people see the word "Cracker" as a non racial word.
Most people see Black people as "innocent" in the world of racism.

Now, to me the word ****** means Ignorant Individual (and I usually will just call someone ignorant, not using the word much).

However what I want to understand is why do schools suspend for "Racism" when the word "******" is used, however "Cracker" is perfectly acceptable when aimed at an individual?

To another degree, the word ******, does in no way shape or form describe a Black person, though it can. It simply means ignorant individual (Of any race).

I've been called racist because of my dislike of "******s". Even after trying to explain my outlook on things, people still persist that it's racist. What is your view on this?

I have not once heard the word cracker used in that way.
The people that live in your slum are not "Most people", "Most people" refers to 'more than half of the people' you are not being very specific so I'm assuming you mean half the people in the world.

Half the people in the world do not even speak English.

(I only read the first post)

Last edited:
Best answers
im 18 and im white to me they call each other the n word so why can't we in my opinion if you truely take offense to something u don't want to be called it or hear it period not matter who its coming form what race they are im sry that slavery happend but theres nothing i can do about i didn't do it you can't blame white people today for it had no control of it thats my 2 cents in this wall of text

G
This thread proves.. You can't fight the white supremacy power structure with cheese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom