Question about a suggestion

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The last days I was trying to find a good suggestion, so ESF:Final can survive through the years.

Well the first one was for a map like the last time( the link is this: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?79488-Maps-with-Objective-Based-Game-Modes if you dont remember you ba*****s)

Anw after some thoughts of how to make it more balanced i gave up on that idea and went to the next.

Achievement (Whores) (credits for the whores goes to Mkilbride)

So i used the search thing and found an old topic from Deathshot( http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?74592-An-Idea-%28Achievement-Addon-for-all-HL-Games%29)

Even though his idea is an addon for half life games, he includes esf too.

This thread is closed without a clear answer from the team like: GO away noob etc.

So the question is (drums please),

The idea for esf achievements got turned down or not? If not i m gonna make a list of achievements for esf(got already some on my head) and post it on the suggestion section.

I want an answer and not thoughts. I want to be sure before i make a thread

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF with achievements? If they're included it won't be through Steam ^^.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While achievements through Steam will not be available, simply because Valve will not support it as far as I know, achievements can be coded in and perhaps be uploaded to an external server.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
While achievements through Steam will not be available, simply because Valve will not support it as far as I know, achievements can be coded in and perhaps be uploaded to an external server.
Yes. Yes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Achievemnts don't work on GoldSRC Mods.

Oh they can work. Its not hard for AMXX to make something like that. Well It is hard but its mainly just a long days work. mySQL and such.

But we had a confirmation that they would try to have achievements in it. But it is not a priority so its just a chance it will be in it.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Achievemnts don't work on GoldSRC Mods.
Its more like ESF:Final can't work on GoldSRC but the dev team guys hacked it so much and you can see the difference between 1.2.3 vs final.

I am sure that when they have done everything, if achievements are in their plans then they will find the way to do it. That's what they are doing 10+ years, they surpass their freaking limits. These little bastards.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its more like ESF:Final can't work on GoldSRC but the dev team guys hacked it so much and you can see the difference between 1.2.3 vs final.

I am sure that when they have done everything, if achievements are in their plans then they will find the way to do it. That's what they are doing 10+ years, they surpass their freaking limits. These little bastards.
I'm pretty sure ESF: Final's using the GoldSRC engine as a base, otherwise we wouldn't all need HL ^^. The reason that achievements don't work with HL is because Steam won't support it. We could use an external server to do it, which isn't horrendously difficult. That's if they're included.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm pretty sure ESF: Final's using the GoldSRC engine as a base, otherwise we wouldn't all need HL ^^. The reason that achievements don't work with HL is because Steam won't support it. We could use an external server to do it, which isn't horrendously difficult. That's if they're included.
I know that esf:final is using the goldsrc engine as a base, but the guys hacked the engine to add their own stuff so the game can be the way it is now.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that esf:final is using the goldsrc engine as a base, but the guys hacked the engine to add their own stuff so the game can be the way it is now.
I might have already known that ^^. The point we were trying to make was that Steam doesn't allow achievements for GoldSRC mods. So even if the engine hadn't been modified, it'd still have to be done externally.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh they can work. Its not hard for AMXX to make something like that. Well It is hard but its mainly just a long days work. mySQL and such.
Achievement's wouldn't be global that way.

I kind of doubt if there can be a good way to make global achievements with AMXX. You would have to distribute achievements plugin binary file with hardcoded SQL server info, which, unfortunately, can be decompiled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom