Push attack

Sound good?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
A push attack for pushing away enemys. Also can be use to change direction of beams(how much it will change in direction depends on how long you charge, plus I mean uncontrollable beams). Sound good?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Push attack? why need a push attack with the new melee system where u can trow away ppl, and about the beams..........we got block for that >.< or else u wouldnt need block anymore

Best answers
Don't ya get it? If it is going to a friend, maybe he can't block it since he didn't notice. Then you can fire a push attack to reject it. (Because generic beam is too weak).

Best answers
Nice idea, but there are more important things that the team needs to be working on right now.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssjFajita said:
Nice idea, but there are more important things that the team needs to be working on right now.
By all means, tell us what you suggest. This is not very constructive criticism.

I don't see a problem with a push-esk attack which would hit your opponent like a 1.2 melee smash or shift the trajectory of a projectile by a few degrees. It'd have to be instant if you're going to use it on a projectile, and it would have to have to project itself as a cylindrical cone so that pin-pointing an incomming projectile would not be necessary to effect that projectile. It couldn't have too long of a range or it would be spammed across the map, and it couldn't be instantanious or it would be a cop out of potential melee battles. It could be scalable, in such a way that it would be possible to charge the attack for an intermediate length of time, something close to the gallit gun, wherein a full charge would be easily visible from medium range and would hold enough power to send an opponent into a wall or other obstable at speeds comparable to those seen when PCJoe illustrated Goku jackhammering his opponent out of a round of advanced melee .

What are the problems with an attack like that?

Frustration for one. Somebody charges up an attack like that and sits there with it fully charged and what do you do? It's an anti-projectile so you don't want to fire one of those. Swoop up at him and get smashed back into a wall. Against beams... I'm not sure exactly how you could set that up. Deflecting craptacular beams doesn't sound bad, but you couldn't make it usable against bigger ones because that would be unbalanced. Anyway, the point remains that an attack that could smash you any farther away than a 1.1 could make people pretty frustrated (if they didn't expect it).

What is the application? Why use it over anything else?

Personal preference? No. If you're in a situation where more than one people is swooping after you, which I frequently am, having a technique that could get one or both off of me long enough for me to work up an energy attack could be valuable. Furthermore projectiles are way too difficult to block for their own good. Sometimes they'll hit you even though you're blocking, and sometimes you want to send one back instead of run away or watch your enemy set up a beam to hit you with when you finish blocking. See one coming from far enough away and don't want to make yourself vulnarable and drain your own ki by blocking it then get in front of it and knock the blast away at an angle without going through the blocking crap.

Anyway, that's my idea for this "pushing attack." All suggestions have holes, so maybe someone else can help me fill them in as you see them.

Best answers
I like the idea. You were right about the more powerful beams, it shouldnt be able to knock it back but maybe ir should be able to divert the beam a little bit. For example, a powerful beam is fired at your teammate who is distracted for some reason, you see that he hasnt noticed thea beam and you fire the "push-away' attack and knock the beam a little so that it doesnt hit him.

Best answers
i think it would be bad cuz people would use it all the time but i think they only should be able to use it once then have to wait 5 mins so it would be fair

Best answers
I'm not sure about the waiting 5 minutes part, because its possible that you could be killed before that time. I'd say about a 2 minute wait at the max mainly depending on how many people you are playing against. Other than that, I also like the idea because it might help out concidering that some are better than others and this might be a good way to help equalize the playing field just a bit. And instead of making an entirely new attack, it might be possible to make it a secondary fucntion to another attack for example the smaller version of the spirit bomb.

Best answers
Mahlen said:
I'm not sure about the waiting 5 minutes part, because its possible that you could be killed before that time. I'd say about a 2 minute wait at the max mainly depending on how many people you are playing against. Other than that, I also like the idea because it might help out concidering that some are better than others and this might be a good way to help equalize the playing field just a bit. And instead of making an entirely new attack, it might be possible to make it a secondary fucntion to another attack for example the smaller version of the spirit bomb.
Um... which attack? The beams uses the secondary to blow them up. I don't know about setting it to like big bang, that would just be sick... a new attack, thats what I think.

Best answers
I was thinking more along the lines of the generic beam rather than a bigger attack like the big bang, but whatever makes it easier to use is fine with me

Best answers
Mahlen said:
I was thinking more along the lines of the generic beam rather than a bigger attack like the big bang, but whatever makes it easier to use is fine with me
Secondary attack on generic blows the attack up. If you mean't the place of the attack, it wasn't gonna be like number 8 or something, I thought you could ad it to number 2(kii blast).

Best answers
Mike88 said:
I like the idea. You were right about the more powerful beams, it shouldnt be able to knock it back but maybe ir should be able to divert the beam a little bit. For example, a powerful beam is fired at your teammate who is distracted for some reason, you see that he hasnt noticed thea beam and you fire the "push-away' attack and knock the beam a little so that it doesnt hit him.
or instead of pushing a powerful beam u could maybe push ur ally outta the way of the beam instead of the other way around that could make it easier balancing so that it cant do much if not anything to powerful attacks

Best answers
Yeah, cause other wise u gotta code how the power of the beam and power of u affects the push and all that stuff, if its just on ppl it would be good, it would be funny though, imagine someone swooping at u and u use the attack and they just get sent bak a bit, it would be funny. But it is a good idea.

Best answers
Now I seriously want to know, is this in or out? Just tell me, someone, is this going to be inplanted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom