PS3 or Xbox 360?

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Smith is right. (And we don't agree very often).
The only piece of hardware that the PS3 has over the Xbox 360, is the processor, even then its hard to code, and we do not know how useful it will be in games.
And everyone knows xbox live is a tried and tested online service that Sony needs allot of work to catch up.
Not to mention that Sony' also removed hardware emulation from the Aus and European PS3's, which now we have to put up with updates to allow us to run our PS2 games, And we have no idea who will win the HD DVD vs Blueray war.
Not to mention the lack of decent games, The only thing I would personally use the PS3 for is Folding@home, even then the Xbox's Radeon Derived graphics core should be able to pump out better numbers, If Microsoft allowed a client to run.
The Wii has outsold both the 360, and the PS3 combined in the last several months, only failing to the PS2.

Personally I would go for the 360 ^.^ But thats only because I like Halo.
You'd go with the 360 becuase you like Halo.. ?
I personally dislike the halo series.
There's really no reason for me to get a 360 really.
Online is free, I already use the PS3 to store most of my movies, I got a crap load of music on it already, even some pictures worth showing to my buddies.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
don't sony have the FF franchise licenced for like... 2 more games?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm of the opinion that consoles are for chumps, but it would seem that I'm alone with that sentiment.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm of the opinion that consoles are for chumps, but it would seem that I'm alone with that sentiment.
I'm sorry but I don't think I'll ever get used to the PC for games =(. I've never been much of a FPS person and the only 3rd person games on the PC I enjoy is City of Heroes (and Sims if that counts).

Playing video games on the computer prevents me from going on the internet, using Flash, AIM, etc.

But I envy you PCers since you can just sit back and watch the console fanboys bicker =/.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh. I'd much rather play games on the pc, but consoles do have some good stuff you'd be missing out on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But I envy you PCers since you can just sit back and watch the console fanboys bicker =/.
It is fun...

I miss two things with consoles. Mouse/keyboard controls, and RTS's (a genre that seems to be lifting itself back out of mediocrity, finally).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well you get the same thing with pc users... like "omg i hate windows i use mac" and vice versa...

i gave my 360 to a friend, because i haven't touched it since i got my ps3...

hope that helps =/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah true that. That's just as annoying.

Luckily I gots a Gizmondo, so I don't have to bicker with anyone!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You'd go with the 360 becuase you like Halo.. ?
I personally dislike the halo series.
There's really no reason for me to get a 360 really.
Online is free, I already use the PS3 to store most of my movies, I got a crap load of music on it already, even some pictures worth showing to my buddies.
Yes I would, I bought the original Xbox just for Halo, and to mod it into a Home theater PC, And not to mention emulation :D
I also dropped a 120gb HDD, which stores movies, music, games ;) just like my PC does :D

Now the Xbox 360 has some several things that I am looking forward to, when I can afford the machine after I pay my laptop off, Thats Halo 3, Gears of War, Final Fantasy, not to mention any other Sony Exclusives, because developers know that the PS3 isn't selling all that well in comparison to the competition, And its the best way to maximize profits.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes I would, I bought the original Xbox just for Halo, and to mod it into a Home theater PC, And not to mention emulation :D
I also dropped a 120gb HDD, which stores movies, music, games ;) just like my PC does :D

Now the Xbox 360 has some several things that I am looking forward to, when I can afford the machine after I pay my laptop off, Thats Halo 3, Gears of War, Final Fantasy, not to mention any other Sony Exclusives, because developers know that the PS3 isn't selling all that well in comparison to the competition, And its the best way to maximize profits.
If I cared about Halo 3 I could wait for it to come out for PC.
You bought the original Xbox just for Halo.
I bought the PS3 for the same reason I got a PS2.
For entertainment, now you modded and spent extra money to mod your Xbox in to a second PC.
I got it as a pleasant surprise when I got the PS3, I already had a desktop HDD which I copied what I wanted into the HDD which was already in the PS3, saving the desktop HDD space, for when I wanted to use it on my main PC.
And emulation? Linux on the PS3 Ftw.
But in the end. My PS3 already is worth every penny, and I don't have to spend any extra money to do things I already want it to do.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate that mentality. Consoles are supposed to be about games, not about playing movies on them or using it as a PC...

Best answers
I would recommend the Xbox 360. A hell of a lot more good games for that out right now.. plus the good majority of PS3's exclusives are heading over to the 360 anyway. Not many people seem to want the PS3 where I live, which seems to back up the fact of all the exclusives being ported. Also.. a lot more fun with all of its system-link stuff and XBL.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate that mentality. Consoles are supposed to be about games, not about playing movies on them or using it as a PC...
seconded. Why do I care about watching movies on my ps3 when I can easily do it on my computer?

Why do I care about browsing the internet on my PS3 when I can do it on my computer?

Oh, thats right. I don't.

I want to get a console for the sole reason to play games. I, myself, have a xbox 360. I don't absolutely love it right now, as only because my game selection isn't amazing.

--

I would say, get xbox 360. It may not have the best games right now, but as it looks, it has the most promising games for the future. Assassin's creed (sole reason i got a 360), final fantasy, etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh I'm opposite for that.

I don't really need to play the PS3 to go on the internet, but since it doubles as a DVD/Blu-ray player, it saves up space. Shoot my ps2 in my room lets me watch DVDs and play games while using the computer. I don't think a DVD player would fit anywhere in my room. The only reason I can see using music and pictures on the PS3 is if they could be somehow incorporated into games (i.e radio plays the song on the HDD, I see billboards/pictures of pictures on the HDD, etc).

A device that "just plays video games" will not work in this day and age. Cell Phones don't just let you talk to someone anymore, Televisions just don't broadcast shows, and cars don't just get you from A to B.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
If I cared about Halo 3 I could wait for it to come out for PC.
You bought the original Xbox just for Halo.
I bought the PS3 for the same reason I got a PS2.
For entertainment, now you modded and spent extra money to mod your Xbox in to a second PC.
I got it as a pleasant surprise when I got the PS3, I already had a desktop HDD which I copied what I wanted into the HDD which was already in the PS3, saving the desktop HDD space, for when I wanted to use it on my main PC.
And emulation? Linux on the PS3 Ftw.
But in the end. My PS3 already is worth every penny, and I don't have to spend any extra money to do things I already want it to do.

I did not spend any money on the mod, Don't get me wrong I love my Xbox, but its basically a media center thats able to play a selection of fun multi-player party games, and halo.
Actually I lie, I bought the Hard drive, which is great for storage, as my laptop only has 120gb of hdd space, with a second 120 gigger, I have plenty of space for a long time.
Not to mention my Xbox was far more versatile than any other console at the time, like the PS2 and GameCube.
The PS3 to you may be worth every penny, but if Blueray flops, and the PS3 sales do not look up, and you end up with the next sega dreamcast, I shall keep my comments to myself, Sony is in allot of debt at the moment, and the PS2 in my opinion is just keeping the Playstation name floating.
Allot of game company's see this and are making they're games cross-platform, which gives me little reason to pay $999 bucks for a console.

Best answers
I'd get the xbox 360.

Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo 3, Fable 2, Guitar Hero 2 (If you don't already own it for the PS2), Grand Theft Auto IV, Alan Wake, "Banjo-kazooie"
Wait wait wait what? Banjo Kazooie on the Xbox360? Can someone confirm this? this changes everything. this was like my best friend on the N64....god damn...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
assassins creed isn't a 360 exclusive is it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, didn't Rare leave the big N a couple years back? I believe they took the rights to all the characters with them.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wanted to get a next gen console for a while now.
After some thinking and searching the net, I think the 360 suits me best.
The PS3 is just not worth the current price.
The Wii...well, it's nice but only when you play with friends...I'm kind of a solo player.
Plus there are a few games that I would love to try out on the 360.

I think I might get it when my Dad will go to Singapore, it's much cheaper there.

A question to those who have the 360, whats the difference between the Premium and the Core editions?
I have to mention I'm not much of an online player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom