Racism! (A hot topic)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
topic starter, didn't read the majority of the other jargon.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I'm slightly racist, but I don't hate anyone or anything like that. Just certain things about other races make me a bit uncomfortable or annoyed. Not too bad. *shrugs*

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I'm slightly racist, but I don't hate anyone or anything like that. Just certain things about other races make me a bit uncomfortable or annoyed. Not too bad. *shrugs*
well, everyones racist too a point. bringing up this topic is racist in itself. hell, its racist to think about racism. your singling a group out, whether positive or negative. racism is a problem because people look at race, and that exists on both sides.

its racist that a white guy will get chosen over a black guy for some job for the sole reason that hes white. but its also racist that a black guy will be chosen to enter into a prestigious school to meet the black quota. or that true native americans are immediately bumped up the admissions list in most colleges because they are native americans.

racism isnt just white people looking down on blacks. one of the major problems is thats how we see it, and that in itself is racist. and bigoted.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Dark. Everyone's probably a little racist even if it isn't said aloud. I like to justify my being racist by the fact that I'm Jewish and we had the Holocaust. If you believe in the Torah (Old Testament), then we also had a slavery stint in Egypt. I guess that's really just making it seem okay in my head though. Racism is definitely not something positive in the big scheme of things. I'd rather think of Jewish people and Black people to be brothers in a fight against racism. If anyone here has seen the "Hebrew Hammer" they'll know what I'm talking about. Although even in real life a friend of my ex-girlfriend (who is Black) said that Jews and Blacks are like brothers, so yay for me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, everyones racist too a point. bringing up this topic is racist in itself. hell, its racist to think about racism. your singling a group out, whether positive or negative. racism is a problem because people look at race, and that exists on both sides.
Racism is not singling people out because of their race, necessarily. It's judging/treating someone differently solely based on race. If I said "there's a lot of black guys in that mall", that's not racist, it's just stating a fact. Now, if I were to say "That mall sucks because there's a lot of black guys", that would be racist.

But yes, prejudice is natural and vital to survival, and it happens to cross over with racism at times. If someone grew up in a place where the majority of the black guys were bad apples, you can't expect them to be 100% favorable to people that look/dress like them. But they can sure as hell stop themselves from acting on such prejudice.

If anyone here has seen the "Hebrew Hammer" they'll know what I'm talking about. Although even in real life a friend of my ex-girlfriend (who is Black) said that Jews and Blacks are like brothers, so yay for me.
Now see this has always confused me. I know where you are coming from, but a "Jew" is a person under the Jewish faith, meaning anyone can become a Jew, right? And if one is born in a Jewish family, can't the convert? Race and ethnicity, however, are permanent.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Slightly? I'm not sure about that Spunky... :devsmile:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now see this has always confused me. I know where you are coming from, but a "Jew" is a person under the Jewish faith, meaning anyone can become a Jew, right? And if one is born in a Jewish family, can't the convert? Race and ethnicity, however, are permanent.
Judaism is unique in the fact that it is both ethnicity and religion. Correct me if I'm wrong(lookin at you, Barney), Jews aren't supposed to try and convert others. That's not to say you can't join the Jewish faith, though. The interest has to be one hundred percent your own and you have to spend a year living in a Jewish community before you can convert.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Judaism once you're a Jew you're always a Jew. Now my dad did convert, but since the religion is passed down maternally I'm still 100% Jewish. There's also something in Judaism where we re-live experiences that happened to us in the past. We do this during Passover, we re-live getting freed from Egypt. We literally say if God didn't bring us out of Egypt, implying that us really is the person/persons saying it, even for converts the same thing goes.

I do see you point, although there have been many debates whether or not Judaism is solely a religion, but a "race" as well. I think ethnicity is a better word for Jews, I mean Hitler wanted to ethnically clean the Jews from the Earth, and he didn't care where the hell they came from.

To get back to your questions, like I said once a Jew always a Jew. You may not practice any of the customs, you may not participate during the holidays, etc. but you're still Jewish to other Jews no matter what religion your convert to, or even just claim you don't believe in God and denounce yourself from Judaism. I don't know the complete details of it, but even for converts once you're a Jew you're always one.

There is a concept of excommunication in Judaism, but once again I'm not expert on everything that has to do with being Jewish, so I don't really know the details. I know in the Torah there are parts where people were forced to leave the camp, although I can't recall any of those that were permanent, but there could very well be. Whether that means they're not Jewish anymore, though, I have no idea.

When it comes down to it though, Jews stick together when confronted with problems. We may not be a race per se, but we sure as hell act like it. And now that we actually have a country that we can call home (sort of :/), I believe we're closer to being a part of one nation more then ever. And when I see that I look on all the things that are going on in Africa and I really wish and hope the same for them. In a lot of places, Darfur being the biggest case nowadays, loads of people are dying for no reason, except the people doing the killing are doing it for ethnic reasons and it's disgusting. This is a whole other case then what's going on in America, but I think it can be paralleled to gangs and other issues within the Black community.

And I may be going a little offtopic with this, but it's the same thing between the Arab nations too. Not only do they want to wipe Israel off the map, but they're such a tribal people that they kill each other too. They may blame it all on Israel, but fighting between themselves gets nowhere. I mean if they really wanted to wipe the Jewish state off the planet you'd think they'd work together, but they don't. They have tried to work together in the past, and failed, but even if they did manage to wipe Israel off the map then what? They'd go right back to killing each other.

Man this world is ****ed.

Judaism is unique in the fact that it is both ethnicity and religion. Correct me if I'm wrong(lookin at you, Barney), Jews aren't supposed to try and convert others. That's not to say you can't join the Jewish faith, though. The interest has to be one hundred percent your own and you have to spend a year living in a Jewish community before you can convert.
Yea we don't convert other people. Some people convert for marriage, but they're doing it for the wrong reasons (that being marriage). If someone wants to convert to Judaism they have to want to actually be a Jew. And it's no cakewalk either. You don't have to live in a Jewish community, although it helps, but you do have to study intensively for about a year, and even then you have to go in front of a Beit Din (lit. house of judgment) before you can be accepted into the community.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as far as i'm concerned, a word itself, could never be racist. it's the implication behind its use, and usually the person using it, that make it racist.

Best answers
Of course it is, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Racism in any and every form needs to die. I think within the past 100 years or so, we've made great strides towards that end. Within the next few hundred years I'm hopeful that it'll be a thing of the past. Hell, just look at Obama, we're on the verge of having the first black president.
Racism will only die if kids stop following suit of what their parents say...

In other words, if your parents are racist, and if you're close to your parents beliefs, then you will most likely be a racist.

Sounds stupid, i know... its just my way of explaining it. And im sure you all completely disagree with me here, but I've seen it happen with everyone i know. Usually kids follow their parent's beliefs, or atleast take some form of influence off those beliefs. It's an observation i've made.

It's the same reason why religious extremists never seem to lose numbers. They're will always be people that follow suit.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My parents aren't racist, I think I am though.

Black people are wired differently, they excel at physical stuff, there more of the hunters us white people used to be too.
Also a white man looks different from a black man, not just in skin color but overall appearance.

Because it looks different and acts different people become racist.
Also having over 50% of blacks come in contact with police, doesn't help either.

and don't give me **** about "That's because they have fewer chances then us"
I didn't see them do **** in Africa, while we were building Rome.
I saw them hitting some drums when we went to the moon.

etc.

I know this will offend people but it's true, you can't expect me to feel a bit indifferent to people who only seem to leech of others. yes it's a stereotype, but it's something that does happen.

and tell me, am I being racist here for telling the truth?
or should we just close our eyes and look away because we might upset someone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slightly? I'm not sure about that Spunky... :devsmile:
Are you black? No? Then by calling you a ******, am I racist, or just making a joke? Some people think the word shouldn't be used at all, but who cares? It's meaningless when applied to a person not of African descent.

Best answers
You'd be racist too if you'd see how ****ed gypsies are over here.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Black people are wired differently, they excel at physical stuff, there more of the hunters us white people used to be too.
Also a white man looks different from a black man, not just in skin color but overall appearance.

Okay...

Also having over 50% of blacks come in contact with police, doesn't help either.

Could this have something to do with their socioeconomic status? It certainly does in the US. I can't believe you just called black PEOPLE "it".

You didn't see them do **** because you weren't born yet. First of all, Rome was jealous of Carthage's economic power. I'm sure you remember Carthage. Yeah, that's in North Africa. Rome and Carthage were neck to neck until the Punic Wars, and we all know how that ended. Rome didn't want another super power in the known world, and they did what they had to do remove Carthage as a threat. This is what tends to happen over and over again in Africa, with Rome being replaced by various nations.

Then, of course, we have the Egyptian Empire, and a myriad of other ancient African tribes and civilizations before Europe raped Africa for its resources. That's right, let's not forget about the exploitation of Africa for the benefit of Europe. There's a reason Africa is all kinds of ****ed up, and it certainly isn't because they're "different" or "banging on drums".

etc.

I know this will offend people but it's true, you can't expect me to feel a bit indifferent to people who only seem to leech of others. yes it's a stereotype, but it's something that does happen.

It's something that people of all races and creeds do when faced with financial hardship. Believe it or not but *gulp* whites game the system too! Oh no!

I'm sure the KKK believes they're just telling it like it is, too.
Ridiculous post.

I'm racist I hate myself

j/k I hate gypsies though
Still racist.

Last edited:

G
Wow. This is getting pretty heated, but perhaps I can put things in perspective with my 2 cents:

Nothing is ever inherently racist. Using the censored N word does not make you racist. It's the context in which you use these that determines whether you are racially descriminating against another person. White people I'm on friends terms with don't generally care if I use the term ******, whether in form of jest or just casual conversation. Some uninformed "soccer moms "and people who are brainwashed by said soccer moms however, believe that using the word makes you racist. No word can make you racist. That's completely illogical.
Because of this illogical thought, this classic example of double thinking, the world has become a taboo. And that's exactly what gives it power; If you fear the ****** word, you are giving it power.
Let's look at an example; Back in the 60s saying the big ol' F word in public would get you yelled at, back in the 40s you might've even been arrested. However, it slowly became normal culture. The first British celebrity to say **** on air caused a massive outrage, but today you can say it all you want.
That's because it became part of our ordinary language. People feared the word, and hated to see it used- But when everyone started to use it occaisonly, they all realised there is nothing to be feared. The fear was removed and now you can use the word all you want in every day life, with obvious exceptions (preschoolers and old peoples homes).

So as long as we look at the N word as something scary, as something that should never be uttered, racism is never going to go away. You know why? Being afraid of the N word is racist. That's textbook racial discrimination, because the reason you don't use it is because of how it corresponds to another race. If you don't say the N word because of it's ties to another race, you are consciously discriminating against them.

I'm not saying that every white kid to read this post should go around acting like they live in the Ghetto and calling their parents ******s, but loosen up a bit. Don't act like the word is a taboo, don't be afraid to use it in necessary context, and one day we'll find that no-one thinks twice about saying it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What would be the proper context to use ******? Why is not thinking twice about what you say a good thing? Should we trivialize the holocaust until the point where people are saying, "Oh ****, son. He just holocausted your ass like a jew in an oven. Fo'sho." Comparing **** to ****** is absolutely ludicrous. ****** was perfectly fine to say in the South for I don't know how many years, and it's still find to say in the South as long as there aren't any black people around. They don't think twice about saying it. Is that what we're aiming for?

Removing the power of a word, and not recognizing the origin of a word should be two very different things. We shouldn't have to forget where it came from in order for it to have no power. I'm all for people forgiving people, but I don't think it's ever really wise to forget.

Best answers

etc.

The Egyptians were building pyramids when we were still monkeys throwing **** at each other :p The Phoenician civilization (1550 BC to 300 BC) has an alphabet that is generally believed to be the ancestor of all modern alphabets. The Axumite Empire (current Ethiopia) emerged at around the same time as the Roman empire and was regarded as one of the 4 world powers at its time. The Morish (curren Algeria/Marocco) empire invaded Europe and held Spain for centuries. Nubians (current Egypt/Sudan) build a stonehenge like structure, only 1000 years before stonehenge was build. Do I need to go on?

Edit:
Oh. Seems Zeo beat me to it :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom