Question time!

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After the last POTW there has been a lot of excitement about destruction. There has also been a lot of questions.

So in an effort to answer these properly I'm going to get some of the best/most asked and do a mini-interview with Raven.

This will clear some things up and hopefully give a clear over view of the plan and goals of destruction.

So fire away guys, Post questions and then watch the news post for answers either late this week or early next (If all goes according to plan)

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Will it be difficult to create destructable objects? Is there going to be a specially made SDK for it?

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How big can the maps, REALLY BE? Like the absolute max, if they can be absolutely massive, will you be making a huge esf_city map?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How big can the maps, REALLY BE? Like the absolute max, if they can be absolutely massive, will you be making a huge esf_city map?
Limit to destruction questions this time around

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Alright I've actually got a few.

1: Do the broken pieces of the tower remain, or do they actually fade away like Grega said?
2: Will there be destructible cliffs and mountains?
3: Will they be destroyed by just general Ki Attacks, or can they be destroyed from being knocked into them aswell?
4: What kind of struggles did you encounter during the making of all of this?
5: Will there be options to turn the destructions on or off?
6: What kind of plans do you have for the future implementing these?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FPS difference between equally powerful NVIDIA & AMD GPUs.
Can the amount of rendered destruction chunks be set in personal settings?
What objects are planned to be destructible?
If the City map is still gonna be in, will the Mr. Satan statue finally be destructible?
Will Kanonball Z mode ever be implemented?
Release date plz.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1.) Will the destructible objects be able to impale players?
2.) Will you be considering an option on the dragon ball wish list to restore the land/objects (kind of like in DBZ when they want to repair what they have broke)
3.) If number 2 becomes an option can it give any benefits to wish it back? (IE. Like if you are good and wish it back you get a strength increase or something)
4.) If you destroy stuff while playing evil class could it possibly give you a temporary boost?

I realize my questions are probably far-fetched but just food for thought :)

Thanks Deverz!

EDIT: 5.) Any possible game mode where perhaps good/evil defends an object from destruction?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yah kanonball z mode would be friggin awesome.

Anyhow i got one,

- Is the destruction fully dynamic?
- Does the falling debri affect players? (Pretty much like bf3 where you just die)
- What is the limit of this destruction. This tower is pretty small compared to esf_city with dozens of buildings.
- 1 Tower is believable, but what if all towers get destroyed simultaniously? Does this affect fps as for now?

And i just can't imagine realtime physics tbh...
and if it is true, what's next?
Realtime water physics? :eek:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a question, but I think it's really cool that you're doing this. Props.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Even with some settings turned off, how will a game handle ~10 players blowing shit up and killing each other?

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How "sensitive" are breakable structures? Can you fly boost through them to destroy them?
Will Ki blast make tiny holes in them until the rest of the structure can't carry its own weight and collapse?
Will giant energy blasts like spirit bomb completely vaporize the structures?
How many breakable structures will it take to screw in a light bulb?
Wills beams just make giants holes at entry and exit positions?
Can you make the destruction like really REALLY good so I can love you guys even more?

Best answers
Can we destroy objects just with a mega-super-awesome transformation with lot of smoke and lightning etc...?

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Questions (sorry for bad english):

1. How many people can be connected in a map? (32 slots is the max in normal hl servers)
  2. In the server side of the game. The processor consuming is like a HL /CS ZOMBIE PLAGUE (with a lot of crappy plugins) or like a HL2/L4D server?
  3. There will be a Linux Server version of ESF:F in the release or after?
  4. The high ping in ESF:F it will make you difficult to play like ESF 1.2.3? (in other games with 170 of ping you can play "well")
  5. It will be possible to add Metamod and Amxmodx in ESF:F? (in ESF open beta don't work :p)

Note: (4) I know that a lot of people can be able to play very well with 170+ of Ping. But it's not for all.

Thanks.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I really like this, and I think that this is amazing. But now for the questions:

1) How much is going to be able to be destroyed?

2) Is this going to be like a glued together model? As in, it'll only break in certain areas?

3) Who came up with the idea of having destructible objects?

4) Is this going to delay production any further?

5) How badly is this going to harm our framerate?

6) How much does it take to destroy them? On a scale from cardboard to adamantium.

Thank you.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How many people can be connected in a map? (32 slots is the max in normal hl servers)
32. It's hardcoded into the engine.

It will be possible to add Metamod and Amxmodx in ESF:F? (in ESF open beta don't work :p)
Metamod-P works with ESF Open Beta.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) Can we swoop/drag people through destructable objects?
2.) Can we slam people into/or through parts of the destructable object? (people being punched through rocks/houses with the object either shattered if impact is high or punctured/malformed if small)
3.) Are multiple levels of impact going to be in?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Questions (sorry for bad english):

1. How many people can be connected in a map? (32 slots is the max in normal hl servers)
  2. In the server side of the game. The processor consuming is like a HL /CS ZOMBIE PLAGUE (with a lot of crappy plugins) or like a HL2/L4D server?
  3. There will be a Linux Server version of ESF:F in the release or after?
  4. The high ping in ESF:F it will make you difficult to play like ESF 1.2.3? (in other games with 170 of ping you can play "well")
  5. It will be possible to add Metamod and Amxmodx in ESF:F? (in ESF open beta don't work :p)

Note: (4) I know that a lot of people can be able to play very well with 170+ of Ping. But it's not for all.

Thanks.
Destruction related questions only this time soory

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have a question.
1) Is there going to be any broken shattered glass?

2) Is there going to be cracks lines when been thrown to a wall? I have seen the pictures of it at moddb at the previous page.

3) Would you ever lose any lock on's while been fatigue or been thrown/knocked down to the ground or anything side ways like walls?

I am sorry if my questions are not understandable. But please read carefully.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Do the pieces always fall in the same area or do they FLY with physics and possibly hit players?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom