PS3 Controller

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am tired of everyone hating on the PS3 controller! I have a controller almost exactly like it for the PS1 and it is the most comfortable controller I have ever used!

My fingers don't hurt even after button mashing and the D-Pad moves so easily and smoothly, no cramping.

I saw the controller way back in 5th grade (currently in freshman year in college) in a magazine and got it a few years later.

MY CONTROLLER
PS3 CONTROLLER

Best answers
I've never seen the PS3 controller. Gross. It looks horrible but that doesnt matter because it also looks kinda comfortable. I mean my hand doesnt fit completely on the PS2 controller cause the handle things are too short but that one looks better. I dont think it will be that bad. It's not like that's the ONLY controller theyre gonna make for PS3 if you dont like it im sure theyll make the usual one as well.

Best answers
The PS3 controller hasen't even been finalized yet anyway. They were waiting too see what idea's they wanted to steal from Nintendo, and they haven't made any statements about what they thought about the Nintendo Revolution's new controller yet, so you know what that means.

.....Joking acourse. But i really doubt they will stick with that shape either way, but even if they do, that dosen't really look all that bad, but it's nothing to scream about either. Im glad their changing the style of their controller for once though.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the same controller Dewd has. Its friggin comfortable as hell. Sure, it looks like crap, but at least it works perfectly. The controller the ps2 comes with is too clunky and breaks too easy in my opinion.

Batarang pwns.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I have the same controller Dewd has. Its friggin comfortable as hell. Sure, it looks like crap, but at least it works perfectly. The controller the ps2 comes with is too clunky and breaks too easy in my opinion.

Batarang pwns.
tell me about it...

i bought one of those microcon (mini) controllers, it fell off my desk and the left side shattered, the vibrator popped out and everything. i didnt even throw it

i hope its non battery wireless, and i wish they would rip the power button from nintendo

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mostly the people I hear who bash their controller are either revolution/ 360 fanboys, or very superficial. It looks like it should work fine, takes up more space, but I see no reason why it would be bad.

However, I find it funny that both the ps3 controller and revolution's controller remind me of dildos :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. I find it weird that anything reminds you of dildos other than actual dildos.

Anywho, I just hope the new controller is stronger than the old ones have been. I replaced the standard one twice. I got tired of the crappy controller, so I bought the batarang looking one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Wow. I find it weird that anything reminds you of dildos other than actual dildos.
Wait, what? :confused:

I wish there were some angled shots, so I could see where the l2/r2 buttons are shown and see the depth of the controller.

Best answers
the remote looks good i dont really care becos i get used to them after playing for like 2 hours i'm more focus on the games they make

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The controller doesn't look terrible. Remember, controllers have a history of looking ridiculous. Dreamcast? Nintendo 64?

Soul Punisher said:
They were waiting too see what idea's they wanted to steal from Nintendo, and they haven't made any statements about what they thought about the Nintendo Revolution's new controller yet, so you know what that means.

Seeing as how you've thrown out that picture again, I might as well correct it.

Silly picture "point #1": This is the only 'correct' point of the picture. However, "Sony" didn't emulate the feature, the entire gaming industry did, including Sony, Microsoft and Sega. Nintendo's rumble pak became the standard for all gaming.

Silly picture "point #2": What was the first company out with an analog controller? What's that?! Not Nintendo? That's right. It was Sega. They released a special analog controller for the SATURN game "NiGHTS into Dreams."
Nintendo, along with Microsoft and Sony, stole it from Sega.

Silly picture "point #3, #4, #5": You can't "steal" developers. They were enticed away from Nintendo because Sony, Microsoft and Sega weren't as horribly anal as Nintendo was.

Overall, Sony has been one of the companies with the most solid and well working controllers. Even if the new one looks silly, it might be easier on your hands. We won't know until we try it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved the dreamcast's VMU style, but don't get me starteed with X-Box's original controller. I remeber how diffcult it was to get used to using a control stick and not a D-Pad, so I guess nobody can 100% look down on a controller without trying it first.

Heh Heh, the Sony picture is kinda funny though.

Best answers
Silly picture "point #2": What was the first company out with an analog controller? What's that?! Not Nintendo? That's right. It was Sega. They released a special analog controller for the SATURN game "NiGHTS into Dreams."
Nintendo, along with Microsoft and Sony, stole it from Sega.
But didn't the Analog Joystick and Nights come out nearly a month after the N64?. I mean wasn't the N64 released in Japan like sometime in june 1996, and that Nights game for Saturn was released like sometime in July 1996 with the Analog Joystick so basically, that's saying Sega kinda took the idea from Nintendo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
WHAT IS IT WITH NINTENDO FANS AND NOT BEING ABLE TO STAY ON TOPIC? IS IT BECAUSE THE FORUM ISN'T COLORFUL ENOUGH?!

YOU TALK ABOUT THE PS2 CONTROLLER OR ANYTHING RELEVANT TO HELP MAKE YOUR POINTS ABOUT IT. ANYTHING ELSE IS GARBAGE AND WILL BE TREATED AS SUCH. DO NOT MAKE ME WARN PEOPLE FOR IDIOTIC PRO-NINTENDO CRAP IN THIS THREAD PLEASE--PEOPLE MAY DISAGREE IN NINTENDO THREADS, BUT AT LEAST THEY ONLY DISAGREE AND MAKE A POINT, INSTEAD OF POSTING FOOLISH IMAGES WITH NO TRUTH TO THEM DESIGNED ENTIRELY TO ANTAGONIZE.

I'M SURE SOME OF YOU WILL ARGUE THAT MY SIG DOES THE SAME THING. FEEL FREE TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT, OR PM MY SUPERIORS. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A CONTROLLER THAT IS NOT A NINTENDO-RELATED CONTROLLER, NOR IS IT BEING COMPARED.

BOLD CAPS = ME, HAVING NO PATIENCE LEFT. FOLLOW THROUGH AND STAY ON TOPIC. I DON'T WANT TO SEE AIMLESS ANTAGONISM WITH NO POINT AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANYTHING OFF THE TOPIC. THERE IS NO REASON NINTENDO SHOULD HAVE BEEN MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD'S NATURAL COURSE OF DISCUSSION OUTSIDE OF CASUALLY.

ACCEPT IT. GET OVER IT. AND GET BACK ON TOPIC.
Thank you!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soul Punisher said:
But didn't the Analog Joystick and Nights come out nearly a month after the N64?. I mean wasn't the N64 released in Japan like sometime in june 1996, and that Nights game for Saturn was released like sometime in July 1996 with the Analog Joystick so basically, that's saying Sega kinda took the idea from Nintendo.
Apparently we were both wrong. Nintendo&Company 'borrowed' the analog technology from the 'Astrocade' system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bally_Astrocade

As for the N64/NiGHTS thing, they were released within about 2 weeks of each other, meaning neither could've waited till one was finished, copied it and reproduced it for mass sale within two weeks.

As for the PS3 controller, personally I think they should stick with the standard Dual Shock 2 type the PS2 has. Why improve on a good thing? It works, it's functional--I don't need any more pizzaz.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We were just comparing, we were...

I mean, I don't think you can have adiverse thread when it's 100% focused on what a controller can do, since that seems very limited.

Once more screenshtos are released, I want to tryand put a picture of a ps3, ps2, and ps1 controller next ot each toehr, just too see a more accurate difference.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
We were just comparing, we were...

I mean, I don't think you can have adiverse thread when it's 100% focused on what a controller can do, since that seems very limited.

Once more screenshtos are released, I want to tryand put a picture of a ps3, ps2, and ps1 controller next ot each toehr, just too see a more accurate difference.

--->

--->

Note that the third, PS3's controller, is still subject to change.

Best answers
i dun care what u guys think... IT LOOKS LIKE TEH SEXOR...

and it does look comfortable too,....

DMW

Best answers
cant say if it looks compfy or not,i need a side pic of it(not asking for 1 just saying).But eh the controller doesnt look that bad,although i thought ps2 controll was perfect,maybe the ps3 will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom