Question for you iPod users

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My sister is asking for an iPod. However, she thinks she's able to use it to take music she has on her computer already (not on CDs. Downloaded MP3s and such) and import them into the iPod. I never used an iPod before and all the research I have is you can import music from CDs to it. I wanna know before I get one for her as she doesn't know much about it either except it can load songs into it and play them like an MP3 player.

Simplified question: Can you import downloaded music from your computer to an iPod?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, you can. Ipods come with the program itunes (It comes on a cd, but it can also be downloaded free from the interent). Itunes basically can play music, can download music (for a price) and can transfer songs from your computer onto your ipod.

Transfering music from your computer to an ipod is pretty easy, I believe the manual explains how to do it (but meh, you can probably figure it out on your own if need be).

It's also probably worth mentioning that the music doesn't have to be obtained legally.

Best answers
... You just can't get it illegally from ITunes, and you shouldn't be telling people how you're getting things illegally, especially not on this forum, cuz the mods get moody :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey. don't look at me about illegal stuff. I just know she has songs on her computer that she wants to transfer.

But anyway...question answered. thanks.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
... You just can't get it illegally from ITunes, and you shouldn't be telling people how you're getting things illegally, especially not on this forum, cuz the mods get moody :(
No one cares unless you tell them where to obtain illegal or pirated material.

Pretty much everyone I know who has an iPod doesn't pay for the iTunes thing. So yeah.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can also create an iPod-music folder. And every-time you add music to that folder, and plug your iPod into your computer, all the music in that folder automatically goes onto your iPod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know from experience that the ipod can be treated like an outer drive. In fact, someone in my guild installed World of Warcraft to their ipod in order to play it from work...so it is plenty possible to just move music onto it, I wager.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can pretty much get anything onto an ipod if you do it right. And do NOT use the automatic option, since if you remove anything from your library, it removes it from the IPod. Basically, though, you can use alot of formats (CD, MP3, WMV, other stuff, though it might get converted) and put it on using ITunes. All you honestly need is the IPod and a Firewire/USB transfer cable/charger. Really easy. And the ITunes cd ripping option's pretty good.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the only thing she would need to do is have iTunes scan her hardrive and import the sogns she wanted into her iPod or have iPod import all of the songs for her. iTunes let's her make her own playlists too and if it is one of those 20 GB ones, she could store other files on their as well. Since she is your little sister, I would recommend an iPod mini, because I personally think the full one will break to eaasily, the nano is too thin, and the shuffle lacks the lcd screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom