PS3 Flop?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope this isn't true, but if it is, Sony may very well have dug their own grave. People are going to be very upset if they buy such an expensive console and it turns out to be a piece of ****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tbh, theres just as many sony haters out there, as lovers.

im just gonna wait til its out, and judge it then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, but I doubt any work for The Inquirer. O:

It seems fairly legit to me.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
*shrugs* A newspaper is a newspaper, fancy name or not. They're more concerned over what sounds true on the day rather than what actually is true.

I find it hard to believe that the PS3 would trundle towards launch with what seem to be glaring flaws in its design. I'm marking this under highly-suspicious until I see the finished product under the hands of someone who knows what he is talking about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O: Since I don't really know anything about them - why would you say it's not a good source?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont get what the article is talking about, its talking about a airplane, where does the ps3 come in

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it had been from IGN, I would have been more concerned. But yeah, with it being from the enquirer, I was a little skeptical. It's hard to believe that Sony would press forward with something so weak, especially considering how pwnage they've made the thing out to be.

mf29 said:
i dont get what the article is talking about, its talking about a airplane, where does the ps3 come in
Are you simple?

Best answers
I guarantee to you it will sell. Why? It will be the cheapest Blue Ray player on the market at the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But then it'll only sell to Blu-Ray enthusiasts (all both of them), not the giant gamer market.

Maybe Sony will redesign it if the article is true, I doubt they'd release something less powerful than the 360 more than a year after said consoles release.

Best answers
Morpherex said:
I guarantee to you it will sell. Why? It will be the cheapest Blue Ray player on the market at the time.
Sadly true.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always find the Inquirer to be a Reliable source of information & browser it almost daily ;). I wouldn't be suprised if someone though made a printing error, & if this is true & the final product has 16mbs read speed then Sony is going to have so much bad publicity. First we hear "Cell is such a dam powerful platform", then this (if the final product is truly going to be like that, which I highly doubt). It also uses XDR memory created by rambus (who we all remeber use to produce RD ram for earlier p4 machines before intel decided to stop maknig Boards that required RD memory to be used in favour of DDR which was cheaper at the time, RD performed better in some apps though, but nonthing overly impressive).

I laugh at sony, if that is (& I mean is) true, I'd laugh my ass off. Heck your pc get's faster read speeds then 16mbs.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is the only site that I've seen this article, I have yet to see any other sites with the kind of information posted on that site. I guess it would be best to do some more research, but to be blunt, we have what 7-9 months before Playstation 3 is due to release? Give or take a few? Already they had to deal with the original estimated cost for one unit which seems to be much lower.

Don't read too much into what I say, I don't really follow the hardware world too closely behind, a lot of that stuff is over my head anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom