Punker character

Bushidou

B
A punker I'm working at for a game test. Currently working at the jeans graphic texture.

polycount: 5980 triangles
Model time: 5 hours and 57 minutes and 2 hours 49 minutes the map texture.
Still needs a lot of work with the texture. I will keep you updated

Don't exitate to say what is wrong.

kindest regards
- 武士道

Best answers
I'm always impressed to see what a great texture can do to an equally great model. I think it looks fantastic so far and I can't wait to see more progress!

Best answers
wow.. The model looks great.. What test game is it for?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very smooth model indeed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks superb, however, that line running through the middle of the back could use a bit more blending.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very nice work on the texture so far ^^
It might be a point of view thing, since your shots aren't straight on, but the forearms look too long when I compare them against the legs. That in turns make the legs look too short, which I don't think is the case.
One other thing is that "split" you have in his biceps in the mesh. Given the average amount of detail you have for the mesh, it's probably not necessary to model that in.
Awesome work otherwise. Keep it up!

Best answers
It might be me but do you think his nipples are alil too dark? Just saying they look that way >.<, besides what everyone else already said to change it's pretty good. It's such a wonderful model though, not much to critique.

Bushidou

B
Thanks all, I watched closely your crits so here is a quick update:

still needs a lot of work but I will se tomorrow if I have some free time

best wishes
- 武士道

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SS_gohan44 said:
what kind of punk has that hair?? its all good but that hair just bothers me
It looks like a mo-hawk that's supposed to be spiked, but isnt

Great model, no crits from me :)

Best answers
mohawk without hair gell :)
it reminds me a bit of teh hitler jugend ;p

im really liking this model. Tho did u mirror the skin on those pants? i wouldnt do that if i where u.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To many holes in the jeans imo, keep them round the knees and ankels.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks great, is his head a bit too big though? or is it just me? ;x

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, the model is OK, but not that good. Punkers don't have that kind of hair as far as I know. Hardcore Metal fans do. Punkers don't nearly have that much holes in their pants, and the fact that you mirrored the skin looks weird.
His eyes look way to small and feminine, and it looks like he wears make up (and I know, some "punk" rock people (Green Day) use make up, but not in the way you skinned it.) His eyebrows look very feminine and hardly like a male's eyebrows. And his mustache looks like Cap'n Jack Sparrows mustache...

And I can see you have some problems skinning depth. I mean, you have defined his chest muscles, but there is absolutly no depth in them whatsoever and thus look very flat. Same goes with the holes in his pants, it looks like the pants is actually his skin, only a different color. But no depth at all.

And last but not least, have you EVER seen a male (let alone a punker) that wears that kind of thight pants? Seriously, if you want to crack some nuts, go ahead. But make the pants a lot baggier, and don't make him wear his pants so high, if you know what I mean.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe. Go to hot topic, quite a number of the workers there look like this guy. I think you gotta fix the eyes / nipples. and make his chest a bit more defined (bulkier model wise) if your gonna add that dark of a shadow line.

Bushidou

B
Fixed that already, like I mentioned I'm still working at the entire texture.
Final result on octomber 12-13, 2006

- 武士道

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares wether it really is a punk
It looks great, good job man.
Only comment i have, which is kinda arguable, is that his lips are too big to fit his race. Ussually Africans have lips like that. No offence intended.

Best answers
Very very good mdeol indeed. It reminds me of the sims 2 models in some way

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
looks great...never really seen an abdominal poly flow like that before though...seems like alot of wasted polygons in the abdominal area to me. Seem like you could easily get rid of the circular poly flow and still get the same results with the skin applied. Also from the side view of the model there isn't really much definition...it looks very flat to me.

The muscles in the bicepts look a little odd...I would say clean up the poly flow there too and save your self some wasted polys in those areas...u can easily get the same result with the skin applied to the mesh.

But all in all great model and stick with the modelling my friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom