PS2 Online Wireless Rig ... weird lag ... not seen by router

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I used Smackdown vs. Raw 06 to set up my PS2 online and it works fine through my new wireless 'gaming adapter', the Netgear WGE111, my connection seems good, everything is fast, my signal strength in the ingame browser shows as five bars. But for some reason all of my keypresses are horribly delayed in the game.

This makes no sense. During matches, nothing lags--people don't seem to lag and even if I host the match I still have this issue. No one has complained about me lagging up games...it seems as if only my stupid button presses are just delayed, from my end. If anyone knows anything about it, any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Just a general update: I've been working on the problem and screwed it up worse. Now instead of working poorly, it doesn't work at all--this is because I went into the access point's IP address in Explorer and changed it's wireless SSID from ANY to WIRELESS. Now I can't get back into the damn thing, and it won't connect online at all with 'auto detect' settings on the PS2. If I program in the IPs, it sort of works, but not very well--it won't log in past thge DNAS screen.

Crap. Frigging thing cost me a hundred bucks...I should've just bought a really long ethernet cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom