Question to ESF coders

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I want run ESF 1.2.3 linux server (24/7) but STEAM not support linuxdlls/hl_i386.so. Can you make updated linuxdlls? It's possible?

(LoadLibrary failed on ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so: ./esf/linuxdlls /hl_i386.so:un
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so!
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./esf/linuxdl)

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not possible since (AFAIK) 1.2.3 Beta's source code is lost. If you want it badly, you're gonna have to experience the hard way of launching ESFDS on Linux, like I did.

I never thought you're Lithuanian.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmm.. last I checked, Linux servers do in fact still work with ESF 1.2.3. I remember that Raven used to run a Linux dedicated server for NNK and ESF, so I don't see why they wouldn't work with 1.2.3. Maybe you're just not setting it up properly?

Guys, who is Bob?
Apparently Painkiller and hleV? I've lost track so I don't even know anymore -.-

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Mmm.. last I checked, Linux servers do in fact still work with ESF 1.2.3. I remember that Raven used to run a Linux dedicated server for NNK and ESF, so I don't see why they wouldn't work with 1.2.3. Maybe you're just not setting it up properly?

Apparently Painkiller and hleV? I've lost track so I don't even know anymore -.-
Thanks Damaera, I hope Raven explain to me how to run ESF 1.2.3 linux server.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After a certain STEAM update linux servers were broke and windows servers were half broke but fixable with 1 file.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, apparently hleV found a workaround for the Linux problem. Check this post out and scroll down to step #9, It's over 9000!, and see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom