Question: Can we do think in ESF Final?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oops i wrote it wrong in the title...
Two questions: Can we do this in ESF Final?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-t6myJ8b4w

Look at 2:32-2:40 when he punch goku and then teleport the same place and then punch him again without moving by clicking the simple melee or something... can we do that?
Also can we do that at: 1:56 when he punch goku and then all the water goes up and we can see the ground...
can we do that too and see the water goes up and the ground?

Also another question: will there be badass destructible environment? (something like on moddb that you posted before...)
Thanks for help

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1) Yes you can do that even in 1.2.3
2) No
3)

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 is not possible. I don't even think modern games can do that

3 was always a maybe it might go in and it might not

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1 is possible in 1.2.3 you just have to be good enough to pull it off.

2 is not possible

3 depends. What was shown on moddb was Ravens school project using ESF. If it actually gets in to the game or not depends on the "if there is enough spare time left after the bug fixing" All in all its not a priority at all.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1 is possible in 1.2.3 you just have to be good enough to pull it off.

2 is not possible

3 depends. What was shown on moddb was Ravens school project using ESF. If it actually gets in to the game or not depends on the "if there is enough spare time left after the bug fixing" All in all its not a priority at all.
Ok thanks for all the answers btw i hope you will get destructible environment in the game this will make the game much "cooler" and will be badass !!!

Best answers
Wait, destructible environment actually became a thing?

I thought it was way too taxing hardware-wise?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Kudos GODSAYAINBLADE for putting up my personal favorite moment of Dragon Ball Z!

Now hold up. You can hit someone without sending them flying away? HOW DA HFIL???

To be able to do what cooler did would imply that you can be standing still and hit a swooping player without swooping yourself? I don't think you can do that in 1.2.3. Swooping wins 120% of the time.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, destructible environment actually became a thing?

I thought it was way too taxing hardware-wise?
With destructible environment i mean certain objects within the maps. Not the entire map.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
With destructible environment i mean certain objects within the maps. Not the entire map.
Such as small buildings, rocks and perhaps trees and vehicles, props.

I think it would be awesome to make destructible walls and floors that lead to secret areas like in the z-sword map. Those were awesome.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Such as small buildings, rocks and perhaps trees and vehicles, props.

I think it would be awesome to make destructible walls and floors that lead to secret areas like in the z-sword map. Those were awesome.
That would be awesome. That would also be a lot of development time for something that may lag the entire map (considering there will be many players on it blasting and smashing crap everywhere) Now so far I'm guessing the know what they're doing. But if it were up to me I'd set the destructible environment aside, either completely or leave it as something after the release of the game. Because in my case at least, Ill be happy enough to smash Goku into walls without having them break.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
The whole teleport thing is easily done in ECX , its called telesense.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The whole teleport thing is easily done in ECX , its called telesense.
It was an abusive idea >.< Spam the teleport button for free hits. Good DBZish and flashy on paper, really bad for competitive gameplay.

Not gonna happen in ESF. Besides you can pull it off in regular 1.2, IF you are good enough.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
2 is not possible. I don't even think modern games can do that

3 was always a maybe it might go in and it might not
It is possible to do it.
But there is no developer i think that wants to put the time nor cost into
making a pc only game that uses the full extent of let's say an i7 and gtx980.

the resources are there,
the technology is there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o0Nuq71gI4

26 seconds in the clip you'll see the bowl.
I believe that that technology is the key to it.

man i really love those effects -.-"
can't wait to see it actually being used ingame.

But as you know, won't happen if consoles stay stuck in the past.

Last edited:
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
So just have to say that..no need for physX or anything like that. For Craters a heightmap based terrain is sufficient. For Fully destructible terrain whitout collapsing physics heightmap based with some form of underlying voxel represenation with isosurface extraction can be used. But when you want to have physics like destroying the base of a cliff or hangover and want the dissconnected part to fall down and everything then it get's complicated. It's doable for singleplayer games wich focus on dynamic environemt. Multiplayer with fast gameplay and such a lag sensitive...not so much.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i think bf4 uses physics for that.
probably client side but they managed.

and the physics that raven showed us were amazing lol.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
BF4 uses heightfield terrain with Buildings etc as objects ^^ and from what i saw ingame, objects like buildings got predefined destructible areas wich is pretty simple to do. But modifying a complete map mesh in a way where you have big craters,not just 2-4ft deep, is a complete different task. On a heightfield terrain, you just add some form of decal wich modifies the heightfield. But with that you can only do craters on horizontal planes. When you want to have craters and holes on walls of rock,earth whatever (still speaking of terrain) well heightmap modification won't do it you have modifie the mesh itself, means break it up, deform it, upload modded parts to the GPU again. And that needs to be synced over network and needs to be fast so you don't create lags

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom