PS3 Passes FCC Tests

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
http://ps3land.com/article-692.php

I don't really care too much about the clock speed (which is on page 2), but what really caught my eye was page 3. If you look at letter G, you will see there is a mouse. This pleases me. I wonder if it will have keyboard support as well.

Best answers
Hopefully because they realize how cheap it would be. It's hard enough now facing off against skilled players in FPS with a controller, but allowing a keyboard and mouse would make it pointless playing online, if you happen to be a user of a controller only and dislike keyboards and mouse for gaming or just can't seem to get grasp using playing both at once all that well for various reasons. Of course, that doesn't apply vice versa because you wouldn't have a Playstation 3 in the first place, and it's a gaming console to begin with, not a PC.......wait..nevermind..it is a Super computer. I guess it would be enabled.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Behold, for I cometh from the PC, and layeth waste to your joypad FPS skills. Tremble in fear at my WASD!

Best answers
Cucumba said:
Behold, for I cometh from the PC, and layeth waste to your joypad FPS skills. Tremble in fear at my WASD!
we are not worthy :scared: but yea they could just restrict keyboard and mouse from online only..i would like to use it for my single player

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have any idea how angry people would get if certain peripherals were disabled in certain situations? If anything, functionality will be determined by the developers of any specific game. :rolleyes:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Hell yea, keyboard and mouse ftw.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
...why wouldn't we?
I've never seen a game developed for a console designed with intent that a keyboard and mouse be used. Sure, it's possible, but I don't think its likely unfortunately.

As Cucumba pointed out, the ability to use a mouse and keyboard in console fps' would pretty much make all of us Gods and would be viewed by the majority of console gamers as heresy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That will definitely be a huge help to the console FPS genre.

But I'm glad you at least admitted what us UT vets have known for a long time; that even the worst person with a mouse can destroy people using the sticks.

Sticks are great in 3rd person games like DMC though. Honestly I think there should be more 3rd person games for consoles. But now if the PS3 has a mouse and the Wii has the Wiimote then the sky's the limit.

Going to be a great few years coming up, for sure.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Agreed with Pride, I've always thought 3rd Person games have controlled better on a pad and FPS games on a keyboard and mouse combo. If the PS3 allows you to use KB+M then cool.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As a console player an limited PC player, I'm neutral about this. SEGA Genesis had a mouse, so I'm meh about it, and ever since Halo, I have felt comfortable with sticks or mouse (but I too think mouse will be more accurate in FPS) and here here on more 3rd persons Pride!

Though for the console players, bring a mouse and keyboard as a useful alternative is gonna be a bit foreign. "We don't take kindly to your type 'round here"

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I really can't see many people sitting on their living room floor hunched over uncomfortably using a mouse.

And as for passing FCC tests... why is this news? If they were allowed to sell (without being fined) the PS3 without complying with FCC regulations, THEN that would be news...

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Huzzah for Ex-CS players for a comeback!... Perhaps not.
If XBOX-360 enables a Mouse/Keyboard combo too, Fatal1ty may be screwed(lol joypad) ;o
Edit: About the FCC Tests being passed by PS3.. Hurry up and release already!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenith said:
I've never seen a game developed for a console designed with intent that a keyboard and mouse be used. Sure, it's possible, but I don't think its likely unfortunately.
Phantasy Star Online.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you honestly think it's that tough of a transition? If anything it would be much easier to make FPSes have mouse support and not controller support.

All FPS are designed for a mouse whether they realize it or not, if you ask me.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just don't see how I'm gonna use a mouse slouched back in my lounge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom