PSP's Give The Gift of Knowledge

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...in select schools.

The Inquirer said:
TEACHERS ARE starting to use Sony Playstation Portables as a way of teaching kids French, history and geography.
Staff at Holyhead Secondary in Handsworth, Birmingham, were given two weeks' training in using the handheld gadgets as teaching tools.

According to the Daily Wail, teachers think that they can use the PSPs to tailor make lessons for pupils who need support.

One staff member, Lorna Diprose told them that the PSP was not just a gaming gadget and most hacks don't realise all the things it can do.

She told the Mail hacks - very slowly - that a PSP was 'just like a minicomputer but fast' and it could 'access the Internet and process information'. The hacks were clearly impressed by her skilled presentation of the console, because they did not hiss when the school applied for funding to cover the ?4,500 cost of equipping a class of 30 with PSPs.

A pilot scheme starts after Easter and, if successful, could be extended nationwide.
Source: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38601

Personally I can think of other, cheaper, devices they could use. The PSP has a lot of functions but it's still primarily a gaming/media device.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People can totally just bring in their own games and play them.

Haha, I'd so take like 3 with me if I was moving.

Best answers
lol i already use my psp in school lessons....
playing tekken with a buddy, without letting teachers know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom