PSP - Big mistake?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'm ranting about the PSP. <3 it or </3 it.

Anyways, when they were showing what the PSP can do and all this ****, I was so hyped about it, I saved up enough money to buy it. When I finally get it, its the coolest thing in the world. But now, having it for roughly a month, it's sitting in my corner collecting dust. Theres absolutely no good games for this ****ing handheld.

And the online feature kicks ass, dont get me wrong, but hell. I can only stay connected for 3 minutes without being disconnected. And for an MP3 player, its TOO DELICATE. I mean ffs, I need an MP3 player to skate with, but if I brought that it'd get smashed or stolen. It feels like the 250$ I used to get it coulda gone to something more helpful, like the PS3, or my computer.

So my thought is, was the PSP just a real big waste of money, or should I wait a bit for better games to come?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Shoulda held off for the PS3.
Yeah, thats what I'm regretting now. PSP isnt a system that I can just, take off the shelf and play like a PS2.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a few games for the psp that I obtained in less than legal ways, but they're worth it. As for it being too delicate..well, just buy a case. I bought one and now I can throw it off the Empire State building and it'll only make a crater in the sidewalk.

I only got disconnected once, but thats cause I went underground (subway).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All handhelds have this problem, but I buy them anyway..I won a DS and the only time I play it outside the house is in a waiting room or in a hotel, never in school or with friends, because you look/feel like an idiot when you play with handheld games in public at this age.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The PSP isnt really used for its games though. Its like an IPOD/Internet Browser. Hell, I installed Windows XP on my PSP. It can be used as pretty much whatever you want it to be used as.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imo, psp is only for those real hard console gaming fans. Theyv'e also released movies and stuff on it, and yet, I dunno if If I really could be bothered with it. My friend has spent already $1000 AU on his psp + games and movies for it. Now that's insane =O.

I remeber back in the day when every kid had a gameboy in the school yard and battled it out in pokemon, but that's going to get replaced by psp and a variety of different games.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
The PSP isnt really used for its games though. Its like an IPOD/Internet Browser. Hell, I installed Windows XP on my PSP. It can be used as pretty much whatever you want it to be used as.
... You have a PSP? And you called me rich...

Anyway, the PSP definitely needs more games. I mean, I can see why some people would like it as an IPOD/ Internet Browser, but quite frankly, I have my computer for the internet and an ipod for... an ipod. If Sony wants me to buy the PSP, they better come out with some amazing games for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:

Anyway, the PSP definitely needs more games. I mean, I can see why some people would like it as an IPOD/ Internet Browser, but quite frankly, I have my computer for the internet and an ipod for... an ipod. If Sony wants me to buy the PSP, they better come out with some amazing games for it.
I uised to say that, until I realized I can access the internet from the school by logging onto the school router and going into it :yes:

But still, the signal strength is week D:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:

Pfft. Excuse me "Mr. I own 10 houses and I rent it out to poor people like you, Zeo."

Im unable to bring my desktop with me wherever I go, so the PSP is great. I also dont have an IPOD which means I can use my PSP instead. So far, the games arent really that great but its other features more than make up for it. The Playstation didnt have great games when it first came out either. Just wait a bit more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love my psp.. Its amazing. But.. Your right,the games neeeeed to improve. The capabilites of the psp are way better then what there using it for.

Aduku

A
Wait 4 more games 2 come out... some of the game dont look so bad

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Pfft. Excuse me "Mr. I own 10 houses and I rent it out to poor people like you, Zeo."

Im unable to bring my desktop with me wherever I go, so the PSP is great. I also dont have an IPOD which means I can use my PSP instead. So far, the games arent really that great but its other features more than make up for it. The Playstation didnt have great games when it first came out either. Just wait a bit more.
Which leads me to my next point. How can I grind on my skates without fear of me falling and completely shattering it? Yes, its like an Ipod, but still, i'd rather skate with an Ipod and put some cushioning between it then having some big old PSP buldging out of my pocket.

I'll wait 2 years, if they dont come out with anything good, then I'm gonna sell it.

Plus, I heard you can do some trippy stuff with it, but it doesnt work on mine D:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im not one to go skateboarding so its never really been an issue for me. If you fall with an IPod in your pocket, its gonna get ****ed up. My case can withstand Juggernaut punching it. I usually keep it in either my asspack or my bookbag anyway.

Most of the trippy stuff can be done with earlier patches. If you have the newest one, you should probably roll back once. The coolest things can be done when the version you're using has been "hacked".

Best answers
Well if you were going to save it for the PS3 then ur in luck that doesn't hit US till 2007, japan gets theirs in 2006, i forget why they are doing it, something about matching a game with the release date, thats y all games for us on ps3, ship on 2007.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PSP's ownage comes when you activate homebrew on it, then all of a sudden it hits a much higher pwn factor. and do look at some of the titles coming out, almost all the current ones are a bag of crap, but games like GTA:LCS, Socom:FTB and Infected are set to totally own, and there out very soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cant the psp get alot of roms from other systems? feeling bored get some nintendo games or sega games on that *****

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah homebrew, best not to talk about it since its basicly considered warez here :x

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just dont tell him how to get them <_<. Yeah, so you can get old school games and play them on your psp as well. Its a tiny pc.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What about great games like THUG2R, Twisted Metal Black, Burnout, Virtual Tennis, Golf (with like, 10 diff names for it...) Tenchu, Ridgeracer or Wipeout for example? (and there just off the top of my head)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom