Question about Trunks's Basic Melee animations in 1.3

New Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
838
Best answers
0
Well if you remember in 1.2, all of Trunk's basic melee attacks are with fists, and none are with his sword, you have to do advanced melee if you want to ue his sword. Now my question is, in 1.3, will any of Trunk's basic melee hits involve him using his sword instead of his fists? I already know his straight basic melee hit involves a punch because of the FX Script movie and because of this screen shot:

So that eliminates one basic melee hit. The reason why I'm asking this is because so much people loved using Trunks in 1.1 because of his sword animations. I think there are even more people who loved the sword animations than the backflip animations. Even if only one basic melee animation is with his sword, then I'm happy with that. I'm just asking to no make them all punches like in 1.2, and if your only going to make one basic melee animation with his sword, you could just make it the down because of the slash he did on Frieza, it was pointing down, so that would make it even easier for you guys to make a downward basic melee animation for Trunks. I mean, my brother doesn't even play 1.2 anymore because you have to do advanced melee just to use his sword, and he hates advanced melee. Anyway, I'm just wondering, is Trunks going to have any basic melee sword animations in 1.3?
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
I'd say he'd be using his sword in prepunch for 1.3. If you look in the esf folder there's a seperate sound for trunks and prepunch (instead of punching noise it's trunks sword pre-slicing, however it's jsut left in the folder & isn't used by the game at all at this point).
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
838
Best answers
0
I'm not talking about pre-punch, I'm talking about basic melee hits. But about the slashing pre-punch, I suggested that idea a LONG time ago, like when I first got here. I'll go suggest it again tomorrow ^_^. I hope they will like it this time.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
/me kicks self.

I guess it would be cool if trunks did have his sword animations like he did in 1.1, but remeber there were also some bugs with that. you would see trunks holding his sword while he was doing a burning attck or a finishing buster. Maybe It could be done & done properly if it does get done, as it looked werid to see trunks holding his sword when ever he charged a beam or projectile.
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
838
Best answers
0
Oh, never realized there was a bug with it. I need to play 1.1 again x_x. I'm just hoping DarktoothDKD will take a look at this thread, considering he is the animator. He will probably be able to give us the answer to this question.
 
Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
1,423
Best answers
0
oh.. Im gonna rewrite the adv melee. I got some interesting Ideas for you guys to mess with :D
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
838
Best answers
0
But can you answer my question Darktooth? Will Trunks have any basic melee sword animations? Not advanced melee animations, basic melee animations.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
1,547
Best answers
0
I remember the bug in 1.1, that always cracked me up, oh and I also hope that it wil be like that(sword basic melee), but swords are supposed to be instant kills, so why not make it, if that basic melee will kill the guy, then he takes out his sword, even though that rarely happen, usually dies from ki blob or beam, etc.
 
Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 24, 2001
Messages
1,981
Best answers
0
Mccdbz5 said:
But can you answer my question Darktooth? Will Trunks have any basic melee sword animations? Not advanced melee animations, basic melee animations.
Please read Darktooth's post again, and evaluate it.
DT said that he's going to be working on a new adv melee concept - new ideas for the 1.3 melee system. What can you infer from this? Perhaps that the 1.3 system isn't set in stone? Perhaps we're still working on it? Maybe a team member didn't reply to the post because we do not know if Trunks will have sword animations for basic melee?
Small enhancements like that come after the main system is developed, not before.
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
92
Best answers
0
Sword or no sword you've gotta admit though, thats a pretty sexy looking animation.
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
donnierisk said:
I remember the bug in 1.1, that always cracked me up, oh and I also hope that it wil be like that(sword basic melee), but swords are supposed to be instant kills, so why not make it, if that basic melee will kill the guy, then he takes out his sword, even though that rarely happen, usually dies from ki blob or beam, etc.
Shows how mutch you guys read the bug reports back in 1.1 ^^

Thatone was simple. You disabled high quality models and it worked fine ;)

In any case lets just see what happens and then start a war if we dont like it mkay :p
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
Grega said:
Shows how mutch you guys read the bug reports back in 1.1 ^^

Thatone was simple. You disabled high quality models and it worked fine ;)

In any case lets just see what happens and then start a war if we dont like it mkay :p
x3 So that's how you fixed that? I never knew! Thanks man.
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
838
Best answers
0
Pcjoe said:
Please read Darktooth's post again, and evaluate it.
DT said that he's going to be working on a new adv melee concept - new ideas for the 1.3 melee system. What can you infer from this? Perhaps that the 1.3 system isn't set in stone? Perhaps we're still working on it? Maybe a team member didn't reply to the post because we do not know if Trunks will have sword animations for basic melee?
Small enhancements like that come after the main system is developed, not before.
I still don't see what your trying to tell me...I'm being slow today so...Yeah...But I wasn't asking if you had Trunks have his sword in basic melee implented already, I'm asking, are you guys planning on putting sword animations into his basic melee? Or are you not? I'm really hoping you guys decide to put sword animations into Trunk's basic melee, that's all, I really didn't mind knowing that he was going to re-write the advanced melee. I just want to know if you guys are planning on putting in sword animations in for his basic melee.
 
Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 24, 2001
Messages
1,981
Best answers
0
Mccdbz5 said:
I still don't see what your trying to tell me...I'm being slow today so...Yeah...But I wasn't asking if you had Trunks have his sword in basic melee implented already, I'm asking, are you guys planning on putting sword animations into his basic melee? Or are you not? I'm really hoping you guys decide to put sword animations into Trunks's basic melee, that's all, I really didn't mind knowing that he was going to re-write the advanced melee. I just want to know if you guys are planning on putting in sword animations in for his basic melee.
.....
We - are - still - planning - ESF - Beta - 1.3 - Melee.
We Do NOT Know!
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
838
Best answers
0
Ok...........Jeez.........You don't have to get mad at me, as I said before...Slow today....Well then, I guess someone can move this thread to the suggestions section then? Cause it's basically a suggestion to put his sword animations in 1.3 for his basic melee.
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
PcJoe, do you know if you're going to add Trunk's sword to basic melee? <_< >_>

I think having his sword just for his combos in advanced melee makes sense. All melee hits are the same, so when would he pull out his sword?
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
838
Best answers
0
So basically, you think he shouldn't have his sword animations like in 1.1 for his basic melee? I just asked this basically because most people loved being Trunks for that reason, it was cool to have him pull out his sword to attack someone, than just do what everyone else does. It also makes his attacks more unique from everyone elses, plus it's very cool. It's just like the backflip animations, everyone liked it :D.
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
Yeah, thats basically what I'm saying. I did love the sound the sword made after it hit someone though.

I liked the backflip animation, I don't care about the sword. You doesn't mean everyone, Mcc.
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
838
Best answers
0
What I mean by "everyone" is the majority of the people who have used it. Plus, why would you rather him do a punch like everyone else, than do something unique, something making him more diverse from the rest of the characters, like using his sword. Like, Goku's teleporting with beams, that's a good example. It makes it so you can have even more "uniqueness" in 1.3. Plus, do you ever even use Trunks? I've never seen you use him once...
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
Like I said, I don't care about Trunks having a sword or not. It doesn't affect gameplay, so it doesn't affect me. I'd rather the team spend time on something important.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top