quake 2 skill.cfg

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
does quake 2 have skill cfg like half-life?? how can I edit the enemy hit/life point and weapon damage on quake 2?? please help

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does quake 2 have skill cfg like half-life?? how can I edit the enemy hit/life point and weapon damage on quake 2?? please help
No, Quake 2 doesn't have any skill configuration files like Half-Life or any configuration files that dictate monster/enemy attributes.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
No, Quake 2 doesn't have any skill configuration files like Half-Life or any configuration files that dictate monster/enemy attributes.

oh..i didnt know that....why dont they make configuration file for q2?? and how could they work if there's no cfg file in the game? how did the enemy&weapon achive?

and how about quake 1?? i heard that it had same engine as half-life used.

does quake 1 have cfg file?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh..i didnt know that....why dont they make configuration file for q2?? and how could they work if there's no cfg file in the game? how did the enemy&weapon achive?

and how about quake 1?? i heard that it had same engine as half-life used.

does quake 1 have cfg file?
The Goldsrc engine that Half-Life uses is a heavily modified version of the Quake engine. If I remember correctly, only a very small percentage of the original engine was left while the rest of it was heavily modified. So, despite what Half-Life had, Quake 2 didn't have it.

As for configuration files, not all games have them out in the open for editing. Most games have it hard coded into the game, which makes it either very difficult to access or impossible to access. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the configurations are hard coded into Quake 2. None of the Quake 2 configuration files that I found within the directory or .pak file indicate that they dictate enemy attributes.

As for Quake, I'm not sure if it has any of the configuration files you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom