Ps3 Delayed

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
If this is true...dammit...dammit...dammit..goddammit...dammit...dammit.

Dammit. Freaking.

Dammit.
dammit...dammit...dammit...dammit...dammit..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I planned on getting this right after my brother and I shared the revolution...No way in hell am I waiting until I am a senior for Playstation 3.

But, this line "Sony went and fired the entirety of the PS3 Development Team for this flaw", sounds a bit ridiculous, to fire a whole team for that. Man I hope this is fake.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wha...noooooo!

FIGHT MEEEEEEEE *Final Explosion*

Well, the line Chakra-X quoted does seem a bit fake. A year? A whole year?! Goddammit. Now i'm going to have to study and stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats it, im getting a revolution ****ing sony, i swear, they better not delay it that much.

Best answers
Actually, the firing thing isn't all that unbelievable.

What nation is Sony's headquarters set up in? I don't know for sure, but from what I know of some Asian and Japanese cultures, that doesn't sound all that far-fetched to me.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll wait for proof before I go on a killing spree.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
It's one hell of a switch. Sony's gone from leading the Console market to trailing in last place, I mean I knew that the 360 was going to be out first but the idea of the PS3 - from which we've seen fairly solid videos - coming up behind the Revolution - from which we've seen.. nothing game-like - is ridiculous.

I'm going to be skeptical for the moment, but as has been said 'crazier things have happened'.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't believe it for a second.

#1.) Website is not reputable enough for me to care. They wouldn't have this sort of info before say, IGN or Gamespot would.

#2.) It wouldn't be the first time someone disreputed Sony in a retarded manner through the use of a website (Anyone remember 'gamefun.com' links to stories about Sony going out of business?)

#3.) There is nothing that could possibly happen to delay a machine already so close to finished for that long. If they were going to be delayed they wouldn't delay a year, they would delay as short as possible and delay multiple times if necessary.

#4.) All this aside, developers have been building games for this machine for a long time. If it had some horrendous hardware or software flaw, it would have been known about long ago.

#5.) Game companies never publicize the reasons behind their release changes, nor their personnel changes.

#6.) 'An anonymous gamestop employee.' Need I say more?

#7.) Sony produces hundreds of hi-tech multimedia devices in dozens of avenues of home entertainment. I'm pretty sure they know how to keep their equipment from overheating.

#8.) Computers don't use 'coolant.' Computers use heatsinks, fans, and ventilation. Something as small as the PS3 has no need to use 'coolant'...if it did, it would be using like, liquid nitrogen to cool it, and the point of that method of cooling CPUs is because it doesn't take nearly as much circulation of 'coolant' to keep a CPU frosty as it does fans and heatsinks. So the idea of having 'not enough coolant' is just retarded.

#9.) Even if it was all true, I doubt it would take one of the biggest electronics companies in the world a YEAR to repair a big obvious problem like 'not enough coolant.' A month, tops. It could all be true but I doubt it will affect the launch cycle of the machine...I mean, remember, it isn't due for a very long time coming anyhow...do you really think that in addition to their already lengthy development cycle they'd need an ENTIRE EXTRA YEAR to do much of anything?

So unfortunately for the moment I remain skeptical as well. If it's true then it will be publicized soon enough. And for the Record, Brim--the company that makes the PS1 and PS2 is fully named 'SCEA' which is 'Sony Computer Entertainment ... well, the last word is obvious enough. So I'm pretty sure they aren't based in Japan.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Heh.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SCEA is just the American publishing side of Sony--As I recall, they just handle the licensing of Japanese games to the American market. SCEA wasn't even formed until a year after the Playstation had been out in Japan.

I believe Sony Computer Entertainment, just a division of plain ol' Sony develops the PS/PS2/PSP/etc line.

Anyhoo, this story is 99% likely bullpoop, for all the reasons Pride said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom