Purchasing new Notebook

Best answers
Well boys, as I'm sure you have seen (or not seen) I haven't been visiting the boards for a while, I don't have a computer. So here i sit at my parents computer looking through stocks of computers and wondering just what to get. I know some of you techies on here (that means you Smith and Cuc) love to give out advice about this type of thing so I thought I would see what you guys have to say.

As I said before it will be in notebook form

I'm looking mainly for personal use, though documents will be typed on it for business use, but I'm mostly looking for something that I can play some current games on, nothing serious in the graphics area, but something that will allow me to play at least some decent recent titles. Other uses will be for internet, multimedia (I watch a lot of anime), and general computer use.

That said I have given you a very generic description, looking to spend less than 1500 USD, my father's company gets a discount on Dell products so there is a good possibility that I will be looking there.

Any help is welcome

Best answers
You can get an almost fully configured E1505 laptop from dell for that or an almost fully configured M1210 (although 12" is just too tiny). Those would allow you to play a lot of the current games, just don't expect the highest settings. Don't hesitate to look through dell's outlet site, too; you can get some outrageous deals there.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, my Dad gets a discount with dell as well. TBH, I'm using a 7 year old Dell to write my text documents. It won't play video games (maybe pong) but it gets the job done

I'd say check out any Dell laptop you see that you like and go with it, they're extremely reliable. Not only that, but if anything ever happens to it, screw taking it to the store, a Dell guy will actually come to your house and fix it. Or replace it. It's convenient.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, there used to be a guy that lived here who looked just like you!

You can also find some reasonable deals at Newegg, but you have to know what you are looking at.

The most important thing to remember with a laptop is that upgrade paths are seriously limited, so what you get will likely be what you are stuck with, for better or worse.

That being said, remember to get a capable graphics card in it to start with, because upgrading it will be next to impossible. Also, you should look for something with dedicated graphic memory, and at least 1GB of RAM. Ram is one of the few things that can be upgraded on a laptop fairly easily, the other is the HDD.

Also, it is imperitive that you get a cooling pad for this device, and despite it's name, never, ever use it on your lap. This is the garaunteed way to kill 99% of gaming laptops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom