Push back / hard to transform (Just a suggestion)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey,

Getting killed:

I was thinking, when you get killed there schould some kind of push back, when you die in 1.2.3 its just BOOM dead.. done... respawn(of course). But i was thinking more like a push back or something.

Transforming:

I think it schould be really hard to transform to one of the higher transformings, like gotu for example, when you finally turns SSJ3 in ESF:F he schould very hard to kill and very over powered like really " watch out here comes GOKU! XD ".

Whats your opinion ? :)

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Transforming is supposed to give you an advantage over the other players, so it should be a challenge to find a quiet place to do it.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I think Buu will make u dead when he goes like "watch out here comes BUU! XD"

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't we agree the first trans for each form was free (for cinematic effect) then ppl are free to kill you on subsequent trans?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno karrrde, you're a part of the dev crew why you asking people on the forums that? XD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Haha :D
So the form is free, so when you enter the game then 5 sec afterwards you can transform ?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha :D
So the form is free, so when you enter the game then 5 sec afterwards you can transform ?
Not what he ment.

@Karrde we really need to bring up that discussion again since we postponed it because we didnt have any transformations at the time, or an idea how the system will end up working with the XML FX stuff.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well all I know is it's annoying to trans and be killed during trans. Of course you could hide, or cancel it...mm, this is what I do now, but it can still be a bother.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't we agree the first trans for each form was free (for cinematic effect) then ppl are free to kill you on subsequent trans?
Would that really work out, though? I mean, on paper it's a great idea, but would something like this be possible without an extreme amount of work? It might sound easy (mind you, I'm not a coder, so what I'm about to say might be wrong), but wouldn't it be difficult to make it so that the first time you transform for each form you're invulnerable, and the other times you're vulnerable?

Edit: Now that I think of it, you guys could have two XML sequences. One for the very first transformation that makes you invulnerable, and the other for all the other transformations where you're vulnerable. The only main problem I can see you guys having with this is making the first sequence only happen once. But again, I've never screwed around with the XML tool nor am I a coder, so it could just be a 10 minute job.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God no dam. All you need is a boolean variable per form. Set to true after the first trans and done >.<

Hell we are allready storing PL gained per form for the "training" bar.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God no dam. All you need is a boolean variable per form. Set to true after the first trans and done >.<

Hell we are allready storing PL gained per form for the "training" bar.
That's the second bar, right?

And shows how much I know about coding :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea in each form you need to gain a small amount of PL before you can proceed to the next. So this forces you to play in SSJ form if you want to reach SSJ2. If you play in normal form for the faster PL gaining you can have 10 million PL and still cant go SSJ2 because you never reached that second requirement.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we can call any number of sequences. it'd be easy. and i approve of trans killing personally. Don't do it in the open. Otherwise it gets used as armor to avoid hits.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we can call any number of sequences. it'd be easy. and i approve of trans killing personally. Don't do it in the open. Otherwise it gets used as armor to avoid hits.
Just like 1.2.3 with the trans blocking... which is very very annoying. So what does this mean in some player heavy servers? Gain as much pl as possible so you insta strans into the next form :p But like I stated, it depends on how many players are on the server

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Speaking of cinematic effects, exactly the reason why it might be a good reason to atleast include a switch to let the other transformations free aswell? (Making the player invincible).

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I think that it would be easier to just make an invisible bubble around the player when he transforms which will act as a barrier which cant be penetrated like no players can get in neither any ki shots and for roleplaying value it could be like a massive power surge because when u transform its basically a raw explosion of power that keeps everybody away until the character manages to concetrate their power and contain it in their bodies right? This way u could make each bubble last for as long as necessary for each transformation, even for that split second when u transform perfectly because as we all know even a split second is crucial in DBZ fights haha. So it makes sense cos in the show everyone was kinda frozen and amazed when someone transformed for the first time but it obviously wouldnt be practical to freeze every player on a map until someone finishes transforming. You could also put a cooldown for when u descend, u need to wait a while to ascend again so the bubble is not overused. I dont think its practical having to hide to transform because DBZ characters never had to do that right? I hate running away from a fight.

And @Grega I love the idea of having to gain PL in a certain form in order to actually get to the next one, please keep that in.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BlackLion, from a gameplay point of view it'd annoy everyone. What if I decided to tap transform every time an attack came near me? I'd be invincible ^^. A little too exploitable.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He did mention a cooldown period, although in the end that would just get annoying.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just like 1.2.3 with the trans blocking... which is very very annoying. So what does this mean in some player heavy servers? Gain as much pl as possible so you insta strans into the next form :p But like I stated, it depends on how many players are on the server
Well in ESF 1.2.3 it's annoying when people transform. Just play in the ******* base form because 2nd forms are overpowered and have no drawbacks except for lower PL gain which beam spammers don't care about.

Either make transformations fast enough or allow trans killing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom