Question...

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It says project manager under your name. Thats why your opinion carries more weight than someone who has to go to you to ask permission to make something public.
That is true, and still there are certainly other opinions. And no, they don't have to ask me personally for permission. Every team member releases information as they see it fit, and they ask around on the team if they feel like releasing something or not should be discussed.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
That is true, and still there are certainly other opinions. And no, they don't have to ask me personally for permission. Every team member releases information as they see it fit, and they ask around on the team if they feel like releasing something or not should be discussed.
Besides everything else in this thread..

The fact that there are some community members still loyal to the game , and the fact that these people take this community as seriously as they do should be a pretty good compliment to the team. Its not just any mod that, with such a long in-between-release phase has members who stick around.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i mean even small thing would count like actually having a potw every week. It shows that you care about the community a little bit (i know it's been said otherwise but anyway).
It's like... take 10 or 20 screenshots from the in-team one weekend, different maps, classes, attacks etc for variety. Bam. You have content to last you a few months. And all in a day or two with minimum effort.

Last edited:
Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
In my honest opinion, all of you have decent and valid points.
However I will add some of the things that I've noticed over the years of me being on this forum, granted I haven't been much active lately(or at all) due to sailing the seven seas.
It just seems that the community has died more or less, and when I log on and browse it's the same 50 members keeping the embers going.
What I have seen is more of the senior members of the forum becoming silent and new members moaning about no media. And to be clear; I'd love to see some footage(anything) but I fully trust the Development in their decisions.

The idea of releasing a "to do list" so to speak, for the public would indeed bring someone back to the community on a more daily basis(me included).
Seeing as it is my best interest to get ESF:F released(when it's ready) I agree with Zeonix, since he came up with some very good suggestions to reignite the forum and to help the game being completed.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah i mean even small thing would count like actually having a potw every week. It shows that you care about the community a little bit (i know it's been said otherwise but anyway).
It's like... take 10 or 20 screenshots from the in-team one weekend, different maps, classes, attacks etc for variety. Bam. You have content to last you a few months. And all in a day or two with minimum effort.
I like this idea. But most of the time, they just drag old POTW's to show..

Discord Member
Best answers
i dont see the point of promoting for a game and gaining interest for it until it is close to launch; that being said what you said about people losing interest is completely irrelevant mainly because there will be a new generation of gamers and a newer crowd ... and just like how ESF first started and gained players ... that is how ESF FINAL will gain ppl's interest as well. No point of getting it all hyped up and have thousands of ppl complainin of when its gonna b released. let the ppl who lose interest lose interest and when game is ready we'll still be able to get a solid player base

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i dont see the point of promoting for a game and gaining interest for it until it is close to launch; that being said what you said about people losing interest is completely irrelevant mainly because there will be a new generation of gamers and a newer crowd ... and just like how ESF first started and gained players ... that is how ESF FINAL will gain ppl's interest as well. No point of getting it all hyped up and have thousands of ppl complainin of when its gonna b released. let the ppl who lose interest lose interest and when game is ready we'll still be able to get a solid player base
You missed the point. With new people coming in, some of them are probably modelers, mappers etc. that could help finish the game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well here are my 2 cents. I lvoe this place, i love the people round here. Sure some people are asshones from time to time, but who isnt. Comming from a more laid back stance than most of the artists on the team i can do stuff for the giggles, but i do understand the artists. When we show something the artists who made that want people to see how they imagined it, not how it currently looks. The people responsible for the stuff in the screenshot/video want to show the people the best they have to offer and not some half finished project. Remember people are also using ESF as a refference for actual work, and showing bad pics in a CV is not really in ones interest ^^

Thats really the limiting factor. Heck a while ago i shot a few pictures for a bug report. And if you want to have a more "lol" style of POTW i can try and get one of those pics in.

As for ESF itself. I still go in to servers and play every now and then. And personally i still get the same high from the game i did back in the day. Thats the main reason i stuck round and wanted to help ESF to begin with. And while the new system isnt really good enough to show competitive gameplay (or to be frank i simply suck to much ^^) i do try to answer all the gameplay related questions i see as best i can.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
^ i would not mind that at all grega,

the lols from bf4 beta still are awesome :p
and after all, a game does not have to be perfect to have fun with it.
but yeah, i think most of that is true for the little bit older generation of ppl. (see all the rage for bf4)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I kinda like watching development and when it hits a bump and the game shits itself, because once it's complete you see all the obstacles they went through and it makes it a lot cooler.

Best answers
Comparing 2013 to 2012 there is a lot less content that was released but with the Mosh Pit opening up that more than sufficed for the lack of updates FOR ME. What I found out there has really calmed me down as far as being patient for Final. I know the team has been implementing a new weapon system and therefore didn't EXPECT many updates towards the later part of the year - the transition may have set them back a bit but now that it's in place I'm sure it'll streamline development this year. Especially where we have Black Star Members helping the team out.

Not gonna lie though I'm bummed that a New Years video wasn't released 8(

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would you be surprised if i told you we planned a video for the 9000 SVN update and it also didnt get released, because a certain game crashing bug popped up ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Would you be surprised if i told you we planned a video for the 9000 SVN update and it also didnt get released, because a certain game crashing bug popped up ^^
Does that mean the revision number is now OVERRR 9000!!!!!!!??!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well here are my 2 cents. I lvoe this place, i love the people round here. Sure some people are asshones from time to time, but who isnt. Comming from a more laid back stance than most of the artists on the team i can do stuff for the giggles, but i do understand the artists. When we show something the artists who made that want people to see how they imagined it, not how it currently looks. The people responsible for the stuff in the screenshot/video want to show the people the best they have to offer and not some half finished project. Remember people are also using ESF as a refference for actual work, and showing bad pics in a CV is not really in ones interest ^^

Thats really the limiting factor. Heck a while ago i shot a few pictures for a bug report. And if you want to have a more "lol" style of POTW i can try and get one of those pics in.

As for ESF itself. I still go in to servers and play every now and then. And personally i still get the same high from the game i did back in the day. Thats the main reason i stuck round and wanted to help ESF to begin with. And while the new system isnt really good enough to show competitive gameplay (or to be frank i simply suck to much ^^) i do try to answer all the gameplay related questions i see as best i can.
Why are you saying You love the people around here? I thought you don't give a shit about the community?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He does; the project manager, Raven, doesn't.

Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
wow, guys.....I just read every single post....i guess I'm still "active"(im not posting much but i read many things here) becuase I like the community very much, and the game itself ofc too.I come right to the pooint: It was said that it would interest and attract many people if we get a kind of list which shows what has to be done etc. (body of modell xyz is finished, head needs to be done etc. etc.). In my opinion this would be great. Example:
If I would be someone who searchs for an kind of game like this and found some trailers one youtube (of ESF:F) like the combo tutorial....then i would think that this game is awesome, and search for an kind of forum or webiste.I found the community+website and think...."awesome I'll register on the forums to be a part of community and have some fun,while I'm download the game and step into epicness after I installed it"
then I recognize that the newest version isn't realeased yet and think "mhm :/ But how long will it take?I saw some threads with the same question but also the same awnser "when it's done" well ok but WHAT has to be done, and WHAT IS already done?".

And thats the point. "I" know nothing about the process of the models,sprites,sounds and so on. "I" have to search for threads maybe open one or what ever. It could be much easier If there would be a kind of an list.
Also me would be interested in the process and so on.
It needn't get updated every week but maybe every month.

Thats my opinion and i guess it's from many other ppl that will join the commmunity and are already in the community too.

Ps: Don't get me wrong I love the ESF team and I respect them for the hard work, they do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom