Question then suggestion

Super Saiyan Yamcha
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Question: I tried to look for playable characters list but to no avail, I know the roster strictly follows canon so will the early Saiyans be playable (Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta)?

When answered i Will post suggestion :yes:

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
AFAIK, Raditz and Nappa were never on the table. They frankly just aren't unique enough in terms of game design.

I faintly recall a discussion on Vegeta w/scouter where it was decided to be redundant. Heck, at the time I don't think a Vegeta model for Final wasn't even started yet.

Gameplay mechanics take priority over fan-filler aesthetics. ESF was always about the rush of gameplay and a balanced class system, not simulating the DBZ universe to every detail.

On this point though I will concede the trio could make for an interesting buddy system. But realise that the overall key design (that is well documented and has been vigorously debated over a LONG time) is still a massive workload that still being etched away at. The team will worry about first things first.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
AFAIK, Raditz and Nappa were never on the table. They frankly just aren't unique enough in terms of game design.

I faintly recall a discussion on Vegeta w/scouter where it was decided to be redundant. Heck, at the time I don't think a Vegeta model for Final wasn't even started yet.

Gameplay mechanics take priority over fan-filler aesthetics. ESF was always about the rush of gameplay and a balanced class system, not simulating the DBZ universe to every detail.

On this point though I will concede the trio could make for an interesting buddy system. But realise that the overall key design (that is well documented and has been vigorously debated over a LONG time) is still a massive workload that still being etched away at. The team will worry about first things first.
Fair enough, Also

What is everyone's thoughts on packs like after they have finished the mod? As in, Movie special pack one (Turles, Cooler, Broly)
I know they said canon only but that would be interesting.

Best answers
That sounds good, but Esf team wanted that the next release to be the last. I dont think that they will agree

I am no more
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Fair enough, Also

What is everyone's thoughts on packs like after they have finished the mod? As in, Movie special pack one (Turles, Cooler, Broly)
I know they said canon only but that would be interesting.
That could be accomplished if volunteer modders, modelers and texture artists would make those. And i'm not sure how good mod support is for the ESF:F.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds great in theory. A fun community project after release perhaps.

I used to have little qualms modelling, animating (even melee sequences), making my own sprites and producing sound packs for 1.2. But for Final, frankly the model detail, amount of animations, assorted FX assets, and other miscellanea make me groan loudly at the sheer workload, and I personally wouldn't bother customising it near as much any more. The team has set a great standard for their assets. But at the same time there is alternate stuff we will want to play around with at some point, and people will.

I'm still curious how the team intends to facilitate such custom/alternate content in detail. I think it would be nice to have maybe 3 'blank character slots' - with the necessary assets in place, you could add in a character, and configure them to the appropriate class.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually there is a plan to have the option for alternate skins. For example Under Frieza you install a Cooler skin and you esentially play as Cooler using the Freiza class while not overwriting the frieza character.

Not sure if that idea is still fully supported though, since there wasnt much work on the CSS lately.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking that! Like saiyan armor vegeta as a second skin for the normal vegeta
ASi said. That was something we were initially planningand was even working in some of the open betas. But do remember that the custom skin will have the same attacks and transformations as the original. If it lacks a transformation to the original, then the original will be loaded for that form.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The roster is the same exact roster that was in the Open Beta, with Android 16 being the only new character.

As for new characters such as Brolly, I doubt it. Custom models might work, but I'm under the assumption that it will be a lot harder to implement. I still think that if people end up creating a lot of custom models (like what people were doing ~10 years ago), then the team should release the bip files for the animations to help put them ingame easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom