Psi-Ops: The MindGate Conspiracy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best... Game... Ever.

I love this game because of all the different ways you can kill people and such.

I mean, I love how you can do the following:

(Might have some spoilers)

Situation: Two snipers on tower, two soldiers with machine guns, on a roof.

Option one: Use mind control to take control of one of the snipers. Run to the other sniper and headshot him. Go to the assault rifle men and Let them get you low health, headshot them and jump off the tower, return to regular state and run off.

Option two: Use TK and fling one of the snipers into the other sniper and have them fall off from their tower, killing both. Take one machine gunner and fling him to the other, and have them both fall. Take one of them after and fling them over the roof top, and wait behind the one now getting up and mind drain him.

Theres so many possibilities, it's surely my new favorite game.

Your opinions?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds pretty sick. I might try it out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Sounds pretty sick. I might try it out.
The beginning is kind of slow as you dont have any Psi powers, but it gets ALOT better as you progress.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like setting people on fire.

Best answers
They have a simliar game comming to the 360 i think in mid summer?

Called Demonik, might want to check that out as well.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved Psi-Ops. Especially later with the huge spheres you roll. Way, way better physics than Half-Life 2.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The telekinesis was kind of hard to get used to in he pc version, but after you mastered it, it was hella fun to use.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea, i've played this game half year ago. Great game indeed. Or i think i played this game before. I am doubting because i am sure there is another game just like this.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
The telekinesis was kind of hard to get used to in he pc version, but after you mastered it, it was hella fun to use.
Whoa there, hang on... THERE WAS A PC VERSION?

Or is that just a typo?

*checks IGN* Goddamn yes! I've been envious of PS2 owners everywhere after reading the original review; sounded like a hella sadistic game. Guess I better get it soon then :devgrin:

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It also came out for X-Box (and possibly Gamecube). I would recommend the PS2 version for the good controls, though.

Best answers
Finally picked it up today. The game runs good, except that the keyboard reacts waaaay too slow, IE the guy moves a few seconds after I hit a key instead of immediately. According to Zoo Publishing's support site this is the problem:

Q. When I press a key or move the mouse, the character keeps moving even though I released the keys. It sometimes causes my PC to lock up.
A. There are a few known issues with Psi-Ops and some Logitech & Microsoft multimedia keyboards, wireless keyboard, wireless mouses and webcams. Any of these devices will cause a serious loss of frame rates while playing the game. So in order for you to enjoy game, please remove these devices and this should resolve the problem.
However, neither my keyboard nor my mouse are wireless, and I don't even have a webcam. Fantastic work porting the game, guys -_-

I managed to play through the game to the point where you first get TK, and I must say if it weren't for that little problem the game would kick major ass.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't have any problems whatsoever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got it for PS2 about a week ago, and I think it's pretty cool.

Possible spoilers:
I like using Mind Control to take possession of enemies, and using them to scout ahead, and create chaos among my enemies. I also like using Mind Control to make my enemies commit suicide. XD

So far I only have Mind Drain, Mind Control, Remote Viewing and Telekinesis, but it's fun to try combinations of powers (like using Mind Control to get enemies closer to you, then sneak up to them and Mind Drain them. Splat!

Fun times. :3

Best answers
Well, so far I've tried plugging in another keyboard, unplugging my mouse, unplugging my gamepad, disabling several programs running in the background, disabling my card reader, running in compatibility mode and it still won't work properly. Grrrrr, this makes me mad!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amayirot Akago said:
Well, so far I've tried plugging in another keyboard, unplugging my mouse, unplugging my gamepad, disabling several programs running in the background, disabling my card reader, running in compatibility mode and it still won't work properly. Grrrrr, this makes me mad!
Do you have a console?

Try getting it on a console, no problems (PS2 is easy), and the controls are awesome :3

If you got no more money, just return it and be like, "DUDE TEH DSK R MSSED UP, U R GVE ME MNY BCK NOW!!!!" Or something.

Anyways... My progress (some spoilers)
Just got the Aura ability, and its pretty cool. The monsters are *****es to kill though D:. Nonetheeless, its better having it and seeing the monsters before they pop out and scare the **** out of you

^^

Best answers
Mogwai said:
They have a simliar game comming to the 360 i think in mid summer?

Called Demonik, might want to check that out as well.

Is that the game in Grandma's boy? Cuz that movie kicked ass and the game looked pretty sweet too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom