"Pumping ps " Heads out of the gutter!

Best answers
Saw this in the development List for 1.2.....can someone clarify this for me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the last i heard it allows you to put like a huge burst of ki into the beam all at once instead of doing it at the same rate

Best answers
hmmm I think its like charging KI during a PS then pumping it in the PS or somethin o_O

EDIT: posted at same time :shocked:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, It could be that, or maybe they'll work on making the beams increase in size when they get into a PS. It's anyone's guess right now (except the team members of course).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, in the show, tough PS's seem to be in "pumps". Like one guy goes RAA! and a ball of energy moves up the "pipe" and hits the top.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
think goku vs vegeta/kaioken kamehameha vs gallit gun power struggle

and how goku wins that

same concept

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But that wasn't a pump...he used Kaioken so the beam got bigger.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly, thus "pumping" more energy into his beam, its more of a concept, it basiclly means that you can pull some good ps with shoving as much ki in as possible, this probally means increaing beam sprite sizes too, i think it works by clicking the attack button and you can shove about 1/4 of your ki in one burst, then wait for 10 secs, and can use more of your ki, and again, and again, this would increase the use of firing beams from the ground, since you regenerate ki from standing, leading to an extra push, in short, this will be sweet *thinks of the funkeh ps's*

Best answers
im thinking if like cell vs gohan when cell kept just going "RAA" and put more power in it

Best answers
In MMORPG's, this is called front-loading damage. Instead of doing little bits of damage over a long period of time to a target, you do a HUGE amount of damage all at once, but make the sacrafice of waiting long periods before your next action. Useful if you can kill your target in one hit.

I guess this pumping PS is instead of forcing ki into the beam a little at a time, you send a HUGE chunk of your ki up the beam all at once in the hopes that your target doesn't have enough ki/pl to repel the sudden surge. Could be very useful if the head was closer to him because you shot first, but it was rapidly becoming obvious that he has more ki and a higher pl, you can send a huge shot of ki hoping it would be enough to knock it into him.

Best answers
Abe Froman said:
Could be very useful if the head was closer to him because you shot first, but it was rapidly becoming obvious that he has more ki and a higher pl, you can send a huge shot of ki hoping it would be enough to knock it into him.

I think this will add an entire new element to gameplay, imagine the small guy finally being able to contend with the big boys, ki-wise, that is. :shocked: This is gonna be awesome.

Best answers
This a very cool and interesting new feature it should be good to see how this changes the gameplay ps wise I wonder if the turbo would help this at all well anyway this wun apply to all beams I'm sure like Burning Attack Vs Kamehameha and Burning Attack being able to win I dun think so.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey...ya never know. It might work more efficiant against the gallit gun, generic beam, or mazenko.

Best answers
Pumping wont work for Buring attack ... its a ball attack and it'll be changed in 1.2 ... I hope :p

Best answers
I remember suggesting the exact same thing. My idea didn't have many supporters though. I hope it was my post that gave them the idea, that would be sweet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought i heard a while ago that the team wasn't going to change the burning attack. Either way, it doesn't really matter to me. This new feature will be cool to mess around with, maybe encourage more PS's.

Best answers
PS's are cool and yeah u rarely see them these days with teh melee pwnage :p

The new melee system and pumping will be awsome we'll see more PS's ... I hope

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It also says multiple powerstruggles revisited. For those of you that hate melee you should start looking forward to 1.2.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Since they're putting in the melee struggles and they already have powerstruggles, will it be possible that they will have multiple melee struggles?(please dont flame me, just tell me its a stupid question)

Best answers
i think thats a possiblity i think i remeber hearing that they said they where gonna do mulitple melee struggles i may be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom