Question: How do I render wireframes like U?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I've been trying to figure out how to render out a model's wireframe the way you guys do. I know you can hit wire in the material editor. And I know you can force-wireframe in render options. But the wireframe is always without the mesh, and is always the color/material of the mesh.

I'm rather tired of screen-capping my wireframes and then putting them in Photoshop. Plus, it's easier to see the wireframe when rendered. So could I get a little help there?

Thnx in advance!

Best answers
I think the easiest way is to render a pic with the mesh, then render the exact same pic with forced wireframe, then just overlay in Photoshop.. That's how I always did it oO

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude, dupe your model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Bolteh: XD, thats too much effort for lazy ppl
meh i just align all my views and press printscreen, go to paint, save.

But if you really want to.
select your mesh, click the move tool, press shift (keep it down) and just click your mesh. A window should pop-up giving you a few options, click "copy" and click ok. Now go to the modifier panel, add a "Push" modifier, set the push value to 0,01 or something. Prepare a wireframe material and just drag-drop it on your clone model (the one you pushed). now just render..

Yesh.. lots of non-sense huh?
prntscrn+paint = winnar :yes:

Best answers
use the technic shadeh posted, tbh i dont belive you use 3Dsmax for 2 years...

Best answers
Bolteh said:
I think the easiest way is to render a pic with the mesh, then render the exact same pic with forced wireframe, then just overlay in Photoshop.. That's how I always did it oO
omg ?

ehm i only have to click one button to render wireframe... lol ok 2 buttons.

Best answers
Hey U got finaltoon right ?? In edeges menu in 'user defined visible eges' turn on Visble UDVs... And then when you will do render it will be with wires ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ShadyD: Thnx, that's a trick I was thinking of, but I thought there might be an easier, more effective way. I thought it might not be good considering push was changing the position of the mesh. But I guess if that's what U guys do.

@Nataku: I'm always learning new stuff. I started doing 3D with GMax and continued as so for six months before acquiring Max. While I had GMax, I learned how to use Max by reading the 3DS Max 6 Bible from my library almost cover-to-cover. Like I said to Shady, I was thinking along those lines, but I'd rather go for the most efficient methods possible, and I know people have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. That's why I asked.

@Ravven: Yes, that would work, but it would also include the visible outlines edges and would throw people off...wait, oh yeah! I can turn visible edges off :D . Almost forgot that. Yeah, that works!

Best answers
@ J-Dude:

Asking questions is a good way to improve.Tho please keep in mind that
asking too many questions gets anoying eventually.

First u made like 20 posts asking about polyflow.While if you just sat down
for 2 hours and did some actuall work in 3dsmax.. you wouldve figured it out yourself.. and you could have moved on.

I am not flaming you(like you thought last time i was giving you advise)
I just foresee in the near future that you will again make a new thread(
or bash someone else's) about some silly little problem u have,.

If you read the 3dsmax bible.. then u should know enough.Dont be so incicure and just practise practise practise..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...I can't get better at something I don't understand :D

It was the concept of polyflow that stumped me. No amount of fooling around would have made me understand the concept properly. Only a definition would have helped me. I'm fairly certain I've got it now :)

Best answers
When i made my first model.. I didn't understand the concept of polyflow either.. tho as i progressed I noticed someplaces did not look right... due
to the polys not flowing.. so i adjusted it.. and bam... without asking.. sometimes it just takes allitle more effort.

Best answers
-> sven-da-man

When i made my first model.. I didn't understand the concept of polyflow either.. tho as i progressed I noticed someplaces did not look right... due
to the polys not flowing.. so i adjusted it.. and bam... without asking.. sometimes it just takes allitle more effort.
ditto ;)

Yeah I had also to figure this myself ;) I will admit tho that gir's tutorial was the one which helped me a lot ;) The polyflow is not something you can learn... It's your way of modeling and with time it gets naturaly better... You just have to keep on trying and you'll find u're uniqe style and... polyflow;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually take screencap ._.

lol for me it took like more then years to figure out the **** of polyflow and still i suck at it sometimes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol i actually jumped into polyflow before i even knew what style of modeling i should stick to.. i still didnt master it tho ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom