• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cool but it wont be in the game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldn't worry, it's probably just advertising for the new transformers movie.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They already pulled that stunt with their footage of the "Apollo 20" mission.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's not a secret that Mars is naturally terraforming...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's not a secret that Mars is naturally terraforming...
I wouldn't be so sure about that. It's probably easier for people to think that Mars is slowly becoming "Earth-like" in some respects, but for me, it makes more sense if Mars was already Earth-like and experienced some kind of horrible disaster. The Mars we know now is but a shell of its former self.

@ Sub: There are alien bases on the moon, so we'll probably focus on those first, then suddenly find out there are similar (underground?) bases on Mars.

Best answers
I can't tell if that's sarcasm, are you saying there are bases on the moon Xerimethius?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's whichever you want it to be.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally believe if aliens have at any point entered our Solar System, they'd maintain some sort of presence on the moon. Whether or not we've been visited is obviously up for speculation, but I lean more towards the "oh noes, aliens are among us" school of thought.

Best answers
Yeah, I've firmly believed that aliens are among us. I think they are around, we just don't notice :D

But if aliens maintained presence on the moon, wouldn't we be able to spot them by now? I don't know, how many times have astronauts gone to the moon? And we've put little remote controlled cars everywhere right?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there are aliens on the moon, whose to say Nasa doesn't know? Most likely they'd hide that info from the public..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure we're going to be told to get back on topic, but we might as well ride this out until then.

Who's to say we haven't noticed? Our civilian population has reported all kinds of contact with UFOs and extraterrestrial beings (which may very well be the product of a military black project, a hoax, or the real deal). It's easy to say civilian A doesn't know what the hell they're talking about, but when civilian pilots and military pilots say "I don't know wtf that was", you should probably take a closer look.

As for astronauts, there is a lot of video footage taken during space walks where astronauts report seeing strange objects or bogies, which they usually refer to with a code word or name. You can find a lot of such clips on youtube or google video. Hell, even Buzz Aldrin has come out and said he believes he saw UFOs during one of his space adventures.

I'm not convinced that we don't know about an extraterrestrial presence on the moon or any other celestial body. Former NASA employees have come out and said they were forced or witnessed people censoring images, and basically removing huge towers and bases from photographs. Why would a the government of a country be hesitant to reveal the presence of aliens? National security, I guess. Or maybe we're exchanging technology, or ideas, or they've made kind of deal with them. I don't know, but I don't doubt they exist and I bet they're nearer than most people are willing to admit or allow themselves to believe.

Best answers
Exchanging technologies...

Wow, imagine a war breaking out and all of a sudden a country using some kind of weird new technological weapon as a last resort. Usually when I speculate about extraterrestrial beings I end up sounding like a child :p

I don't think anything in the world piques my curiosity quite like it. I've seen that video of Buzz Aldrin talking about the UFO he saw outside the shuttle window, I think in that same video you also got to hear his communication with NASA from the shuttle, or at least he told you what he radioed in.

Out of curiosity Xerimethius, when you think about an extraterrestrial being, how do you picture them?

For some odd reason, I keep thinking they'd look somewhat like us, but then I figure it probably isn't realistic to think like that.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They interviewed some expert on evolution and asked him how he pictured aliens would look. The guy said that basically most aliens in movies are completely unrealistic, he said most movies the alien looks like something which would evolve on Earth. You have to think completely outside the box.

Best answers
They interviewed some expert on evolution and asked him how he pictured aliens would look. The guy said that basically most aliens in movies are completely unrealistic, he said most movies the alien looks like something which would evolve on Earth. You have to think completely outside the box.
I always thought aliens would have some sort of exoskeleton. Kind of like an armor, instead of skin. But I guess that's just me trying to make aliens cool >_>

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exchanging technologies...

Wow, imagine a war breaking out and all of a sudden a country using some kind of weird new technological weapon as a last resort. Usually when I speculate about extraterrestrial beings I end up sounding like a child :p

I don't think anything in the world piques my curiosity quite like it. I've seen that video of Buzz Aldrin talking about the UFO he saw outside the shuttle window, I think in that same video you also got to hear his communication with NASA from the shuttle, or at least he told you what he radioed in.

Out of curiosity Xerimethius, when you think about an extraterrestrial being, how do you picture them?

For some odd reason, I keep thinking they'd look somewhat like us, but then I figure it probably isn't realistic to think like that.
I believe there's a lot an alien species could learn from us, and obviously vice versa. However, I'm not one to foolishly believe an alien species would automatically be benevolent. In fact, I'd rather everyone automatically assume all alien species are hostile. It'd save us a lot of grief and preparation in the event that they are, indeed, intent on destroying us or something along those lines.

Aliens probably shouldn't look like us if they've evolved in a completely different environment. Then again, why do we assume they come from a completely different environment? As time passes, the Earth seems less and less like a statistical anomaly, and more like a statistical certainty. Some go as far as to say humans are the result of alien experiments with their kind and our ape-like ancestors. That would explain why aliens would look similar to us (or, considering they came first, we would look like them). That's a little far fetched for most people, but it's a possibility. It would explain our "Gods" of old, and why the Gods were able to mate with humans on many occasions (such stories can be found in pretty much all religions). But again, that's going a bit too far for most.

@ Your last post: Why wouldn't an alien species wear some kind of "exoskeleton" or biohazard suit, if only as a safety precaution? Wouldn't want to get your entire race wiped out because of the common cold e.g. War of the Worlds, eh?

------------------------------

Puddle: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=536615119&size=o

http://space.newscientist.com/data/images/ns/cms/dn12026/dn12026-2_283.jpg

Best answers
@ Your last post: Why wouldn't an alien species wear some kind of "exoskeleton" or biohazard suit, if only as a safety precaution? Wouldn't want to get your entire race wiped out because of the common cold e.g. War of the Worlds, eh?
Well, whenever I think about aliens, I always think about them being a dominant race that's bred for war. I don't really think about a peaceful ambassador type of deal. I figure if they're going around scouting out planets and living amongst us, or at least hiding out on our planet they'd be going through all kinds of safety precautions. Including the whole common cold thing, although I get the feeling an alien race wouldn't be afflicted by the common could because I think that their genetic make up or something or other would be totally abstract compared to ours and wouldn't be affected in the least. (I'm not science major or anything like that, so I'm just spewing out something I'm hoping you'd understand)

Even if they aren't hostile, I'm sure they'd make sure they wouldn't fall victim to our military (our being Earth in general). I get the feeling our military would blow the **** out of any aliens they encounter and ask questions later as they perform autopsies.

I'm willing to believe humans are the product of alien technology. Would clear up a lot of things about where we come from, wouldn't it?

There is also the matter of the pyramids...

http://aliens.monstrous.com/nordics.htm - Check out this website, I've just been browsing out of boredom about aliens now that I've nothing to do and it's on my mind. Where is the author of this website getting all these measurements and speculated facts from?

"At about 10 A.D.; the last Pleiadian leader called Plejas left Earth for good, because Pleiadians finally achieved peace back home in the Pleiades. They felt it was time for humans to evolve on their own. Before leaving Earth, the Pleiadians left a spiritual leader called Jmmanuel, who later was known as Jesus. Jmmanuel was a very evolved soul, whose father was Gabriel of the Pleiades system and Mary who was of Lyran descent." What the christ T_T I've also heard that 'Methusulah' (Spelling? Never read the bible) is a 'Atlantean' (Which is why the bible calls him a giant apparently)

Best answers
that is seriously gonna hurt a few Catholics...

But I'm undecided about aliens. Its not about if they exist. I'm undecided about whether they live amongst us or have greater technology than ours. I like to think we hold the upper hand and that all the UFOs spotted are just runaway experiments.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering that some stars are 1000x larger than us... maybe aliens are invisible bacteria, 100 of miles in diamater and/or radius, in our atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom