💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can get Tenchu on the PSP?!

Now I have a reason to get one.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm afraid I'll get shunned for this but; what's a psp? I'm guessing it's like a GBA except it's make by sony? Or somethjing like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont worry, I already know of Homebrew and all the hacks. My friend is fianlly teaching me how to get duke nukem, quake 2, and DOOM 1 and 2 onto it, so maybe it'll be worth my while now. Man, I remember duke nukem, ****ing kicked ass \o\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Dont worry, I already know of Homebrew and all the hacks. My friend is fianlly teaching me how to get duke nukem, quake 2, and DOOM 1 and 2 onto it, so maybe it'll be worth my while now. Man, I remember duke nukem, ****ing kicked ass \o\
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm alll out of gum."

Priceless.

My bro managed to run a SNES emulator on his PSP today, I was fairly impressed. It ran like **** though, really really slow. He kept telling me that's cus it's only a Beta version emulator, but whatever. :p

PSP will have to get some 0wn4g3 games before I'll be bothered with dishing out that much money for one.

For now, I'll stick with my virtual puppy. She breakdances on command. <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm alll out of gum."

Priceless.

My bro managed to run a SNES emulator on his PSP today, I was fairly impressed. It ran like **** though, really really slow. He kept telling me that's cus it's only a Beta version emulator, but whatever. :p

PSP will have to get some 0wn4g3 games before I'll be bothered with dishing out that much money for one.

For now, I'll stick with my virtual puppy. She breakdances on command. <3
I heard there was a way to overclock your PSP, so it runs aloooooot faster :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You shouldn't have to overclock it to run an SNES emulator, no?

Either way I think buying anything with a screen on it, if you're expecting to skate and fall onto it repeatedly, probably isn't such a good idea. Me personally, I don't like handhelds at all, but I can easily imagine a smashed screen in that kind of situation regardless. Might be smarter to get a cheap mp3 player instead and just update the playlist often.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
I heard there was a way to overclock your PSP, so it runs aloooooot faster :yes:
I DID hear it wasn't running at its full capacity due to battery life and as more intensive games are released, Sony may release an update to 'charge' it up, so to speak =). Just a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think some of your beefs are a little unfounded. For example, you wouldn't skateboard while playing a game on your PSP, so why do you expect the MP3 function to be any more suitable for skateboarding?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I think some of your beefs are a little unfounded. For example, you wouldn't skateboard while playing a game on your PSP, so why do you expect the MP3 function to be any more suitable for skateboarding?
My brother has an MP3 player that he skates with all the time, its small, and he just puts paper towels to keep it from getting smashed. It's small and doesnt bother you. On the other hand, PSP buldges out, and is alot more delicate then a regular MP3 player ;_;

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
My brother has an MP3 player that he skates with all the time, its small, and he just puts paper towels to keep it from getting smashed. It's small and doesnt bother you. On the other hand, PSP buldges out, and is alot more delicate then a regular MP3 player ;_;
Because, it is a handheld first,and an mp3 player second. I have mp3's on my laptop, you're not going to see me skateboarding with a laptop are you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Because, it is a handheld first,and an mp3 player second. I have mp3's on my laptop, you're not going to see me skateboarding with a laptop are you?
Point there. You win this time!

anyways, hopefully, by hacking it and obtaining duke nukem, doom, and super smash nintendo thing (its not real super smash brothers), and quake 2, i'll actually have more fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want an mp3 player you can skate with I reccomend a Creative Zen Nomad Jukebox Xtra, I have one, it's been run over by an SUV with no damage.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Huh, a psp wont fit your pocket? IF I had one, it could fit in my baggier pants, but since you sakte, one of those protective shells would suffice.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I just can't see much individuality in the PSP line up. There isn't anything there I can't play on my PS2 and, what's more, play better on my PS2. I don't care what the adverts say, it isn't a PS2 in my pocket.

Hopefully this will improve over the coming year. I'd like to pick up a PSP, but at the moment it just doesn't seem worth the pot of gold it would entail. But then I'm too cheap to buy a portable DVD player or an MP3 player; maybe I just need a better job. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Yeah, I'm ranting about the PSP. <3 it or </3 it.

Anyways, when they were showing what the PSP can do and all this ****, I was so hyped about it, I saved up enough money to buy it. When I finally get it, its the coolest thing in the world. But now, having it for roughly a month, it's sitting in my corner collecting dust. Theres absolutely no good games for this ****ing handheld.

And the online feature kicks ass, dont get me wrong, but hell. I can only stay connected for 3 minutes without being disconnected. And for an MP3 player, its TOO DELICATE. I mean ffs, I need an MP3 player to skate with, but if I brought that it'd get smashed or stolen. It feels like the 250$ I used to get it coulda gone to something more helpful, like the PS3, or my computer.

So my thought is, was the PSP just a real big waste of money, or should I wait a bit for better games to come?

If you would like game boys you would love the psp ;) otherwise it count for you as a waste :)

im going to buy it too thought but i get money so slowly that i will save the money and buy the psp when some square enix games are released :p

also they plan to release the FF:Ac for psp :O just lookup da games... few are awesome and all sport and racing **** is boring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom