PS3 or Xbox 360?

Best answers
Which console would you reccomend to a 14 year old boy? I really can't decide because both systems have great game coming out or great games that are already out. the thing is im more of a ps3 fan but it costs twice as much as the 360 but the 360 is cool aswell.

Best answers
Well, im leaning towards Xbox 360 at the moment, because its cheaper, it has few exclusive games that make it worth it. And PS3 doesnt have that many exclusive games that pop in my mind at the moment...
But PS3 is better if youre looking into future (it has blu-ray drive, which is probably necessary for future games)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Xbox is great if you want immediate HD and online satisfaction. It's a great system, but it does have some flaws. The hardware isn't 100%, so keep that in mind.

The PS3 will become much better with time. It's a bit better prepared for the long run, but as for right now, it doesn't have a whole lot going for it. All the cool things are still being planned or in development, plus it's a lot more expensive.

In the case of a 14 year old, I'd say go with a 360. Or a Wii. I know some kids like to have a 360 so as not to appear like a kid to their friends or some **** like that, but the Wii is a great console that'll only get better with time. Don't be afraid to try it out.

Best answers
ok i think il probably get a 360 but i might get a ps3 later in life. in how many years do you think the ps3's price will drop?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Due to Playstation losing it's fanbase (and the 3rd party game companies noticing this) a lot of exclusives are being ported to the 360. Look at Final Fantasy 13, for example. Thats one of the exclusives thats being ported. I'm sure MGS4 will be as well.

Get the 360 and wait 2 years for the PS3 to be under $100 on ebay.

Best answers
wait final fantasy XIII is being ported to the 360!?!?!? screw ps3! im gettin xbox :)

Best answers
I'm sure MGS4 will be as well.
Kojima has stated that it wont be ported, you Xbox fanboys need to stop spreading your evil Microsoft lies.

As for the loss of exclusives, it might be fun to say that its because "teh ps3 sucks" but switch off the part of your brain that is controlled by Bill Gates and you'll realize that multi-platform games are the future, the developers and publishers make more money, more people can buy their games, it's really a win-win (not counting horrible ports).

I don't think we'll be seeing Ps3's for 100 bucks in two years, that didn't happen to the original Xbox, and frankly that thing was a piece of crap.

Anyway I think all three systems have a lot going for them, once a bit more money comes my way, I wouldn't be surprised if I owned all three.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes I think the PS3 wouldn't get nearly a much **** as it does not if it was $200 or so cheaper.

I stated in a previous post that HD TVs, that just make the picture sharper, cost more than a $600 console that plays multiple types of games, DVDs (and upscales them), Blu-rays, and other features. If someone can afford a $1,000+ television, then I'm pretty sure they can afford a Playstation 3.

But as for you (the topic creator), I actually say go for the 360. Most of my who play online use Xbox Live rather than the Playstation Network Platform. Plus there are much more games available for the 360.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xbox price dropped by 100 quid over here after about 2 months of it's release; No-one was buying it because it was a new console that no-one knew much about and because Microsoft priced it at about 300 quid; if Sony were clever, they'd do the same. Only difference between the Xbox and the PS3 is that people know what the PS3 can do and what it's predeccesors were capable of; but unlike the PS2, which also a very small amount of games with it's launch such as Tekken Tag and Gran Turismo 3, PS3 has almost nothing worth mentioning; and has chosen a very inappropriate pricing strategy considering it doesn't have such titles. I think people are starting to be less hyped and hysterical about what consoles can do and are slowly leaning to gaming and playability factor, something Sony forgot about while producing their console. A console capable of creating eye-inducing orgasms from it's graphics and performance abilities, but what good is it without something to play?
Get an Xbox 360 if you want to play the games people are playing now, get a PlayStation 3 if you have the money and don't mind waiting a while for stuff we hope PlayStation 3 will bring in the future. Imo, I'd get an Xbox 360 so I could play games with my friends and other people in the world, online. I know one of my friends has a PlayStation 3, but he's a rich ****, and has all 3 consoles. If you're a rich **** as well, my opinion is gonna cost you. I want my Wii and Xbox 360 delivered to my house by Wednesday. PM me for details on where to send the packages.

Best answers
I don't think we'll be seeing Ps3's for 100 bucks in two years, that didn't happen to the original Xbox, and frankly that thing was a piece of crap.
I can safely say I'm a fan of the original x-box. (I had GC, PS2, and Xbox)

In the end I probably logged more hours into xbox.

(PSO, Halo 2 /w Live, random rented games)

Now however, my PS2 is my most used system, but for non legitimate reasons >_> (I've added Wii to my collection, which I haven't put 2 hours into)

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You want the older machine? Or the newer one?
Newer one = More powerful, lack of games (But playable PS2 games) but much greater in the long run, better deals. More expensive.
Older one = Not as powerful, more games, good for now and won't be as great as it currently is in the future. Less expensive. (If you don't buy the essentials which you'll want)
I got the PS3, worth. Every. Penny.
I played the Xbox360 afterwords at my friends, I'm really glad I got the PS3.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd get the xbox 360.

Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo 3, Fable 2, Guitar Hero 2 (If you don't already own it for the PS2), Grand Theft Auto IV, Alan Wake, Banjo-kazooie, Blue Dragon, Crackdown, Halo Wars, Too Human, Viva Pinata, Ace Combat 6

The library is just better imo. And considering that the 360 has the price advantage and the one year head start, the library will probably stay better. The only reason to get a Playstation 3 would be if you were in love with some of their first party stuff.

Good luck with the decision.

@Fatal Cobra: Why exactly will the PS3 be better in the longrun?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kojima has stated that it wont be ported, you Xbox fanboys need to stop spreading your evil Microsoft lies.
That better have been a joke rather than an actual insult.

Oh, and I'm not a Microsoft fanboy. I'm a Nintendo Fanboy.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Developers are going to run into a brick wall a lot faster than you're expecting when it comes to the PS3's 'power'.
We shall see. =O
I was pretty impressed by AC 4's graphics.
And the fast gameplay online, friggin' crazy Japanese players swirling around in the sky firing hundreds of missiles in your face QQ

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan said:
Look at Final Fantasy 13, for example. Thats one of the exclusives thats being ported.
And your source for this is...

It's exclusivity, like MGS4, has been questioned. However there is no official statement saying FFXIII will be on any other system as of yet.

I'd get a PS3 due to the fact that a lot of the 360's exclusives get enhanced PC ports. Just like Halo 2 got the DX10 treatment, Gears of War followed. Crackdown might, and of course Halo 3 will.

PS3: MGS4, FFXIII, God of War III, Home.

Projected price cut for the PS3 is another $100 according to the Inquirer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I forgot to mention; get the console you think suits what games you prefer more. If you prefer playing on your own, the PlayStation 3 is the console to get. If you prefer multiplayer, get an Xbox 360 or a Wii.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
We shall see. =O
I was pretty impressed by AC 4's graphics.
And the fast gameplay online, friggin' crazy Japanese players swirling around in the sky firing hundreds of missiles in your face QQ
Actually Smith is right. (And we don't agree very often).
The only piece of hardware that the PS3 has over the Xbox 360, is the processor, even then its hard to code, and we do not know how useful it will be in games.
And everyone knows xbox live is a tried and tested online service that Sony needs allot of work to catch up.
Not to mention that Sony' also removed hardware emulation from the Aus and European PS3's, which now we have to put up with updates to allow us to run our PS2 games, And we have no idea who will win the HD DVD vs Blueray war.
Not to mention the lack of decent games, The only thing I would personally use the PS3 for is Folding@home, even then the Xbox's Radeon Derived graphics core should be able to pump out better numbers, If Microsoft allowed a client to run.
The Wii has outsold both the 360, and the PS3 combined in the last several months, only failing to the PS2.

Personally I would go for the 360 ^.^ But thats only because I like Halo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom