Question for HL2 Owners

Best answers
I bought the game, and ive been hearing about Half Life Source. The first HL running on the source engine. But when i double click it, it wont let me play it. Its still in the "Just Released" menu in the steam "Play Games" window.

Please tell me how to get HL Source to run.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, did you buy the collectors, or the regular? If you bought the regular, you don't get hl source.

Best answers
Or did you buy the bronze HL2 package off of steam instead of the silver?

Best answers
Then you cant play HL: Source. But dont worry, you didnt miss out on anything. Its the same game with slightly better lighting and the HL2 water. Wait until Black Mese: Source comes out, that will be impressive.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to buy it unless you get the right HL2 :p

Whats Black Mesa: Source?

Best answers
Deverz said:
You have to buy it unless you get the right HL2 :p
But I did buy HL2 ;/
Deverz said:
Whats Black Mesa: Source?
Yes, what is Whats Black Mesa: Source? A mod or a whole new HL game? And will I be able to access it? With the HL2 I bought.

Best answers
I wouldn't be surprised if they got a cease and decist order. Half Life and Half Life Source are still potential sales, and so I don't think Valve are going to appreciate this team ditributing a mod for free that is better than the games for sale. I hope I'm wrong though, it would be cool to see them pull it off, although I get the feeling they don't know how much work they're in for with a project like that. I'd be just as happy with a model and texture pack for HL Source myself.

Best answers
I think theyre a team of 9 or 19, cant remember exactly. They actually fused with other HL-makeover teams. Theyre very dedicated, and I actually remember hearing somewhere that Valve has their support and are actually helping (Again, I think).

They know they have a huge workload, and they already warned everybody not to get their hopes up for a release for atleast a year.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what? HL again on the HL2 engine - didn't see that coming. It isn't very original no matter how well made the maps and models are. I don't think if it is released that it will last long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom