Ps3 to Win Next-gen War

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Babyboy said:
wasnt that ps3 suppose to have 4-d graphics ?
The fourth dimension is linear time, which is behind/ahead of us at all times. :)

So, no.

Best answers
wheres_warren said:
Assassins Creed is also on Xbox360 and PC I think (correct me if i'm wrong), and Final Fantasy died inside some years ago...
None of the above seems to matter to me.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Neither, because I frankly could not care less for sony :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the other features (besides graphics) of the PS3 which would appeal to the market, especially non-gamers. 'Future technologies' like Blu-ray, HDMI (if HD truly is the future, then the ability to show games in 1080p should count for something), and more mainstream current technologies such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, online services and a giant, upgradeable hard-drive.

The tables have turned compared to the sixth generation console competitions, the PS2 sold more than 4x it's competitiors, why? Powerful hardware? Er, no. Snazzy design? Maybe. Massive 3rd party support? Absotively. The PS3 may have lost some of it's exclusives, but imo it's still got the strongest 3rd party lineup overall.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blazing Angels is also a launch title, a fight flight-sim that will take advantage of the PS3's "tilt" controller to fly, with new missions that won't be on the X-Box 360/Wii versions, as well as having support for up to 16 players online.

It's hard to say at this time who will win the next gen race, don't forget those are numbers based on a 5 year timeline. The PS3 isn't going to cost $600 forever, that's just the launch price, and as the price drops, I expect more and more great titles to be released encouraging people to buy a PS3.

Besides, I don't really see what the big deal, sure, the PS3 is expensive, but you all forget price is relative. Yes, it's expensive relative to the X-Box 360 and the Wii, but then again, how many of you have $5000 TVs in your house?

As technology gets better, prices are going to keep going up, and don't even get me started on inflation.

I'm not saying PS3 is going to be an instant success, but I'm also not saying it's going to fail either.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I can honestly give two ****s on which console "wins" the war, eventually each is going to have great games. I pretty much plan on getting a Wii I suppose, I just honestly don't feel like putting money down on a PC without a monitor until it has some more games released later on, which is why I won't be rushing to buy any console after they all release.

Retired
Best answers
I think there is going to be a big change.

first of all, the wii is going to do pretty well I think. For me nintendo changed their image, from a 'kiddy-game' machine, to a nice social platform with lots of gameplay changes. which appeals to me.

the ps3 ofcourse has great predecessors, but I think the price is going to be a bad start. also I think the 2 consoles (500 US dollar version and 600 US dollar version) are totally different. removing HDMI etc, wi-fi, not a good step in my oppinion.

and the xbox360 will be able to get a solid community in this next-gen. + good games when the PS3 comes out. but so far it's always been the 2nd best.

so I think it will be 'different' from the last generation to say the least. lots of suprises I think.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is the same Michale Goodman who predicted that the 360s price and lead-time would be a significant hurdle for Sony this past May. This is the same Michael Goodman who predicted that the name Wii would prevent widespread enthusiasm for the Nintendo console. This would be the same Michael Goodman who predicted that we'd all be using our cellphones for iPods two years ago. This is the same Michael Goodman who predicted that it would be years before broadband services were delivered to customers outside of major cities, three years ago. This is the same Michael Goodman who predicted that Satellite internet service would be all the rage, especially with it's ease of install compared to dsl, five years ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I'm going to say is, no matter which system you prefer, this is going to be a very good next few years for ALL of us.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
All I'm going to say is, no matter which system you prefer, this is going to be a very good next few years for ALL of us.
I REALLY hope so. As consoles evolve, I am starting to see somewhat less innovative, or just plain different, games. The Nintendo 64 had popular games, but also these not-so popular games that weren't just first person shooters, but still fun. The PS2 has them as well, but the Gamecube and Xbox began to have less.

I just hope next-generation games aren't too limited in terms of variety.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Damn straight. :D

I'm sure - though I can't link it - that I saw an article predicting PS3s failure in Gamespot a couple of weeks ago. Just like the article started, its a cheap method of gaining publicity for the analyst. They're making wild stabs here. Anyone can take a shot in the dark.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Well put, Pride. I'm really looking forward to the new generation of consoles and their games, as well as new features such as wireless controllers and downloadable content that never really took off this generation.

Best answers
Yes, this year could be the "Golden" years at last. Probably not, when we say this 5 years later when the new consoles come up =/. Well enjoy it people, you're getting the most innovated systems ever. Complete Wireless control, amazing graphics, and free internet service (Wii and PS3 only :O ) I see nothing wrong this year except for the fact of the:

Graphics VS gameplay war

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking forward to buying a Wii, and a PS3 when the price drops dramatically. I don't need an XBox 360 though, and chances are that I won't buy it unless it gets a killer ap I must play.

Best answers
The Wii has interesting potential, but at the same time it's something so radically different that I have to wonder if people will adapt to it. Because games will be made with it that don't just use the controller in weird ways, but force you to use it in weird ways, flicking and rolling and stuff all over the place. It seems very odd to me to be making such motions while playing a game, and the success of the Wii will be highly dependant on the use of that controller. Nintendo made a smart move with the uber backwards compatibility, but that advantage remains to be seen in their pricing; remember when they wanted $20 for the original metroid on the GBA, even though the exact same game was *****ded free inside Metroid Zero Mission? I'd pay to play old NES/SNES/N64 games on a Wii, but not if they're going to be $10 or above; they'd have to be more in the neighborhood of $5 a pop or less to be worthwhile.

The X360 Has had its chance, as far as I'm concerned. The system has strength, but in one year it hasn't produced any must-have titles in my eyes. Gears and UT2K7 are upcoming, but these are games that are either already on PC at that point, or will be shortly. Oblivion was popular (though it's not quite my thing), but the whole micropayment system that Microsoft is trying to get going through XBL frightens me, honestly; little bits here and there that may eventually grow into you needing to purchase things just to have a complete game. Jumping to conclusions perhaps, but it's yet to be seen how that market model works out, and they seem to be pushing it.

The PS3, of course, is ludicrously expensive compared to the other two. But when you look at the technology inside the box, it's really nothing; Blu-Ray players are around $500 standalone, not to mention that the thing puts out graphics on par with a $400-$500 video card on a PC. Add in all the other components, and the price is right for the technology in there. But that price is still very high compared to what people are used to paying. The big push for the PS3 comes from the software support, which is awesome as always; it is the software that has sold Sony's systems, ultimately, and will always be. The launch lineup may be pithy, but I look at all the titles planned for it (FFXIII, Armored Core 4, Motor Storm, MGS4, Tekken, Killzone2 (even though the trailer was fake); the list goes on) and the potential is massive.

Best answers
wow it seems that everywhere online, no one really has any faith in the xbox.360..they must of really messed up..

Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think all this exciment over 1080p, is REALLY over hyped. I read an article about how most tvs wont even be capable of that resolution. If i find it, i will link it.

Secondly, I personally think PC will still DOMINATE multiplayer. The majority of online games seem to be first person shooters, and MMORPG. BOTH of these require(or REALLY SHOULD REQUIRE) a mouse/keyboard and i just dont see consoles ending this.

That being said, the Wii has all the titles i want to play. Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros, etc etc. Ps3 and 360 just dont have any titles i cant play on my PC (which will look better on my PC anyways *Oblivion*). Last console war i didnt purchase ANY consoles. I eventually got an xbox and ONLY because i wanted to mod it and run linux and homebrew. Had it not been for that i would have bothered.

I agree this will be an interesting run, but Im buying a Wii. $250? and all the nintendo titles i love? Good game.

The only reason for me to purchase a 360 is to play halo 3 with my buddies (1 game) and ps3 for the final fantasy series, which may suck anyways. I just dont see any titles that jump out at me, that i cant already play on PC.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Aside all the assumptions who will be market leader, Im actually wondering how they could forecast theese values.
It seems pretty unpredictable to me since the gaming market can basically turn around 180? in a couple of months.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KaiserWarrior said:
The Wii has interesting potential, but at the same time it's something so radically different that I have to wonder if people will adapt to it. Because games will be made with it that don't just use the controller in weird ways, but force you to use it in weird ways, flicking and rolling and stuff all over the place. It seems very odd to me to be making such motions while playing a game, and the success of the Wii will be highly dependant on the use of that controller. Nintendo made a smart move with the uber backwards compatibility, but that advantage remains to be seen in their pricing; remember when they wanted $20 for the original metroid on the GBA, even though the exact same game was *****ded free inside Metroid Zero Mission? I'd pay to play old NES/SNES/N64 games on a Wii, but not if they're going to be $10 or above; they'd have to be more in the neighborhood of $5 a pop or less to be worthwhile.

The X360 Has had its chance, as far as I'm concerned. The system has strength, but in one year it hasn't produced any must-have titles in my eyes. Gears and UT2K7 are upcoming, but these are games that are either already on PC at that point, or will be shortly. Oblivion was popular (though it's not quite my thing), but the whole micropayment system that Microsoft is trying to get going through XBL frightens me, honestly; little bits here and there that may eventually grow into you needing to purchase things just to have a complete game. Jumping to conclusions perhaps, but it's yet to be seen how that market model works out, and they seem to be pushing it.

The PS3, of course, is ludicrously expensive compared to the other two. But when you look at the technology inside the box, it's really nothing; Blu-Ray players are around $500 standalone, not to mention that the thing puts out graphics on par with a $400-$500 video card on a PC. Add in all the other components, and the price is right for the technology in there. But that price is still very high compared to what people are used to paying. The big push for the PS3 comes from the software support, which is awesome as always; it is the software that has sold Sony's systems, ultimately, and will always be. The launch lineup may be pithy, but I look at all the titles planned for it (FFXIII, Armored Core 4, Motor Storm, MGS4, Tekken, Killzone2 (even though the trailer was fake); the list goes on) and the potential is massive.
I didn't ready your three paragraphs , I didn't really care but hey I'm defiantly getting a XBOX 360 soon for Fable 2, and deffiantly a Wii. Enough said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom