PS3 Interview

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PS3 - A Real Close Look
By Jason Bayer on Oct 8, 2006

Ever wondered what the PlayStation 3 console looks like, up close and personal? You may find that most images of the PS3 found in the web and on the PS3 website are angled in such a way that you only see the console as a whole, but how about the little details on its casing such as its sockets and ports? Well look no further as these images will relay more details about the upcoming Sony console in a closer perspective.

As previously announced, the PS3 will be supporting HDMI connections for both the 20GB and 60GB versions, which means that users will be able to enjoy sharper colors and higher frame rates, hence the HDMI port. The console will also be able to support various audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and 7.1 digital audio.

Another thing to note is the fact that the 60GB version of the console will have a Memory Sticks, Compact Flash or SD and MMC card reader slots, built-in. This would enable you to save data from your favorite games, and use it as memory card. For connectivity and communication, the PS3 also sports four USB ports and an Ethernet port, not to mention a Bluetooth 2.0 EDR, and in the 60GB version, there is a IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, for wireless connectivity.

As for the power supply, it will also be built into the console and for that purpose, a 3-pin IEC connector can be located at the base.

Please be reminded that this particular console shown here is not the official released product, but these images should give you an idea of what the retail units will look like once they are released to the public.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not the most attractive machine (and boy that ones dirty), but I guess it'll do. If I decide to get one later on I'd prefer it to be a nice white color =P. On closer inspection that front flap looks a bit poor, see how the two bit's that connect down to the hinges are made of plastic, like the cover itself. I can't imagine that being very sturdy.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Please be reminded that this particular console shown here is not the official released product, but these images should give you an idea of what the retail units will look like once they are released to the public.
I'm pretty sure that sony will make the ps3 look more "technological" if you will, and not a $2 piece of crap when its out. And if it doesnt, it wouldnt matter much anyway because the game quality will just be a giant plus =]

Edit: Is that an xbox 360 in the backround of the last image xD...

Best answers
By golly I think it is!

It says "test" next to the "playstation 3" logo in the 3rd picture, lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
swobj said:
And if it doesnt, it wouldnt matter much anyway because the game quality will just be a giant plus =]
But we must first strap up in irons and take on the challenge known as "DISK READ ERROR"

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
swobj said:
I'm pretty sure that sony will make the ps3 look more "technological" if you will, and not a $2 piece of crap when its out. And if it doesnt, it wouldnt matter much anyway because the game quality will just be a giant plus =]

Edit: Is that an xbox 360 in the backround of the last image xD...
I think you meant to say "graphics quality".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom