PS3 Price

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony will be suiciding if they price it more than $50 above the 360. They'll compete, and I guarantee that 360 will be 300-350 ish.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$465...what's that in GBP...£260? Bargain! That would be great for their side in the console war.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I don't know what everyone's *****ing about.

Tivo - $200
DVD player - $100
DVD recorder - $300
CD deck - $200
PS1 - $50
PS2 - $150

vs.

Playstation3 (Does all of the above) - $300-500
OMG PS3 can do teh TIVO?

this just might be worth it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My god, why must they throw in every single media device they can think of into the PS3. I just wanna play games god dammit! I don't wanna spend hundreds of dollars for a bunch of extra features that I either A) Already have or B) Don't Need.

Someone please tell me that they'll have a "Simple" version of the ps3 that only plays games (and like DVD's too I guess, but nothing more).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rather then considering retail prices atm i wouldn't mind seeing how much it cost sony to manafacture them. if all fails (but it won't i guess or somehow the competition from nintendo and microsoft pump up) they may loose money rather then make money being a bad sign for their investors in the stock market

retail price hear will also being a factor if a consumer wants a good console for their price and some guranteeded good games

that's all that i see fall into factors atm

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
My god, why must they throw in every single media device they can think of into the PS3. I just wanna play games god dammit! I don't wanna spend hundreds of dollars for a bunch of extra features that I either A) Already have or B) Don't Need.

Someone please tell me that they'll have a "Simple" version of the ps3 that only plays games (and like DVD's too I guess, but nothing more).
Well this console isn't really aimed at the younger audience so I can see why. It's aimed at people probably more 20-something than anyone else. We're all on our first jobs...we've got the money to burn, and if we don't, we'll be able to accumulate it because other than cell phones we probably don't have a lot of bills to pay. We also are all getting our first credit cards and such.

Bottom line: When I want to move out of my house I'm going to want all those things for myself. So now I can have them all in one instead of being dirt poor and having only a couple. At least, I think that's where they are going with it.

Either way, the price seems to be falling, so I think the points are moot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
Then don't buy the special media version >_>

The simple version will be the one for games, dvd's and online play only, like the PS2, and naturally the price goes down with the functionality.

KyoKusanagi

K
Definitely going to wait until the 2nd price drop until i get it.

$465USD is a little high but is not bad considering how much the PS1 cost here when it was first released $1049AUD.

Best answers
they want me to dish out $565? well then.. itll be a while before i get my ps3 thats for sure

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the end I might end up getting the 360, mainly because of Sony's retarted approval of 2D Games, and if you haven't noticed it... I like 2D Games more, even if the majority of them are Fighting, still theres alot that can be done with 2D that simply cant be done with 3D. Plus not to mention devs are lazy mofos so you'll find alot of exploits in 3D Games as well (Models going through walls for example;it just looks stupid).

But anyway... yeah I dont think im goinna rant on 3D Games here. 2D Fighters > 3D Fighters, nuff said :p

Plus SNKP Is starting to make some improvements by relying on Sammy's Atomiswave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom