Quick Quastion?

Ky

New Member
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
9
Best answers
0
Well im thinking on buying a Video Card and i thought i should just ask around.Ok here are the Cards GeForce 6600GT - GeForce 6800 - ATI X800 XL - ATI X850 Pro,so one of thise Cards but i don't know wich,so can any one help me.?
 

Ky

New Member
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
9
Best answers
0
ok thanx didn't know where to put it. :p
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
2,309
Best answers
0
I would get the GeForce 6800. I have a Geforce 6600, and it kicks major ass. I was wondering how a 6800 would work :eek:

So yeah, go for teh 6800!
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
1,626
Best answers
0
What is your price range? Do you want extreme graphics or simply want to be able to play the latest games?

Heres how the cards compare against each other, so you should be able to make some judgement of performace that isnt swayed by fanboys (they can be as bad as the PS3/Xbox 360 crowd). Out of your lineup, the 850 is the fastest, followed by the 6800, which is followed closely by the 800, and the 6600 brings up the rear with just over half the 3dmarks of the 850. If you have money to burn, get the 850 or 6800 (from that lineup only), whereas if you just want a simple upgrade that wont burn through your wallet as much, get one of the latter two cards.

Thats just from the ones on your list. If youve got money to burn, and lots of it, go for either for the new 7800 from Nvidia. You could also hold your breath and wait for the next card from ATI, the X1800, due sometime around the American Thanksgiving (whenever the hell that is). I cant tell you how these two compare to your lineup as they havent been benchmarked on Tom's yet (I think theyre waiting for the next generation of cards to be completely released).
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
frsrblch said:
What is your price range? Do you want extreme graphics or simply want to be able to play the latest games?

Heres how the cards compare against each other, so you should be able to make some judgement of performace that isnt swayed by fanboys (they can be as bad as the PS3/Xbox 360 crowd). Out of your lineup, the 850 is the fastest, followed by the 6800, which is followed closely by the 800, and the 6600 brings up the rear with just over half the 3dmarks of the 850. If you have money to burn, get the 850 or 6800 (from that lineup only), whereas if you just want a simple upgrade that wont burn through your wallet as much, get one of the latter two cards.

Thats just from the ones on your list. If youve got money to burn, and lots of it, go for either for the new 7800 from Nvidia. You could also hold your breath and wait for the next card from ATI, the X1800, due sometime around the American Thanksgiving (whenever the hell that is). I cant tell you how these two compare to your lineup as they havent been benchmarked on Tom's yet (I think theyre waiting for the next generation of cards to be completely released).
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1813.1/ - accordingly this is a fake article according to this link - http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?p=680744#post680744.

R520 apparently will use a 512bit memory bus, but ati won't be able to take advantage of it (hopefully though things could turn around when they get the R580 products shipping).

I would go for a mid range card at the moment if I were you.
For now I would get a 6600gt for the time being, as I can gurantee not to long of the track your'e going to want to get another gfx card for the sake of newer games we will see soon enough. 6800 cards are on there way out and are opposed by the new 7 series, and with prices fallnig more, it makes good sense to buy one (if your'e up to it) and wait for something better considering that the 6600gt is not overly pricey and good value for money, or you could always go for a X800GT (it may be a better choice considering the fact that it uses a 256bit memory bus, compared to a 128bit bus on a 6600gt). Of course though, ati and nvidia always have games that love and hate them.

If you can't decide between the two, this card is actually a pretty good card considering the price and how it can beat other x800gt cards (Gecube X800GTO - http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/control.php?cid=3&id=1711&src=3rd).
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2003
Messages
961
Best answers
0


this chart says 6600GT is the best on the list u given if it was me i would go for the GT but up to u cuz that is a pricey card
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
5,216
Best answers
0
bad santa said:
wow we got PC pro here, wtf esf is ***
I can only guess what that three letter word might be. The ESF team provide you with a free game and that's how you show your appreciation?

Warning for Spam :warning:
 
G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Nov 28, 2002
Messages
762
Best answers
0
Saiyan_Overlord said:
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1813.1/ - accordingly this is a fake article according to this link - http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?p=680744#post680744.

R520 apparently will use a 512bit memory bus, but ati won't be able to take advantage of it (hopefully though things could turn around when they get the R580 products shipping).

I would go for a mid range card at the moment if I were you.
For now I would get a 6600gt for the time being, as I can gurantee not to long of the track your'e going to want to get another gfx card for the sake of newer games we will see soon enough. 6800 cards are on there way out and are opposed by the new 7 series, and with prices fallnig more, it makes good sense to buy one (if your'e up to it) and wait for something better considering that the 6600gt is not overly pricey and good value for money, or you could always go for a X800GT (it may be a better choice considering the fact that it uses a 256bit memory bus, compared to a 128bit bus on a 6600gt). Of course though, ati and nvidia always have games that love and hate them.

If you can't decide between the two, this card is actually a pretty good card considering the price and how it can beat other x800gt cards (Gecube X800GTO - http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/control.php?cid=3&id=1711&src=3rd).

They wont use an 512 bit bus and also the first R520 aka X1800 have been released.

They are actually slower than(even XT) the Geforce 7800 GT.

Could be driver related, by anyway just wait as after the R520, the price will drop even more.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,929
Best answers
0
Devion said:
They wont use an 512 bit bus and also the first R520 aka X1800 have been released.

They are actually slower than(even XT) the Geforce 7800 GT.

Could be driver related, by anyway just wait as after the R520, the price will drop even more.
It's pretty certain that the benchmarks you're referring to aren't true, as even ATi has come out and said that Sander Sassen, the one who originally posted the 'X1800XT benchmark', was a fake.

What type of slot are you using atm? PCI-E or AGP? It can be slightly different as the PCI-E 6800 is somewhat slower than an AGP 6800. Out of your list, though, I'd go for an x850Pro. But, if you want my advice, a 6800GT would be very nice for the money.
 
G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Nov 28, 2002
Messages
762
Best answers
0
Smith| said:
It's pretty certain that the benchmarks you're referring to aren't true, as even ATi has come out and said that Sander Sassen, the one who originally posted the 'X1800XT benchmark', was a fake.

What type of slot are you using atm? PCI-E or AGP? It can be slightly different as the PCI-E 6800 is somewhat slower than an AGP 6800. Out of your list, though, I'd go for an x850Pro. But, if you want my advice, a 6800GT would be very nice for the money.
Nope, http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=2667&s=1
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,929
Best answers
0
Page isn't responding ;X... Even still, ATi has said that they haven't released any of their X1800XTs to any of their partners yet. The only card that anyone could possibly have at the moment would be the X1800XL.
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
60
Best answers
0
well i use Nvdia Gforce 6800 GT ultra and it kick ass and i mean it kick major ass its the best graphic card for playing any steam game especialy HL2, oh yeah the above post with the wtf esf is *** it wasent me my brother typed those sry about that, esf is a good game but i still would like to know the secret combo lol
 

Ky

New Member
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
9
Best answers
0
K thanks guys for all your opinion and i fergot to tell ya what kind of slot i'm using,its a AGP and i want a card that can pay all the Steam games but mostly Counter-Strike Souce and Half-Life 2.So i guess the Geforce 6600GT will do i think well i hope. :scared:
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,929
Best answers
0
Ky said:
K thanks guys for all your opinion and i fergot to tell ya what kind of slot i'm using,its a AGP and i want a card that can pay all the Steam games but mostly Counter-Strike Souce and Half-Life 2.So i guess the Geforce 6600GT will do i think well i hope. :scared:
A 6600gt will be fine for normal use, ;).
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top