Race for Chernobyl

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After playing through S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, I decided to do a story based on it. I haven't written a story in a while, so I'm going to make this simple, and make the story into short journal entries.

Keep in mind that spoilers will be included.

-----------------------------

Entry 1:

There has been a lot going on in the Zone recently, more than what I'm used to. It would seem that a lone Stalker had managed to infiltrate the Yantar facility and shut down the source of the Psi Emissions.This alone has caused the many factions of the Zone to dig in around Yantar and fight for control over the facility. I guess this is the perfect opportunity to let the factions blow each other to pieces, allowing me to sneak in through the back and infiltrate the facility myself.

Entry 2:

Damn it... the perfect opportunity turned out to be the far from perfect. Some of the faction groups encamped here have been slaughtered by the local inhabitants, and the rest has been turned into mumbling zombies. These aren't your average horror movie type zombies, these are the kind that aren't dead, and still remember how to pull the trigger of an AKM 74/2. I was forced into the Yantar facility by a number of them, and now I'm stuck in here trying to find a way out.

If that lone Stalker managed to get out, then so can I...

Entry 3:

I barely made it out of the Yantar facility alive... I guess that lone Stalker forgot to cap a few creepy crawlies in here. All wasn't lost though as I was able to pick up a few artifacts. You know... I remember that there was a science team in this area before the lone Stalker came along... I wonder what happened to those eggheads. I wouldn't be surprised if that giant brain in the container was the remains of one.

Entry 4:

This lone Stalker is becoming a popular celebrity all over the Zone. It would seem that he is making his way towards the Monolith faction base, which is also the location of the Brain Scorcher. The Brain Scorcher is a device that can drive any person insane, causing illusions, headaches, severe brain damage, and zombification. If it was anyone else, I would say they were crazy, but this is the same person who shut down the Psi Emitter back in Yantar. If this guy manages to shut down the Brain Scorcher, then... the path to the Chernobyl nuclear power plant will be open...

If Yantar was bad enough to infiltrate with all the factions fighting for control over it, then infiltrating Chernobyl will be worse. I mean, the Chernobyl power plant is the heart of the Zone. It's been said that there are treasures beyond imagination found deep within the facility, including the wish granting Monolith. If that Stalker shuts down the Brain Scorcher, then all hell is going to break loose between the factions.

Entry 5:

This is it... That Stalker managed to shut down the Brain Scorcher... now the race for Chernobyl is on. Unfortunately, there is heavy resistance in the city of Pripyat by the Monolith faction. Luckily for me, I've been able to get around the heavy fire fights undetected, but I need to get moving as the other factions are pushing through the Monolith resistance.

Entry 6:

I... I made it... just... barely... What the hell... was going on out there? The sky... it looked as if something terrible was brewing, like a storm or something... Lighting was literally exploding across the sky! Lighting up everything... The earthquakes felt like the Chernobyl plant was about to go up in a mushroom cloud. Anomalies were spawning at random all over the area, one nearly ripped my body to pieces! All the clouds in the sky would at random look like a vertical wall of fire.

At least... I made it inside. Now... on to the Monolith.

Entry 7:

It looks like that Stalker managed to clear the path to the Monolith, once again, a perfect opportunity has appeared, I just hope this time it doesn't back fire in my face.

Entry 8:

I can't believe my sleep deprived eyes! It's actually real! The Monolith, the wish granter, it actually does exist! I had my doubts, but it seems like those stories of this thing were true. If only I could take a picture of this thing... it's truly a beautiful thing. I can feel it's power... It's power is speaking out to me... I want this power... I need this power... I need to make my wish... What can I wish for? I can be rich, immortal... so many things to chose from.

Entry 9:

What?! No! This can't be happening! The Monolith... it disappeared before I could make my wish! It must of been that Stalker! He must've done something! That bastard!!! I'll make him pay!

Entry 10:

This will be my final entry... I've been stuck inside the Chernobyl plant for a few days now... There doesn't seem to be any way of getting out. I'm running low on food, and my suits radiation resistance is losing it's effectiveness... It's strange, but it looks like the sky has cleared up completely... All I can see is blue sky through the small holes in the sarcophagus' roof... This is the first time that I've seen blue sky... and it will be my last...

-----------------------------

I haven't written a story in a while, so I apologize for any mistakes I made or if the story seemed lame.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, is that it? Damn that was a short story. It was alright though, not the best, and not the worst.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, is that it? Damn that was a short story. It was alright though, not the best, and not the worst.
I might revise it later on and make it longer. I haven't typed up a story in a while, so I figured that I start small until I can get back into typing longer stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom