Questions regarding soundtrack for ESF: Final

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've been wondering about this for quite a bit:

What scores will be implemented in ESF:Final? Will it just be Bruce Faulconer like in ESF 1.2.3 or are you guys adding in other scores as well, like DBZKai's music w/ Kenji Yamamoto or the original DBZ japanese soundtrack?

Also, is ESF: Final going to have music during gameplay or just in the menus like before in past versions? Is there going to be an option to include DBZ music during gameplay if you guys decide on only having music play in the menus? Some people prefer ambience over music, but I want that authentic DBZ feel with awesome, intense background music playing while fighting.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
To be honest , Bruce Faulconer's Sound tracks blow the others out of the water.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Most of the time it does, but sometimes the other scores sound a bit better around certain moments in DBZ.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as i know they were thinking of creating some new music for ESF:F. Remixes of popular dbz themes and more.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I definitely can't deny I would love a very varied and comprehensive list of music, but to be honest, I hate the Japanese music, on average. I'm not saying 'Bleeeeh, you shouldn't add it! It suuuuucks!' I'm just giving my humble opinion.

Best answers
I think the team is creating own music for the game also because of copyright reasons.
Also I think they asked bruce faulconer about using his music and that they can use (or only use) the ssj3 theme

Don't know if that's really true but I think I read that in a tread a long time ago.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Would be cool if there would be a music system that plays a music in certain event or moment (or maybe it would not be cool ?) D:

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would be very stop start I imagine

Micky G joined the team some time ago to do the music and then disappeared. Which is exactly the problem the team has with most people

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ah, okay, I think I got it now. Tell me if I'm wrong though:

The ESF team is worried about copyright issues, because they know that Funimation isn't a very happy camper when it comes to people using their works without permission.

The ESF team tries to find remixers and music artists to help them create original, but closely related songs from DBZ for ESF so the mod won't be at risk of being taken down by Funimation; but whenever the team finds someone to create a few songs for the mod, they either ditch the project or just disappear without a trace.

I hope sooner or later we'll find someone who cares enough to help create some ballin' songs for ESF...

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Quite frankly if there is music for ESF: Final, depending on what it is, I'm probably just going to end up switching it out for this myriad of DBZ game music I have. Final Bout, Ultimate Battle 22, Ultimate Tenkaichi, and the original Budokai games all have fantastic music.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest , Bruce Faulconer's Sound tracks blow the others out of the water.
A matter of opinion. I prefer the MP3s that come with ESF to anything Bruce did, and i switched out the main menu music for the one used in mechmod first chance i get after i install 1.2

And im someone who listens to a lot of trailer/movie soundtrack songs (like TSFH and the like), yet for some reason i cant really get in to the US DBZ music. Even with the series, i get a better vibe from the japanese stuff.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
inb4 Canadian Ocean Dub recycled Ruby Spears Megaman Cartoon/Monster Rancher music

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
A matter of opinion. I prefer the MP3s that come with ESF to anything Bruce did, and i switched out the main menu music for the one used in mechmod first chance i get after i install 1.2

And im someone who listens to a lot of trailer/movie soundtrack songs (like TSFH and the like), yet for some reason i cant really get in to the US DBZ music. Even with the series, i get a better vibe from the japanese stuff.
Oh I second that! The 9 or so MP3's that come with esf set the PERFECT vibe for DBZ, actually as far as Techno goes that stuff is just gold, each one seems to fit all too well to any battle situation.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Is it just me or do you guys prefer DBZ's music and character themes over DBZ kai's?
It was tough for me to watch Kai because of the soundtrack lol.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I liked both of the music and character themes equally. DBZ had a more intense, techno rock feel, & Kai had tons of orchestra, while still being intense. They're both completely different, but in the end they gave out the same result for me. Both soundtracks fit very well into the DBZ atmosphere, and that's what really matters for me.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Let's not forget the wonderful work provided by Shuki Levy for the American Ocean Dub, and the soundtrack by Nathan Johnson for the Remastered Funimation Saiyan/Namek sagas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom