question about dreams...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had several occasion of dreaming of a certain place, just really random. And a few days/weeks later I would walk into some place and recognize it from my dreams. I never have nightmares more though. When I was still a kid, I used to have these stuck in a place nightmares, where I'd be chased by a creepy monster that I had thought up myself, but I just stood still and couldn't move, even though I tried to run.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sigmund Freud had some interesting theories/research when it comes to dreams, (and wrote a book that's over 800 pages entirely on dreams).

I usually don't dream as much as I used to, but when I do it's nothing I remember much of. My dreams usually either involve fighting, zombies, or just one of those exaggerations of what you plan on doing the next day. The fighting and zombie dreams bother me the most since I cannot do anything since you can't really use your physical body as you would if it was real.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freud's theories are now pretty much taught only as history and not as factual, especially when it comes to his psychosexual stuff.

I'm pretty sure you don't just remember dreams that you've woken up in the middle of, though it really helps in remembering if you do wake up in the middle of it.

If you have a clean conscience or no stress... you wont get nightmares, infact you probably wont dream at all.
I call BS on this. Having a clean concience or stressless day will not prevent you from dreaming completely, though I guess it makes sense to help with nightmares.

It is kind of fun to see people's "folk psychology" theories on stuff like this, though. Not like I'm any better though. I've taken a couple classes, but a little knowledge is a bad thing, right Alea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom