PS3 delays?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fantastic...It's not necessarily being pushed back to improve on it more but because the cost needed to be built..

If a game console ever goes beyond $600 during my teenage years, then I see a problem. I just hope that both the console and the games aren't at rediculously high prices. I personally am waiting to buy a PS3 before the Revolution (eventually), so this is a dissapointment. Hearing this, I am now kind of expecting PS3 to blow my mind when I get it, and to have GREAT launch games and not just a bunch of first person shooters.

Both Nintendo and Sony better wow the public when they finally launch. Last generation wasn't as indecive as this. The gamecube and xbox were launched, had games, and aconsole war waged. Now it seems dates keep getting pushed back, secrets being held, making the whole thing more complicated than it needed to be...But perhaps it will be extremely beneficial for both Sony and purchacers, which is what I hope for.

Best answers
Revolution is gonna kill just because of its low price. I know im planning on picking one up just because its so cheap. Rumors of it being as low as 170.

All I know is that if the PS3 is anything more then 600, im just going to upgrade my computer and be happy with that. I think Sony might be shooting a little too high here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra said:
Fantastic...It's not necessarily being pushed back to improve on it more but because the cost needed to be built..
Sad but true. My initial hopes for Sony have faded massively. The 360 is already out (the only next-gen console to be released), the Revolution is innovative, hyped, has an army of Nintendoids behind it and is poised to launch in the last quarter of this year. The PS3 gets delays and a price hike. It seems the PS2/Xbox scenario is recurring only the roles are reversed.

I don't care if it can play games in HD, continue my favorite series' and wax my butt all at the same time. £520 for a console is too much, and September 2007 too long.

KyoKusanagi

K
Anyone remember the N64's notorious release dates? Though admittedly the price was decent.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that kinda sucks, don't it? D:

Too bad. Just hope the ****er won't get too expensive. I, at least, am not going to buy one at launch. It's ridiculous.

Best answers
Cheeto101 said:
Revolution is gonna kill just because of its low price. I know im planning on picking one up just because its so cheap. Rumors of it being as low as 170.
I recall hearing about a slim chance of it bein at $99.

Screw Sony, I can't wait THAT long to pick one up. At least now I know I only have 2 choices.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony is going to have to start thinking logically on this. If Microsoft is able to produce a powerful system and release it for as low as $300 for just the core system, then what's stopping Sony from doing the same? If they want to go the extra mile, they can make it around $400. However, they're doing more than what they need to do and it's costing them near a thousand dollars. No one is going to dish out $1000 for a video game console. Computers, sure. But they're computers. They do more than play games. The PS3 needs to be a computer that surfs the internet, downloads music, brings up word docs, and is completely customizable if I'm going to spend even $600 on it.

I believe that most companies going multi-platform was a good idea. Square-Enix is now starting to make its way to the X-Box, so at least the popular RPG company well allow us to play its games if the PS3 horribly fails.

And, as we're all very well aware, EVERYONE loves the revolution and its new controller, so I see a lot of support for nintendo by just about every company in the future. MGS, Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, Tales of, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Devil May Cry, ect ect ect all might make an appearence in some form for the Revvy.

Remember. Sony doesn't have any Playstation brand games like Nintendo does. Nintendo is a game development company in its own right. X-Box is the same way. Bungie is sort of like "The X-Box Game Company" in a way.

So, seeing as how the Playstation only really has 3rd party support like Square-Enix, Capcom, and Konami, those companies can easilly hop over to Microsoft and Nintendo. The PS3 could very well be SOny's downfall if they continue to goof it up. The 360 is what the PS3 SHOULD be doing, the The Revolution is...well...it's nintendo. The Underdog. And guess what? The underdog is rising from the ashes at mach speed and blowing everyone out of the water.

Sony, get your asses in gear or you all are going to fail. Miserably.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're not going to fail, because people like me will buy it anyway. I have a good job, I make more than 600 dollars a week; to buy that thing would be no problem for me. I should have it in the bag, I think.

However that is FAR too long a delay, and pricing it over 500 dollars is a little ridiculous. But nowhere in that article does it say we will be paying more, just that it will cost more for Sony to build it on a per unit basis--which, obviously, spending 900 dollars to build something that is going to sell for 450ish on the market is foolish. I think we're all worrying too much, though. This is all a part of the evolution of video games--before long we'll learn to accept 500 dollar machines the same way we learned to accept 300 dollar machines and the same way we learned to accept 150 dollar machines. Besides, Sony is a smart company. I doubt that it will be much of a problem; the delays will only mean that many more launch titles, anyhow.

I'm still going to buy it, without a doubt. Maybe I'll get a 360 too. I doubt you'll find me caught dead with a Revo though, unless I play a shooter and that weirdo controller ends up being the coolest idea ever. I loves me some shooters, of course. But hell...if it's Princess Peach shooting hearts and stars at people I'm going to hate it. Only time will be able to tell on that whole bit. But the PS3 still has a spot waiting in my entertainment center and it'll stay that way until further notice, regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom