PSP Go?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shacknews can confirm that the latest issue of Sony's downloadable PlayStation 3 video magazine Qore mysteriously appeared in the download history of subscribers today, offering an advance look at the oft-rumored, now-confirmed "PSP Go" redesign.

Due this fall, the PSP Go does away with the physical UMD drive and instead relies on downloaded digital content. It packs 16GB of internal flash memory, a 3.8" screen, Bluetooth support, and is 43% lighter than the last version of the PSP, the PSP-3000. Owners will also have the option of expanding the device's storage capacity.

Alongside word of the new hardware design, the long-awaited PSP edition of Gran Turismo and a new Metal Gear Solid title for the PSP were mentioned, with more on both expected to emerge during next week's E3 conference.

The PSP Go will not replace the existing PSP hardware already on store shelves, Sony hardware director John Koller asserted, but will instead complement it. Sony will continue to sell games on UMD discs alongside the downloadable digital versions, with Koller noting that disc-based PSP games are coming to the PS Store as downloads.

How, or even if, existing PSP owners will be able to download their existing UMD-based games to the PSP Go without repurchasing them was not discussed.

As with the existing PSP, the Go will be able to stream PlayStation 3 content through Remote Play functionality. Koller also noted that Go will be able to download movies and television shows that have been purchased or rented through the online PS Store.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58872

Honestly, it's the first time in a VERY long time that I've been tempted to get a PSP.

Thoughts?

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I have psp slim piano black 2004...I`m satisfied with it.
But I want a version like that :|

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it'd be great news...if millions of psp owners didnt already hack their psp and play downloaded games illegally.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I modded my 4 PSPs I have now. They work great!

I cant wait for this release!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, it's not working for me for some reason. Thanks though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
16 GB internal flash memory?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
o_O Now thats something. Cant wait ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Its a way to extract a song from psp game?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I'm prolly gonna pick it up now. I'm never an early adopter. But the catelogue of games is now big enough that I want it. Especially when "Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep" is released.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Birth By Sleep is keeping me pumped, but the PSP is going to need much more games than just Kingdom Hearts. I believe that it is getting Tekken and Soul Calibur, but that's all I've heard.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So now you can store PSP games all in its memory instead of having to switch discs? Fantastic that Sony is doing it officially (should save them money as well), but PSPs with homebrew have been doing this for awhile as DarK said. I've enabled this feature myself to play game unavailable to America and PSX games that I own.

I wonder how the new model will work with homebrew though.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still with Nintendo ^^.

I have no idea how large PSP games are but would storage space ever become a problem?

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
A game can not have more than 1,8 - 2,0 GB

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Birth By Sleep is keeping me pumped, but the PSP is going to need much more games than just Kingdom Hearts. I believe that it is getting Tekken and Soul Calibur, but that's all I've heard.
PSP already has Tekken 5.

Soul Caliber 4 is being released without the Broken Characters (Darth Vader, Yoda, and Starkiller. Thank God no more Star War characters)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom