Question about editing models from esf 1.2.3

Best answers
Hy! I wanted to ask you guys if i'm editing the models from esf 1.2.3 ecx rc2 am i aloud to put them on my forum, or to put them on youtube ?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Provided the original creator has given permission, and you give credit to that creator, it shouldn't be an issue.

Best answers
That is the problem, because i don't know who the crator is. For examlple who created esf 1.2.3 and exc rc2 ?:D

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://esforces.com/devteam

I don't know about ecx.

Just make it clear that you didn't create the model, you edited it. Something generic like "Credits go to the almighty Zeonix, Lord of Lords, King of Kings. May he reign for a million more years." works just fine.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
ECX RC2 was created by Raven, LoD and Greenbaret. They had some help from some people who did models and sprites. There use to be a document with ECX RC2 with all the credits.

Best answers
Ok thank you guys, i have 1 more question. After i edit some models me and a friend want to makes video-gamplay from esf and we want to post them on his youtube channel (he has adsense on it). For that i have to ask the permision to all the people who created esf and exc rc2, or just the ,,team-leaders" ?
This is the last question, i promise :D.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sharing videos is not really the same as editing a model and sharing that. The video was made by you, where the model was just edited by you. So vids dont need any permissions.

Best answers
ok, i tried to put it on youtube, and it says i have to give them proove that i have copyrights.But what proof should i give them.., i will send them a pm and see :d.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt youtube would ask anything of the sort unless you are trying to cash in on the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom