Quitting Smoking

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's all about willpower man, simple as that. Now I myself don't really smoke, so I can't speak from personal experiance. But my dad smoked for about 30 years, then one day he just decided that he wasn't gonna smoke anymore. So he just stopped, no gradually getting off, no nothing, he just stopped smoking them. Meanwhile my mom has tried and failed more times than I can count. You just gotta overpower it, simple as that (of course, gradually getting off of it is probably easier than just quitting outright I guess, but hey, other people can do it, why can't you?).

Best answers
WTF man, 11 years old and your mom doesnt mind? Well, atleast you are quitting. I'd get rid of all of your cigarettes... ALL of them! and go from there. Do what Grega said and take up a hobby... like bike riding, thats a good one. You could rebuild your endurance level and get off the damn things at the same time.

And if things get really bad... I'll slap you in the face with my Penis. *WHAMMMM!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I smoked for a short while in high school, only for about 2 1/2 years though, not a heavy smoker by anyone's calculations,

BUT, this worked for me.

I woke up one morning and noticed I didnt have enough money to buy another pack, so I just said "**** it" and went on about my day.

its been several years and i havent even so much as touched a pack of cigarettes since,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish you the best of luck. Give up and Ill kill you!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
Get addicted to something greater,
Do you play world of warcrack?
It will make you forget about your cravings and addictions =O
Smoking will eventually be a cheaper habit than playing WoW lol

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt` said:
Smoking will eventually be a cheaper habit than playing WoW lol

Not if you buy over 15 dollars worth a month o.0 That and WoW won't kill you

Smoking is very hard to quit, i wouldn't know because i never touched a cigarette in my life, but my mother has tried on many occasions and failed.

I suggest draw or something when you're bored, or have nothing to do. If you're in school and you crave one, start drawing or something, then when you have time do something more productive, the less you think about cigs the less you crave them. You can do it man, i have faith =)

Good luck.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My Grandma chain smoked for over 50 years. She ended up in the hospital, the Doctors told her, if you keep smoking, you will die. She quit that day, and hasn't touched a ciggarette since.

I have no pity for someone who has smoked for a few years and is crying about how hard it is to quit.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I suggest draw or something when you're bored, or have nothing to do. If you're in school and you crave one, start drawing or something, then when you have time do something more productive, the less you think about cigs the less you crave them. You can do it man, i have faith =)
:/ I don't go to school. I've got a high school diploma and I'm going off to college this summer.

And I hate to draw.

Optimus Prime said:
My Grandma chain smoked for over 50 years. She ended up in the hospital, the Doctors told her, if you keep smoking, you will die. She quit that day, and hasn't touched a ciggarette since.

I have no pity for someone who has smoked for a few years and is crying about how hard it is to quit.
Uhm, I'm not crying about how hard it is to quit, I'm crying at the fact that I'm having chest pains as a result of smoking, which may mean that I could have lung cancer. If you still have no pity, then I can't find a big enough word to describe how big of an *Something that I can't say for fear of using up my last warning and being banned* you are.

Also, I've never tried to quit until now, so give me a break since this is my first try.

Best answers
Amnestometh said:
If you still have no pity, then I can't find a big enough word to describe how big of an *Something that I can't say for fear of using up my last warning and being banned* you are.
I hate to be rude but no pity will ever be given to a smoker, you've sealed your own fate by smoking that crap. Only bad comes out of smoking. It makes you stink so bad too. I cant even be within 15 feet of a smoker without choking. Quit while you still can.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could do a few things

1. put a jar or something and each day u dont smoke, put 2 bucks in that jar. by the end of the year you'll have $710. then u can send me the money to buy a new computer >_>
2. if you see a pack of cigarettes... walk away.. away from them
3. get someone to slap you everytime u have a craving
4. take up a sport or something

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Start sport and buy only one pack cigarrets... then smoke one and the rest just throw into the trash. at the end you wont smoke anymore.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amnestometh said:
Uhm, I'm not crying about how hard it is to quit, I'm crying at the fact that I'm having chest pains as a result of smoking, which may mean that I could have lung cancer. If you still have no pity, then I can't find a big enough word to describe how big of an *Something that I can't say for fear of using up my last warning and being banned* you are.
Do you feel sorry for criminals when they get caught and go to jail? Didn't think so. You chose to smoke, you chose to take a risk, when ciggarette packs are smeared with pictures of rotting gums, and blackened lungs. And yet you still want my pity?

Hey, all the power to you for quitting, you have a lot of my respect that you're trying to quit. But you want pity cause your chest hurts and it might be smoking related? You won't find any here, whether that makes me a big *insert implied flame* or not, you chose to smoke.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never smoked, and never plan on it, but here's something that worked for a buddy of mine.

1.) Get a giant jar
2.) Fill said jar half full of water
3.) Dump the rest of your cigarettes into it
4.) Close the jar, shake it up, and let it sit for a day or two

Now every time you get the urge to smoke a cigarette, open up the jar and take a whiff. Have another jar handy for... well, you'll see.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, thanks for the support. I will try to keep a few of these in mind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A friend told me a similar trick. All you gotta do is, one day, the day before you decide to quit, just smoke and breathe into a towel. Every puff just blow it into a towel right in front of your mouth. By the time you're done for the day, that spot on the towel is going to be black as night. Now every time you try to smoke, just look at that towel and imagine your lungs.

Smoking addiction has always kind of confused me. I mean, I have an addiction to biting my nails... and it's kind of hard to get out of the habit since they're right there on my hand, and a lot of the time I catch myself doing it completely unconciously. But smoking, you gotta go out, walk down to the store, grab a pack, buy it with your money, buy lighters, and then conciously decide "I'm gonna go smoke" and light the thing up. It seems like it wouldn't be that hard to just cut out step one and go for it.

But I guess that's what physical/mental addiction can do to ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom