R.I.P. Chris Benoit

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
news said:
FAYETTE COUNTY, Ga. -- Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their Fayette County home Monday.

Benoit is a World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler.

Officials said the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Benoit was found dead in his home, along with his wife and his son.

Benoit was 40 years old.

Watch Channel 2 Action News for updates on this developing story.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13567642/detail.html?rss=atl&psp=news

http://www.wwe.com/

-

Ok, so we lose Eddie... now Benoit... I can't take it anymore. The scary thing is his WHOLE family was found with him.

This is very tragic.

All I gotta say is... you want to know why wrestling is disrespected?

Little drama class punks like the Rock have been running the show, while actually talented guys (Eddie, Benoit, Mysterio Jr.) were sitting on the bench.

I understand they can't do it forvever... but, it's a shame we have to lose the true greats to realize what we had.

Again, may Benoit and his family rest in peace.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, I just heard this from one of my friends this morning. Here in Serbia, where wrestling is only done by arms, he called me at like 9 in the morning and went all:

"OMG DUDE! You're not gonna believe it!!"

"What the **** do you want so early?"

"Benoit died!!"

"Who?"

"Benoit!! That wrestler!!"

At that point I hung up. It sucks his family was killed too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the few with any actual skill.

Although honestly Dwayne does have skill...
Called Showmanship. In an sport like Wrestling, it's most definitely a workable skill. It helps.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry to say I don't know who he is, but for him and his entire family to be killed is terrible. How and why would someone get into a wrestler's home and murder all the inhabitants?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very likely a robbery gone horribly wrong, I'd think.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is one of the worst things we can hear about..

Best answers
Sorry to say I don't know who he is, but for him and his entire family to be killed is terrible. How and why would someone get into a wrestler's home and murder all the inhabitants?
Chris Benoit was arguably one of the best technical wrestlers to ever set foot in a WWE ring, and I dunno who could've possibly gotten into his home and killed everyone. I think its awful that someone could do that to someone else.. let alone a person like Chris Benoit.

I dont understand though... what on earth would posess someone to do that? Benoit didnt do any harm to anyone else, i dont know what he could've possibly done to piss off someone enough to kill him and his family.

R.I.P. Benoit....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry but i didnt see anything about them being murdered...just that they died in their home. that could be due to carbon monoxide poisoning or any other phenomenon

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry but i didnt see anything about them being murdered...just that they died in their home. that could be due to carbon monoxide poisoning or any other phenomenon
When I heard the news my gut told me carbon monoxide too, either way, it's sad news.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I heard the news my gut told me carbon monoxide too, either way, it's sad news.
That could be it. Odorless and deadly. If there aren't any bullet wounds or something like that I'd say someone discreetly unleashed a ****load of carbon monoxide inside their house, killing them. Guess we'll know soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, I didn't think of that. But hey, it isn't impossible that someone was trying to asassinate him. Ah well, you're probably right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a horrible accident. Speculating does no good. Lets be patient and find out the truth from the proper authorities.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, i hate to take so much of a "i dont care attitude" with it. it IS tragic that he and his family died, but no moreso than if anyone else died, the only difference is you have seen this man on tv.

my mother watched wrestling with me when i was a kid, and she remembered who he was, and we both came to the same conclusion. IF it had been a murder they wouldve said so, if they were simply "found" dead, without signs of a struggle (they wouldve said so) it HAS to be either poison whether it be gas or otherwise.

knowing what i do about professional wrestlers when they are off TV, (and this will really hurt you benoit fans) they arent always the most metally stable people,its not out of the question that it was a murder/suicide.

i bring this up because my childhood wrestling hero lex luger had a bit of a rough patch, he was always the good guy and almost always a fan favourite even so after he jumped over to wcw.

turns out he was on a ton of steroid type drugs, and eventually wound up accidentally KILLING his girlfriend Elizabeth, (yes the one who was always with macho man), so it was not only 1 wrestling legend destroyed, but 2.

forgive me if my childhood "hero" ruined my perspective on professional wrestler's personal lives XD

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a horrible accident. Speculating does no good. Lets be patient and find out the truth from the proper authorities.
I'll speculate all I want, you're not the boss of me!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll speculate all I want, you're not the boss of me!
I'm not the boss of you, but I'll tell you what to do anyway.

Now come on, be serious.

Mourn if you feel you need to, but celebrate the man's life. The entertainment and joy he's brought us. Embrace that, and remember it. Thats what really matters.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mourn if you feel you need to, but celebrate the man's life. The entertainment and joy he's brought us. Embrace that, and remember it. Thats what really matters.
What if he brought you no entertainment or joy? What if all he did was dance around in a ring with his underpants on the outside of his clothes?

As stated above, the only difference in this man is that I may seen him on TV, and never wanted to again.

Sorry if I'm harsh, but that's my view. Not only on his death, but on wrestling as well. It sucks that he's dead, but it isn't like I knew him or anything, so it's not like I could really miss him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What if he brought you no entertainment or joy? What if all he did was dance around in a ring with his underpants on the outside of his clothes?

As stated above, the only difference in this man is that I may seen him on TV, and never wanted to again.

Sorry if I'm harsh, but that's my view. Not only on his death, but on wrestling as well. It sucks that he's dead, but it isn't like I knew him or anything, so it's not like I could really miss him.
Then just respect his passing, those who he did touch, and move on.
You don't need to be pissy about other people liking him.(Not accusing you of doing so, I might add.)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't need to be pissy about other people liking him.(Not accusing you of doing so, I might add.)
I wasn't doing that, just so everyone knows. o_o

I just have a very strict opinion about wrestling. The only person I like to screw with by doing that is Walmart, and he gets all mad, it's funny. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom