qeird error when loading map

Best answers
when i try to load my map it gives me an error.....
host_error: no precache +1

what does that mean? and how do i fix it?

oh yea, and when compiling it also says

Error:ReadSurfs <Line 1>: 2930 > g_numplanes

how do i fix these errors?

Bolteh2

B
... looks like you decompiled a map and are trying to compile that decompiled map.. 99% of the cases who has this error have decompiled the map and tried to recompile...

i would be surprised to find out if ur in tha 1% group... since u ripped the ape_city map...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are two problems with that error that are causing it.

1) S-Bolt--'s post basicly describes the first one. When you decompile a map, it causes really small brushes that are corrupt to be created. It can be large ones as well. The error can even be a brush with too many sides or just too small.

2) The other reason is one that I don't want you to know, so you cannot compile the map because you ripped it off of Bi0.

Moral: learn to map.

Best answers
ok first of all "ape" i already talked to bio, and mabey you should find the facts from your co workers to see what was "really" going on if you would have done that you would have known that i was only using those as a base idea, i had no intentions of using this stuff in my map, and i had already sorted it out with him so mabey you could tell me teh answer

Best answers
well, he told me the answer to the first error, but he didnt tell me the answer to the second, so if you know it please tell me

Bolteh2

B
that was the answer to second prob

the 1st one (the rpecache thing) is sumthing new for me, but i think that you have an option called precache enabled (or disabled)

or it might be bad ram

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom