Public Dev Board?

Best answers
Wow, a couple of years have passed, didn't they? Actually more..
Anyway.. hello ESF Community! I'm here to tell something (wow really?)
I'm lurking this forum since i joined, even before that to be correct, and it's not a secret that developing is such a mistery and a taboo topic noone should ever intraprend..
Hold on hold on. I'm not asking for a goddamn release but, jokes on me, it's a whole year i was thinking about one thing..
For the devs, shouldn't be easier to use a web project board to fill in with tasks and stuff like that, so everyone who is working on the mod can update it and tell what was done and what is left to do?
And won't all the people out there (me included) be happier to the fact they got some crazy information about what is going on under the table from a public (important: w/out the possibility to interact) board?

Okay stop with the dumb questions.. is not funny..

I don't know if you wanna use something like that, or if you actually need it, but there's a site for you called Trello (nono wait calm down it's not spam, I'm not advertising and I'm not affiliated in any way with that!), I'm just sayin'.. I follow some game projects from years, to the point i started making communities in my country about those games with all information I could get from there, and traslated for those who doesn't know english (me aswell, reading this goddamn thread I wrote).. but this is another story and it's not even related. What I mean is people won't freak out that much anymore, and maybe do something useful for once instead of whining about stuff and shit-

I know you probably have your ways to do.. things, but let's be honest: News are dead (not complaining about this of course, just a tip), open beta is out of discussion and we know very bit about dev stage, more importantly I noticed that even some devs are contradditory to some topics because of lacks of information not updated or whoeverknow what reason.
Just look at some Early-Access game as Rust, not for the game itself but for what they've done with Trello in 1 year.. they were very fresh and clean about and make things understandable.. okok they get paying for their work but I don't honestly think update a page with some clicks and pics is a Time killing machine.

An easy example? This thread could've just been a single task on the board, with all the pics and text Ryokeen has posted in a very fast way (with or without all the comments, that's board admin choice), and fun-fact: we can have plenty of those!

Now, i'm not expecting to see changes, but even considering the idea would be okay to me and probably others.. as i just said i was thinking this from one year, but never ever thought i had done a topic about because i feel myself as a complainer and a, in a kinda way, not-OK-guy... Just thought Trello (or other sites like that that which I don't know) would be very useful for everyone and a win-win situation, just that.. But as I always say, just sayan' (<- not funny and very old)

TL; DR: make a Trello board so we can see the future

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom