Question about Raiden from MGS

Which would u rather have for trunks transes?

• Power up idea to increase his muscles to a Ussj 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ussj 2 as a transformation

• Both the ussj 2 trans and the power up idea

• neither of them

• Total voters
Best answers
Okay, I've only played Metal Gear Solid 2, so forgive me if I say something stupid and otherwise sound like an idiot.

But, correct me if I'm wrong...Raiden was the rookie guy that worked alongside of you? About 90 percent through the game you get someones swords with him right?

In MGS4 that's coming out for PS3, he's some sort of super ninja?

How the hell did that happen?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We don't know. I played MGS 2 from beginning to end, and Raiden never gets as cool as he is in the MGS4 trailer, so I'm guessing he undergoes a similar process as the cyborg ninja (Grey Fox) did somewhere between MGS 2 and 4, obviously, though problably not as insanity-inducing as the process was for Grey Fox.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ask me he gets something similar to the suit Solidus had in MGS2.

You see the suit buffing down a bit after the scene ends.

Also remember the part where he grabs the gun. The suit bufs up at the shoulder part and that enables him to turn the gun on those walking frog mechs ^^

Best answers
He got more experience at the same time when Solid Snake got old. Theres is quite a large gap between MGS2 and MGS4, and im talking about tens of of years... Lot of things can happen during that time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't Snake also age fast or something as well though?

Anyway yeah, we don't know how Raiden ended up like this. It doesn't have to do with him picking up Olga's sword... which was really random, in MGS2. Suddenly he's elite with the ninja sword and him and his father have a friggin' samurai battle, I mean where did that come from?

I think it was confirmed that Raiden's blood has been replaced by some white substance, and that the majority of his body has actually been replaced by machinery. However, yeah we don't know exactly why he would do that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They needed to have a new Grey Fox, so here he is: Raiden. As long as we don't see his ass or balls, I'm fine with him being a super ninja. I won't ask any questions.

Best answers
They needed to have a new Grey Fox, so here he is: Raiden. As long as we don't see his ass or balls, I'm fine with him being a super ninja. I won't ask any questions.
amen

Quoting from wikipedia

In the E3 2006 trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Raiden appears fighting GEKKO units and wearing a Tokugawa Heavy Industries exoskeleton which strongly resembles those utilized by cyborg ninjas Gray Fox and Olga Gurlukovich. According to lead character designer Yoji Shinkawa, Raiden is "falling apart" and has had most of his body parts replaced by cybernetic prosthetics; the only parts of his original human body which remain are his head and spine. He also appears extremely pale - due, according to Hideo Kojima, to the fact that his blood is white (this could be Oxycyte, a blood substitute that carries 50% more O2 to the body). Despite the dramatic physical changes he has undergone, he appears to have retained his memories of his previous experiences with Snake and FOXHOUND, and tells Solid Snake in the trailer, "It's my turn to protect you."

Although Raiden will not be a playable character in MGS4, he will be constantly present throughout the game serving as Snake's backup. He will reportedly be playable in the next iteration of Metal Gear Online, which will be included as a special feature on the MGS4 disc.

In publicity material released for MGS4, Raiden is depicted holding an infant. Many assume that it is Olga's, which at the end of MGS2 was a hostage of the Patriots. However, as his lover, Rosemary, was pregnant as MGS2 came to a close it could be his own. The actual identity of the child therefore remains unknown.
Then again, this could all be a huge joke by Hideo Kojima as everyone know's he likes a laugh or two! (like in MGS 3 when if you say you've played MGS 2 then it gives you a Raiden mask to wear for the start of the game, bastard!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom