PS3 Price

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like ive said on other forums, i dont play consoles enough to blow 500 on a console. for that price id rather upgrade my computer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, that's way too high for me. I know I won't be buying it. At that point you might as well just upgrade your PC, for 500 dollars you could do quite a bit to it. Consoles always come 2nd to the PC for me.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, there go my plans on getting more than 1 next gen console in the next little while. Sheesh, $565 Canadian. Like 1m4 said, I'd sooner save that amount and put it toward upgrading my PC, as well.

Ah, well. I waited a while before I got a PS2. I'm sure I can do the same for the PS3.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Relax people, same thing was said abut PSP, PS2, and PS1. All was false. Expect something along the lines of 300 and 350.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony is a great when it comes to sales, and they know they will not make a major product at $500. But, to be on the safe side, I already have 300 stored away for the ps3 system, and as soon as EB-Games puts it on reserve, i'll put my name on the list. But, sony will still make profit. At 500 dollars, with that quality, the eye-teasers will trigger young gamers aging 8 to 18 to want it. At first, people complained about the ps2 ranging at 300, but they bought it. If I was Sony, i'll make that 500 dollar move, but I'll wait till the holidays to release it. Releasing it in the spring will not only drop their sales, but people wouldn't have the money so quickly from going in depth at Christmas.

ps ssc: get yah butt on aim! >.<

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget, they said PSP was 350 bucks, and it turned out t be 250 and lowering soon. PS1 went for some 250s, PS2 for 300, I'm expecting a 300 or 350 price tag.

Long story short, I cant get on AIM as im on a pocket PC. Get on deh MSN.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bleh. considering the ps3 will have GOOD online play and will work with my cable internet...

i probobly wont need a computer... lol.

pay over 500 to get ram and a video card along with other **** anyways

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what everyone's *****ing about.

Tivo - $200
DVD player - $100
DVD recorder - $300
CD deck - $200
PS1 - $50
PS2 - $150

vs.

Playstation3 (Does all of the above) - $300-500

Seems like a no contest to me. Besides, this isn't your grandpa's console. No more making consoles for 14 year old kids trying to buy them on allowances.

Either way they said this about all the previous Sony consoles and they were uber wrong. I expect 350/400 tops, and anyone with a job worth two squirts of piss can afford that fine with a little saving.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see another SNK Scenario in the future...
Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo will all be declaring bankruptcy after their Next Gen Consoles.

I really hope that Consoles start pricing at around $200-$300 again. And the games better stay the same price... I dont want no $200 games.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , considering that they may burn a hole in the pocket makes sence , i mean how expensive is it to manafacture for sony , with the cell processor & the XDR memory being two contributing factors to why it will be expensive , unsure on the gfx hardware side of things atm for ps3 , haven't read anything up for that yet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride said:
Tivo - $200
DVD player - $100
DVD recorder - $300
CD deck - $200
PS1 - $50
PS2 - $150

vs.

Playstation3 (Does all of the above) - $300-500
That pretty much sums it up, but only the 'all-singing-all dancing' version has all those features (as well as a hard drive). The 'PS3X' (not official name, a combination of the PS3 and the PSX) also has more ports for improved functionality and compatibility, including RJ45 ports to link PS3 to PC. It is estimated to retail at $800, nearly double the regular PS3. I'd be happy to shell out that much for the extra features, I don't have a DVD Recorder or TiVo.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well when ravendust and Pride put it that way. It's kind of makes sence. I mean, I'd pay 800 for it. And i'm not a ps fan. I don't have Tivo, a dvd player, a dvd recorder, ps1 or ps2, for my tv. so yeah, add up all those seperate, they all add up together to be more then 800, so i say it's a good price.

Best answers
I dont understand $ or £(i know what they are, but i dont know how much one is exam. one € is 5.95 mark) so i ask how much its in €?

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Well when ravendust and Pride put it that way. It's kind of makes sence. I mean, I'd pay 800 for it. And i'm not a ps fan. I don't have Tivo, a dvd player, a dvd recorder, ps1 or ps2, for my tv. so yeah, add up all those seperate, they all add up together to be more then 800, so i say it's a good price.
I don't know dude it seems that way, hell it's probally worth more then that and if the $800 tag ever came up i would probally lose my mind.

I mean sure the dvd recorder sounds nice god only knows ive been wanting one of them for quite a while now. I just still think it's kinda on the too high side, $350 would be perfect or easier to work with so i hope they go with that, but anything that's $400 or more with a possible release date during the spring time instead of the holiday season, seems kinda too pricey espically if your like me, relying on your parents to get it. If they released it during the holiday season then it would be no problem, i just wouldnt be getting anything else for christmas that year which wouldnt bother me one bit. It's too bad that theres a lack of summer jobs this time around, otherwise i wouldn't be complaining at all. Oh well, here's hoping they stick with the $300 to $350 price range.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Tivo - $200
DVD player - $100
DVD recorder - $300
CD deck - $200
PS1 - $50
PS2 - $150
$100 for a DVD player seems pretty steep =P

Mind you, it will use Blue Ray, so I suppose it'll be a step up from other DVD players.

Either way, regardless of that functionality, $560 is still way too much for me. When you factor in my tuition for next year, plus the fact that my textbooks will likely amount to a cost comparable to the PS3, itself, it is an expensive investment. I can understand it being reasonable to say "don't whine about the price, given the functionality" when you DON'T have the annoyingly high cost of post-secondary education to factor in. However, until textbooks become remarkably cheap, parking becomes less than $350, and tuition fees go down again, $560 is just too much for a full-time student >_>

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems highly unlikely that sony would be selling them at such a high price. First of all, everyone's forgetting what consoles are, a cheaper alternative to PC's for people who just want to play games, Sony isnt stupid enough to forget that. All the extra's are just hooks to get you to buy their console. I doubt sony, first and foremost a great electronical manufacturing company wouldnt be able to include all the extra's like tivo, and dvd recorder, etc, without it costing a bomb to them they can probably produce them for peanuts. Secondly, just look at the people posting here (which im going to generalise as the average gamer), and their opinions on the price.... about 8/10 people here have said they cannot afford it. Do you think sony, when combating with nintendo and microsoft, would be stupid enough to not carry out market research? Which is the most important step in producing any product. Even if the price is going to be high as mentioned, you can bet that there's some kind of plan behind it all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. They said the same thing about the Playstation2 ("It will retail for $650 dollars"). I don't think it will be any higher than 400, personally.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's why they made two versions, the 'basic' version and the 'enhanced' version. Everyone can have a PS3, you don't have to pay for the extras if you don't want or need them, nobodies forcing you to.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well even if you couldn't afford $800 worth at one time, i'm sure they make the system expandable. So you can get what you want at a later time. If they didn't do that, i'd be kinda stupid. But if it came with all that, and was in the 300's i'd buy it before i bought the revolution. That's saying something comming from a nintendo fan >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I know is that, if PS3 ended up costing more than $600, it better bring a mouse and a keyboard so I wont have to waste money on upgrading my PC for games -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom